1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo newbie looking for advice

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by TheCooler, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  2. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do have attached rooms, but it's unlikely you'll get that configuration by asking at check-in. I've found it almost impossible to even get connecting rooms for any configuration. Not sure if that is because all my stays have been weekends or because my group usually stays on comps. Don't get the two bedroom suite for your first time at Cosmo. The wraparound terrace is a fantastic room.

I'd say Cosmo is generally more generous with comps for being a high end property. However, Cosmo's marketing is very random. If you play the exact same every trip you will often end up with different offers after each trip. That play most likely isn't enough for a comp wraparound but should be close for a terrace studio. A couple years ago I was told a number, i don't remember now, that was less than $200 for 4hr for a studio comped.

3. TheCooler

I definitely am not counting on the wraparound getting picked up, but I was hoping for the additional room. Should I request the configuration I want at reservation?

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those types of rooms are usually reserved for players.

It's very hard to book them retail.

5. TheCooler

Wraparounds? I can book one on the site right now.

6. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To have any chance of getting it you must specify at reservation. I honestly have a hard time even getting the same floor often times. That may be because I prefer the east tower though with multiple rooms if I'm in a larger group.

7. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, the wraparound with a specific connecting room(2 queens in this case). I think most of them have a connecting terrace studio but dont know how many of the have 2 queens if any?

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In looking at the floor plans on Room77.com, all four of the Wraparounds in the East Tower, and the two Wraparounds on the east end of the West Tower say that all of the adjacent rooms are non-connecting One Bedroom kings.

On the west end of the West Tower, though, there's a room ("53") that looks like it's a Wraparound-and-a-half. The site has it labeled as a "City One Bedroom" with two queens, but the footprint is way too big. Just to compare, the room 46 in yellow that's adjacent to room 53 is labelled as a City Room Two Queen. I haven't stayed there yet, so I don't know what the scoop is on that room, I always assumed there were two Wraparounds on that end of the West Tower.

So you might want to ask about room 53 in the West Tower.

[​IMG]

Cosmo also has two bedroom suites with a king and two queens, but those don't have terraces.

9. TheCooler

That's very interesting. I did however have my heart set on the east tower. Perhaps I am going to have to rethink this, having the extra room adjacent to the wraparound isn't necessarily a must. It would be nice if it was on the same floor.

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boom, Wraparound in the East Tower with a connecting One Bedroom (not queens though).

This Wraparound is on the primo northeast corner of the East Tower. He goes into the One Bedroom suite at 5:10 in the video.

Room77.com is useful, but not 100% accurate.

[YOUTUBE]CHFmP0xmyYs[/YOUTUBE]

11. TheCooler

Very cool, thanks a lot. I am definitely hoping to get that corner!

12. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grandma at the Cosmo.....
    Interesting.

13. TheCooler

She's pretty hip man. I'm not saying she'll be going to Marquee, but she's no geezer. She hasn't been to Vegas since the 90's, so she's definitely going to be in for a surprise.

14. bluerider

bluerider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in a wraparound with connecting one king bed suite, and I believe it was in the east tower. We had requested a 2 queens room to connect to a wraparound and they said they didn't have any.

However, I've heard a few of the one bedrooms (not all) include a fold-out couch, so that option may be worth a look....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.