1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

buffet creme brulee?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LolaDoggie, Dec 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if any of you have taken notice of such things. But, was there a buffet that struck you as having a large variety of creme brulee? If my creme brulee loving friend comes with me next year. I'd like to be able to make her happy with that.

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get crème brulee at most of the CET buffets each trip. Variety?? I didn't know there were different types....

3. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any variety of creme brûlée isn't creme brûlée. It has to be served based on the original recipe.

What I've had up and down the strip, particularly in the buffets, is just poor quality custard with burned sugar on top. Closest to the real thing was at Bernard's out at Lake Las Vegas. Since I've given up supporting CET years ago I've never eaten at the Eiffel Tower restaurant.

I base my highly opinionated opinion on my experience at several French restaurants in France and Belgium.

Good luck though. I keep trying spoonfuls at buffets and ordering my favorite dessert searching for something decent in the US but it is hard to find.

4. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They did a Baileys flavoured version at NFI. We were with a wedding party though, so it may not be on the regular menu.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.