1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best bowler's pro shop in Vegas for women?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife is getting a bit frustrated trying to find new bowling shoes back here in the Milwaukee area. Milwaukee used to be the bowling capital of the world, but interest has died out. They even moved the headquarters of the ABC & WBC to another city.

Anyway, Vegas is a big bowling town and we were going to take the WAX from downtown to Suncoast to collect my freeplay and for her to look around the bowling pro shop.

Besides Sam's, any other good pro shops with a large selection of women's shoes? No rental car involved

The local Dick's Sporting Goods carries two pair for women.

And for what's worth...avoid Dexter shoes. Two night a week bowling and both the slide shoe and heels wore out.

2. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know there's a good full service pro shop at Gold Coast (next to Rio). I'd try there!

Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, my brother still raves about the service he got at Gold Coast.

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a bowling pro shop on the way to south point, called Coast to Coast bowling services. It is in a small strip mall right before south point. They normally have discounted shoes, I bought these etonic shoes that had a skull and crossbones on the side, the shoes cost only $30. If you go check out the place, make sure you have it scoped out on google street view as the place wasn't easy to find, I drove around and back and missed the place the first time.

Watch out though, lately many new (lower end) bowling shoes have rubberized heels, there really isn't a "heel" area like on normal shoes or regular bowling shoes. The whole sole from heel to toe is one flat piece. This caused me problems, the rubber heel would cause me to stop or get stuck when I shuffled to the foul line, I had to shift my weight more to my toe area (I like to kind of keep my weight on my heels though to stay balanced though). I ended up buying my friend's dexter SST's (he didn't like them) with the removable soles and heels. Was worth the price, I got them for $75 (normally closer to $150) and I never had a problem with getting stuck with them.

Most of the vegas alleys have pro shops, I like the one at Sam's town (got discounts on balls there also during tournaments). The one at Sam's town, Orleans and gold coast are run by K&K bowling supply. http://www.bowlinglasvegas.com/

I also remember Dicks might have some bowling shoes (located in Galleria mall in Henderson).

There was a Davis bowling supply (formerly Cal bowling supply) in Henderson that sold balls and shoes at a good price but it was taken over by Steve Cook (tall big pro bowler) months ago so not sure if it reopened yet.

5. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe...for everything bowling (minus the drilling) get it online!
    Bowlingball.com
    or bowling.com

They're the cheapest and have EVERYTHING.

and I agree on avoiding Dexter's...wife and I switched over to eTonics.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, but she wants to try them on.

7. Guardian

Guardian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got me some AMF's at Kmart 3 years ago, also bowl twice a week, still look like new.

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm like your wife, I have to try them on first to make sure they are comfortable and they fit well. But part of the reason is that I usually can find "discount" prices for stuff at the stores, don't find as many online.

Timspeed, FYI, etonics brand I think got sold to someone else (forgot who) but some other sports company. This company is dropping the etonic bowling shoe line, that's why they were discounting the etonic bowling shoes at coast 2 coast. This is what I heard about 6 months ago so if you want etonic bowling shoes you should pick them up before they disappear.

9. scolist

scolist Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lund shoes used to be the top of the line, but that was twenty years ago and maybe more. I don't remember what they had for ladies shoes though.

10. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I had a nice pair of maroon Linds in the late 80s but switched to Dexters in the early 90s when I competed more.

Annual Golf Trip
  11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lind's is still around but not at the top for bowling shoes anymore. I had a pair that lasted 10 years, it was very comfortable and I liked them because they came in wide sizes. Unfortunately the quality of the Lind's isn't the best anymore and they don't last very long (my opinion).

12. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Linds (special edition, purchased in '95) had to be re-soled on the plant foot three times before I gave up on them. On the second-to-last step, the part of the shoe that pushed off would always wear out.

In 2005 I bought a pair of Dexter SST-5s while at Nationals and have never considered replacing them. $0 repair cost... I've had to buy a handful of slide soles as they are a consumable, but I couldn't imagine a better shoe.

If soles or heals are a problem, the best answer is a top-flight shoe with soles and heels that can be removed and replaced with velcro. Can't beat that for adjustment.

Buying a "value" shoe, well, you get what you pay for.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  13. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The move of USBC to Arlington had nothing to do with Milwaukee, it was all the influence of the BPAA trying to lower their administration costs. It happened, but at the expense of almost the entire USBC Reserve Fund.

But I digress.

Have you come into Milwaukee for a couple of pro shops? I know both BowlersMart (inside AMF Bowlero) and Bowlers Pro Shop (near the airport) both have a significant supply of budget and premium shoes. Bill Monce (the manager of BowlersMart and the only Gold-level certified coach in the area) is a good friend of mine and will not only let her try on shoes, you can go out onto the lanes and try them.

Joe Cerar (owner of Bowlers Pro Shop) is also a good friend of mine. His is a stand-alone store, but he's also a former PBA guy as well as ball reviewer for Bowlers Journal, so he knows how important any equipment is to the game.

(PS, this was not an advertisement, just advice that I personally know people who would bend over backwards to help find a suitable bowling shoe.)

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.