1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Golfapalooza 2015?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's see what kind of interest we have for getting together for a round or two, say May 2015. Nothing elaborate, just some golf, laughs, needles, adult bevs. If anyone is really into the competitive thing please volunteer to put that bit together. I'll call around and see what we turn up on costs.

I think Coyote Springs is a must. Maybe follow with Primm or Paiute; TPC would be fun for the lost-ball factor. Angel Park to shave a few bucks? I'm no longer CCA but if anyone is would you mind seeing what Canyon Gate might be able/willing to offer, if anything? Anyone Pacific Links-tied?

2. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the idea!! Would be great to meet golfers from this board. Unfortunately, my time off are major holidays only - Easter, Christmas, and summer (July/August). That sure limits my golfing time in Vegas :thumbsdown:

3. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd love to play a round. I'm planning on being in Vegas (with my clubs) in May. I'm not sure of the dates, but probably towards the beginning of the month. If my trip lines up....I'm in!

4. Molder66

Molder66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Count me in.
    Sound like a great time.

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds like something' I'd be interest in...

6. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My group goes in April or May. I have been organizing our trips for 16 years now. I call them our 3G trips. Golf, Gamble, Guzzle.

I would probably be up for a VMB trip too. First step is coming up with a date. I'm very flexible.

7. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My (small) golf travel group is, umm, rather boring in comparison. Golf, food, golf is about the extent of it. Oh, and a few bottles of good Syrah. We did Vegas a number of times and what transpired for gambling was me playing blackjack and the boys standing behind me kibitzing as to how I should play and trying to mooch free drinks. :rolleyes2: Now we rent houses or condos in exotica places like Santa Fe and Bend. lol

I've asked that this thread be moved over to the general Vegas board 'cause I think we'll have a better chance of catching interest. We'll just see how things play out the next few months. Teeing it up with y'all would be a kick.

8. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never mind! lol

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  9. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas Golfapalooza 2015 sounds like a fun but can't make it... My annual golf outing from 22-28 April is too close to May...

Annual Golf Trip
  10. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the idea, but my 2015 vacation time is just about all committed to destination weddings.

Maybe I can make it out for year 2

11. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry - the post got moved and I'm not sure how it was split, but I merged at a later point :peace:

12. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you'll have to throw out a date and see how that works Ken.
    Some folks have very limited vacation or getaway windows and others are hard core Vegas visitors, as you are well aware of I'm sure.
    Would be a fun time regardless.

13. Fafa2e

Fafa2e High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was considering a late May Phoenix golf trip, so I may be able to squeeze a few days in Vegas if something gets put together.

My Longest Trip Ever
  14. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken, I'm in, and I will help you set it up. Where was my email, lol? If the group is manageable enough, I will try to get us in at Shadow Creek. I'll round up Shifter as well.

15. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where you playing?

- - - Updated - - -

Can Jim lead the paparazzi camera crew?

16. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't see this thread until today but I'm definitely interested in doing this.

I recently read that Southern Highlands is allowing some sort of outside play opportunities. Not sure if they'd be open to a group, but I'd love to get out there sometime.

17. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southern Highlands, SouthShore and DragonRidge, all offer some type of limited outside access, for Pacific Links members mostly. (SS has allowances for Westin LLV guests, too.)

I think with this group it is going to work best with a place or places that will block out X tee times and then let folks call in individually to secure their slots. We're starting to figure out our spring travels so hopefully can report back soon with a date or two. I realize certain dates and $$$ could exclude some, and apologize in advance.

18. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im in. Just let me know the dates. I can hook us up at Wynn or Shadow if you want. Yes, at a reduced rate ish.... Southern Highlands, Primm, Bali, TPC or Paiute are all fine. Its about getting together for some fun.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.