1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How much faith do you have in the year end statements?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by LV_Bound, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Decided to print out the year end Vegas statements.

Although we only go twice a year to Vegas we do spend the majority of time gambling.
    We aren't low rollers yet are no where near being a High Roller.
    Our limo ride, hotel and food are usually free each trip so we do a good amount of gambling.

98% of our gambling is done on CET properties.

We print out our statements and my wife shows only a loss of $156.00 for the two trips.
    The two trips we had this year was pretty rough on her and found it surprising that she only lost $156.00
    In fact I have seen her lose more than that in one session.

Now my printout shows a total gain of $704. :woohoo:
    The first trip I did get my ass handed to me but for the second trip I did pretty well. In my mind I should still a bit in the red.
    Oh and get this, it shows my table games at Ballys, Paris and Cromwell (which is correct) and all three show wins. Not a single loss.
    Damn, the Craps tables were much nicer than I actually remember.

Granted my trip report does reflect the 2nd trip of the year was very kind to me but didn't think it wiped out the losses from my first trip.

Now either these statements aren't telling the whole story or my memory is getting that bad I don't even know I am doing better in Vegas than I thought.

How much faith do you put in these year end statements?

2. Haute_Shot

Haute_Shot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What kind of comps is CET giving you?

You guys must be long grinders very fortunate that your gambling bankroll lasts so long

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't put any faith in those reports, especially the table games. The slot side will probably be about 99% accurate, as long as you put your card in the machine, but the rest is mainly guess work on the pit critters part. Especially when they aren't around to account for the amount you left the table with when you color up.

4. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been tracking mine the last few months, it seems accurate to me (I play mostly table games). You don't actually have to wait until the end of the year to see it (with CET), just change the web address to 2014, 2015, etc.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  5. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks accurate to me. I am slot and video keno only this past year.

6. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are accurate for machine play while using your card.

For table play, not so much. There are too many variables, like when your card was collected. what the pit boss put your bet down as and how much you left with.

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others have said, they are very accurate for machine play. The only machine errors seem to be when the card isn't active.

But table games have the human element that can tweak results. I played only one table session this last year, but it was recorded correctly to within 5 dollars.

8. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does freeplay affect the win/loss statement?

9. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would guess that freeplay doesn't get considered.

10. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Any proceeds from freeplay are counted as wins.

So if you start with $100 in freeplay and leave the table/machine with $100 cash you would be considered to have won $100.

11. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you know this? I would think it would be considered a break even session.

12. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the win/loss reports are accurate. Obviously, slot/vp play should be 100% accurate. Table play should be fairly accurate. If you color up, the amount you walk away with is accurate. If you pocket chips during play or walk away with chips without coloring out.......that's where a lot of discrepancy may arise.

13. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also whatever you tip will be counted as your winnings

14. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That wouldn't make sense being break even. Freeplay is funny money. If you leave with real chips, that's when it should be considered money won.

15. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm, you're probably right that it should. You think a two way win counts in the win column also (it doesn't seem to)? If that's the case, I don't think they track my wins as well as they track my losses.

16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends on how the freeplay is handled (as far as machines).

At CET properties you get a voucher, and it would be easy for them to exclude that from coin in.

At MGM properties, you download freeplay, but then you must also put in your own cash. When you do a spin, the machine draws down your cash (so it counts as coin in) and then reimburses you on the credit meter.

17. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think at a table, it's what you walk away with vs what you bought in for (or markers taken). Any bets made for dealers and paid out are not in the chips you color up and recorded by a pit boss. If you color up and then after give a tip, then that's a different story. That last tip will be counted as your winnings.

18. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Mlife win/loss report seems to be very accurate! I've heard others have had more trouble with it. I guess it depends on the pit boss.

19. voltron12

voltron12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My reports all always way off for table play. If your play is always in high limit rooms, then it is probably accurate. The main way they track your win loss is your buyin and color up. Here are a couple reasons why they could be off.
    1. If you walk away from the table without coloring up. The pitt boss might not even realize you got up for 5-10 minutes on a busy night. And by that time they may or may not ask the dealer how much you left with. And most of the time they probably are just guessing. Or a dealer could of changed and have no idea.

2. If you buy in for more chips. I have bought in for 1-2 hundred more so I can double down or split, and they announce changing 100-200 but the pit boss basically looks over and nods. Doesn't write anything down. So if I started with 1000. Bought in for 1-200 more 2-3 times. Then get up with 1000 in chips. They will have me at breaking even when I might have lost 3-500. Some pit bosses are on it, but some at the 25 min tables especially are watching over a ton of bj tables and don't really take close account.

20. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine seems pretty accurate. I only play BJ and Craps (at CET) and only had 2 trips this year, by my estimate one a win of $4,800 (after tips) the other a loss of $4,400 (after tips). They have me with a total win for the year of $950. So if their number adds back the tips it is probably pretty close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.