1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

February Weather and First Solo trip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Publius, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Publius

Publius Living the Dream

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So today at work I broke down and decided I need a vacation. I'm taking time off next month and spending a week in Vegas. I'm doing my first solo trip.

Just checking on what the weather is going to be like or what to expect. I live in Illinois so I'm used to bitterly cold weather. Don't think it'll be that cold as it is back home.

This trip won't be my big yearly trip I do. Mostly will be laid back, relaxing, doing some gambling but mostly just recharging my batteries which I desperately need

FlightSimExpo 2024
  2. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like Superbowl, may I suggest Jan 31? Busy time and a blast!!!

4. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to Vegas the past 2 February and can its pretty cold.
    The first time there was a very cold wind the entire time.
    Last year it was cold but not as windy.
    We definitely don't do as much walking around in Feb as our Sept trips.
    Keep in mind I am also coming from Florida so my view of the winter weather may be tainted slightly.

5. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

I've been there the last two years in February and thought the weather was pretty nice. Generally it was in the 60s during the day and in the 40s to 50s at night, with a few days in the 70s. This was in the middle of February. Of course it maybe different this year.

I need all the luck I can get!
  6. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I went last year it was in the high 60s and low 70s during the day. This year I bought one of those ultra thin thermal jackets - in case I go to Vegas I can easily smoosh it into a carry on bag, and have it in case a cold snap hits.

Being able to walk around without a coat and see palm trees is a very good shot in the arm if you are escaping a long winter. I like it a bit warmer, so It kinda stung because the pools were getting ready to open, but weren't quite there. But, for a free room, I'll live without the pool in February.

Have fun!

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
  7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    60's probably. Wouldn't worry too much. I went both 2014, and 2013 in Feb and didn't have an issue, both times we did lots of walking down the strip at night, and I don't recall it being cold or needing a jacket. I'd bring a light sweater or something just incase you will be outside a lot. But shouldn't be freezing.

Have fun! I love my solo trips.

8. daniela

daniela Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's hard to say how the weather will be like so far in advance. February can be cold with freezing temperature at night and temp in the 40's and 50's during the day. Last year, I think it was a particular warm year and temperature were pleasant even during winter months. This year seems to be a much colder year even here in L.A.

Dress in layers and definitely bring something for colder weather. Keep in mind this advice is coming from a girl who screams:" it's freezing"! when temperatures are in the 50's!!!!! :)

9. Publius

Publius Living the Dream

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well 50's are much better than below digit weather. Tomorrow they are forecasting here where I live at 6-8 inches of snow. :grrr: I want to go to Vegas now. I'm tired of winter

FlightSimExpo 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.