1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games 2 deck blackjack minimums at aria

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by jingber05, Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jingber05

jingber05 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know the minimums for
    DD at aria? Blackack vegas
    Wizard of odds says their 2d that stands at s17 is
    50 and their dd is 25 h17. Is this accurate? I have never seen aria have dd at h17.

2. bucac_tau

bucac_tau Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen $50 DD H17 in the afternoon and $100 DD H17 in the evenings.
    Usually in the the pit opposite of the craps tables or in HL.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the HL, the minimum is $100 during weekday mornings. It increases to $300, $500, and $1000 later in the day and on weekends. I think the higher minimums are usually because a player requests it, but $300 and $500 are not unusual in there. They usually only had two DD tables going in the old HL (sometimes opening a third DD table in the back corner near the restrooms) and I am not sure if that will remain the same once the renovations to the HL are complete.

On the main floor, I have seen one or two tables with a $50 minimum, again during weekdays. In the evenings, I have seen it increase to $100. I don't play out there very often so I am not certain how often the minimum stays at $50. And those tables are really closer to the slot machines outside Jean Phillipe than they are to the craps tables, but I think you know which pit we are talking about. Good luck!

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, and if the HL renovations are not yet complete (I think their goal was to have it open again by NYE, but not certain if they have maintained that schedule), the HL tables are in the Deuce Lounge. I stopped in there earlier this month and there were only two DD tables, each with a $1000 minimum. Granted it was a busy Saturday evening, so maybe the minimums are lower in there at other times

The plans have changed
  5. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have DD S17 for $50. Since they have that, why would you want H17?

6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be clear, my post above, the DD tables I am talking about are all S17. There may be H17 as well, but I only look for the S17 tables. I know there are H17 shoe games there, not sure about DD though

The plans have changed
  7. jingber05

jingber05 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im sorry there is some confusion. What I’m saying is that on the wizard of odds las vegas. it lists a Double deck game that the dealer stands on soft 17 and one game that hits on soft 17. the site lists the aria game that hits on soft 17 is 25 minimum. the other double deck game that the dealer “stays” on soft 17 is listed at 50 minimum. My question is that can anyone confirm if they have seen both DD games on the aria floor? I know the last time I was there they had 4 DD tables back to back that all stood on soft 17.

8. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in October I was surprisingly able to play DD S17 early mornings during a few weekdays for $25. They didn't stay at $25 long but I was grandfathered in each day when the limits were raised. As UKFanatic said, these were the tables right by Jean Philippe.

9. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WizofOdds and Wong's BJ21 sites are good resources but not to be totally depended on. Shackleford used to only update once a year and Wong monthly but table limits can vary so much that those are just rule of thumb sites.
    I was just in the the temporary HL at the Deuce lounge and the s17 DD limit was $200 in the early evening both weeknights. It was not busy.

10. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, was there any confirmation or update of when the old HL area would re-open?

The plans have changed
  11. Irishwake

Irishwake Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mid Dec. there was dd S17 on the main floor with $50 min that went to $100 whenever it got busy. If things slowed down they would go back to $50.
    One evening the $50 tables went to $100 about 7:00pm for a couple hours then back to $50 about 9:00pm
    If I'm remembering correctly they would grandfather you in if mins were raised.
    The old HL room was still closed but there seemed to be people working on it every day so I would expect it to be open shortly.

12. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UK, they did say and my very DJ 42 addled and foggy memory can only recall a window of weeks not months.
    I'll be back in February and I don't even recall if they said they would have everything done by then or not. This was a couple weeks ago.
    Your b-ball guys are a real sight to behold BTW. Best team I've seen in many years. Many years.

13. jingber05

jingber05 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if bellagio ever has their dd at 25 min? Ive seen it at 50 even at 6am

14. cjlangston

cjlangston Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you know you can always ask them to lower the limit; I've found this works best during off hours.

Many times I've wandered into ARIA BJ pits early morning/weekdays and found the $50-$100 signs up and not a player in sight. Many times I've asked and they've lowered the limits to get some action going.
    Occasionally they say no, but I'm thinking the swing shift pit critters are a little more flexible than their brethren as they have to face the less populated shift day in and day out.

Too many folks just "cruise the limit signs" and don't ask for what they want IMO

15. Irishwake

Irishwake Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point cjl.
    I will ask on occasion.
    My guess would be I've had around a 70% success rate.

16. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is kind of random at Aria as I've played at their DD game when the min was $25, yet they had 2 players that were firing away from 1-10 yellow chips per hand. It really just depends on what is going on when you want to play.

17. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

Ditto - I've played the DD S17 at $25 in early morning on weekend (4am) and weekday around 11am at $25.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.