1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NY Eve and Resolutions Live w/ Gaggles! No More Hookers. Blow. or Chasing!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Gaggles, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Well my friends here we go again. It is New Years and that means Vegas! Along with New Years of course....the resolutions! I hereby declare and swear their will no more hookers! Their will be no more blow! And their will be no chasing! Because I am going to win from the time I land to the time I leave. So what I did there? I didn't actually make a resolution for no more chasing. So as of this writing....no more hookers and blow for the rest of this year!!!!

I land to join Big Sack who is currently sitting at a 4/8 game at the Venetian as we speak! Big Sack arrived around 7:00 pm on Christmas Eve. He said things were a little slow down there and the poker rooms were dead when he checked. Tonight he said the Venetian is very busy.

Now good old Big Sack needed about 1000 points to make Diamond for the year. Well....it cost him quite a bit to get there but he made it. In fact for a guy that was primarily playing BP on .10 Triple Play, he went through a lot of money. $1100 by his count and he also lost $300 playing poker on an avalanche of hands that didn't go his way. Big Sack is going to be in Vegas until his 8:00 am flight New Years morning. Good luck with that!!!! In a few days Big Sack will be joined by a female friend and we are also meeting two more friends there for the week.

I leave Monday morning bright and early for Great Falls with an expected Vegas arrival of around 1:30. Checking in to a Flamingo Go room for two nights and then I go DT to the Golden Gate for New Years Eve. I had originally had Flamingo for four nights but I quite enjoyed DT last year and we are doing a repeater. In addition, everyone is staying at the Golden Gate so when in Rome...... The fine people of CET have given me a little f$125 in free play and $125 in "use it or lose it" Reward Credits.

The only structured activity so far is dinner reservations for Monday night at Mesa as I saw the Bone In Chipotle Glazed Rib Eye and had to have it. Has anyone partaken of that specific menu item??? Please tell me it rocks! I am meeting our other friends, we shall call D&D for dinner. The way Big Sack is running he is gonna be eating off of the Ronnies $1 Value Menu for the rest of the trip.

So that's all for right this second. I will pack things up tomorrow night and I shall give you some updates as I get them from Big Sack.

Departure in less than.......whatever the Trip Timer says below!

I Like to Drink and Gamble
  2. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Test pic from a Gaggles Halloween! And NO IDEA who this patient, understanding gentleman was!!!!!

3. Reverb

Reverb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ribeye at Mesa grill is one of the best steaks I've ever had. You won't be disappointed.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be looking for ya at Flamingo....we check in today till Friday. Hope to witness some epic behavior to entertain us!! Have a great time!!!

5. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun

I've had the Bone in Ribeye at MESA and it is great. Well worth getting. I might have to get it myself next weekend.

I wish i could have made it for NYE and New Year in Vegas but being mid week and I said I was not going back anymore in 2014.

Take some crazy NYE pics for us.

6. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are packing for Vegas now. Early flight in the morning and we will be on the ground at 8:00AM.

The rib eye is great and would love to go back but we are planning Martoranos, NOBU and Giada's this trip. Maybe in February.

Have fun and good luck

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
  7. Vanessa24

Vanessa24 Tourist

Ribeye at Mesa Grill is hands down one of the best steaks we've ever had. Enjoy!

8. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses and a Rib Eye it shall be!!!!

Now how about Big Sack? He got crushed last night at NL poker and I was told his Waterloo was flopping trips and getting rivered by a flush. How did the hand play out and did he play it properly? We shall never know as I didn't get the sequence. But he does seem to have an inordinate amount of bad luck. I will reserve judgement on poor old Big Sack. He did lose $220 at limit poker the first night and mroe on his second session. His AK got by a guy who rivered trip 9's etc. but that can happen at 4/8 limit I suppose!

So without identifying bank rolls let's just say he's lost 95% of his prior to this update!!! He still has five nights to go!!!! I have no update since this morning and that was the one about the flush! His first 36 hours saw him dump $1100 on dimes!!! Oh lord. And now the weather forecast says snow for New Years Eve. I think his luck is tainting everything!!!

The good thing is Big Sack gets company tonight that may keep him away from gambling!

I did get confirmation from our friends D&D that his luck has been pretty bad.

In any event that is as much as I have for now. The Rib Eye is on. The departure is 13 hours away so it's time to pack my bag!

9. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On way to GTF. Now the ever elusive question? Will the plane be on time?[​IMG]

10. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck down there, Gaggles! May Allegiant be on your side!

(and show the locals how us Canucks can pound them!!)

Looking forward to your updates!

11. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe instead of "hookers and blow", change it to the Bubbles version --> Liquor and Whores!!! Go Trailer Park Boys!!!

12. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know Vegas isn't warm but I am leaving this so it can't be worse![​IMG]

13. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So just looked at gaggles flight at it appears it was only 25 minutes late, so for Allegiant Id say that's on time.

His flight should be on the ground at 1:43 Vegas time. I anticipate drunk updates by dinner time

14. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arrived! No Go Mini Suite available but I got a nice corner strip view. [​IMG]

15. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice contrast from my last pic!

16. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And away we go!!!! Free play in and Miller Lite cracked!r[​IMG]

17. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know it's not against VMB policy to post pics of quads and royals, right?

18. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well guys, the discipline of only playing quarters is making me sad but I'm on second beer and my $125 free play is now $138.75. Who's the big winner in Vegas after 35 minutes of gambling?!?!?[​IMG]

19. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should be playing $5 boner pussy

20. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm gonna have to drive over to rivers just to post a royal on your trip report

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.