1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Vegas Spa?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by letired, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. letired

letired Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Girlfriend wants to make a Spa visit on our next trip in March. I used the search function, but couldn't find any threads about the spas.

What's your favorite Spa in Vegas? What's the best value//what's the fanciest?

We'll be staying in Vdara, but would be willing to go anywhere around if it's great!

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the best one is the most convenient.

taking a taxi or walking a long way somewhere else to use the spa ruins it.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's it.

4. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to disagree having fell on my ass, changing in the bathroom at the Rio spa since it has no locker room facilities.
    Lockers and a nice shower area is must have.

Qua Spa is my top choice, or Spa at Encore is nice if you're willing to pay more. Canyon Ranch at Venetian is really nice, but wife reported some cleaning issues their back two years ago.

Depending on what treatments your planning on, could influence decision. I get a "poker face" facial and 60 massage whenever I go to Qua, and have never had bad service or experience. Plus as TR diamond
    they knock 20% off service fees.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are many past threads on here about spas. And I will repeat what I have said in all of them: Spa Aria is hands down the best. Its right next door to where you are staying, has a great assortment of treatments and services, and has the best amenities of any spa on the Strip.

I Need Spa
  6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's amazing if after all these years Rio still has a crap "spa." Wow. Eons since we've been there. Thank you, McHa$$ah'$.

Like the steak thread, wtf makes a "best" spa experience? Toilets? Skin treatments? Shiatsu? Soap? Pretty personal. But going elsewhere, as shifter aptly but succinctly says, kinda nukes the whole idea. Our favorite spas are Qua and Spa Aquae. But if we're at TI, we don't drive/taxi to Summerlin as we don't walk to Caesars and walk back. Just us.

8. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not into spas - but the Wifey is. She thinks Spa Mandalay is top notch due to its service, staff, cleanliness and vibe.

Bill

9. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:

I agree so I will book a room where I send the DW to the spa.

She liked QUA at Caesar's so I booked a room at Augustus that day so she could change and rest in the room but I still booked a wraparound at Cosmo so we had the room there.

I would recommend you check out the spa where you are staying or Book a room where you book the spa visit.

10. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the vast majority of spa enthusiasts would rate Qua, Canyon Ranch and Spa @ Aria among the best. "Best" is subjective, but if you are looking for the "best", you are looking for a premium category, top of class experience. Now best value or favorite would obviously differ, but "best" is best. Personally, I think Qua is the best in Vegas, but I could see Canyon Ranch getting the nod as well.

The best standard hotel room in Vegas is likely in the Aria, Mandarin, Wynncore, V/P. The best value can be argued, but you would be hard pressed to label the best value room at The STRAT as the "best" over the previously mentioned properties.

Where we run into problems isn't necessarily deciding which location/ property/ steakhouse is best, it is overanalyzing the question. Internet Top 10 lists suck, but there is a way to gain a consensus based on an educated majority.

VMB is certainly an educated group concerning all things Las Vegas, so we can get a basic idea of the best spas in Las Vegas.

Nick:beer:

11. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria is so close so no need to go nowhere else. I do think Encore's (not Wynn) spa is nicer but like others said making the trip over there takes away from the experience. I always go with my girl when i go to spa's and it's a plus that Aria has some coed areas even though im not super impressed by them. The outdoor pool would be better if it didnt overlook the dayclub with all that noise it comes with, but if you go early morning it wont be an issue.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  12. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Qua is great! I haven't been to many spas in Vegas, but I think Qua is a unique experience.There is a room where it snows, even though I was not in the mood of sitting in the cold, laying back and letting the snow fall on me, made me a little giddy! (But we don't get much snow in Atlanta, sore subject now, lol) It has been quite a few years since I have been there, but I remember something like a steam room that was eucalyptus-y. If your wife is just looking for the spa experience, and I can't speak for the services-massages, treatments, etc.- this is definitely a unique one! Also, she could consider eating lunch at Caesar's. I just brought a bag with me to shower and I was ready for the day! They provide the toilettries you need as well, like the others.

13. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only been to the spa at Aria because my research showed it definitely had the most coed areas. Since I went with Mr. K that was a must. It was great and I highly recommend it.

14. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife liked QUA better for the exact opposite reason ;)

15. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed!

My Choices for the Facilities only... Not Services

1. QUA
    2. ENCORE
    3. WYNN
    4. CANYON RANCH
    -or-
    Canyon Ranch / Wynn

16. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you'll be at Vdara, the spa there is decent (per my wife).

She prefers the Aria spa which is next door to Vdara. She also said Qua at CP was good and if your girlfriend goes there to try the fire and ice pool before her treatment/massage.

Annual Golf Trip
  17. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 for Qua as well.

18. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you play MyVegas Espa at Vdara has a deal, upgrade 50 minute service to an 80 minute service up to $65 off. I think that is a decent value as I booked it. I have not been to there yet so I cannot say whether it is nice or not. But since you are staying there, maybe that would be the way to go.

19. letired

letired Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for the replies! Facilities definitely matter more than treatments, and knowing where has the biggest co-ed areas is a great tip.

Looks like Aria is a front-runner for us, as it's so close to Vdara and we'd like to be able to hang out together.

20. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have not been to the Qua but really LOVE the SPA at MGM Grand......has all the facilities and more......we usually don't stay there but will travel the length of the strip to use their SPA........and I always tip the boy who checks you in and he always gets us a pass to use the pool facility later in the week. Wife loves their pool area with it's lazy river. That's a nice extra benny in itself.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.