1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo restaurants

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by shifter, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked an extra suite at Cosmo next trip to take advantage of a promo.

I figured while I'm over there playing some, I'll try some of their fare.

any restaurants worth a trip? the secret pizza isn't my thing.

I did try their sushi place a couple of years ago and it was good.

2. Emmersone

Emmersone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, yes and YES, at least in my opinion and I do consider myself a bit of a foodie. Jaleo is my favorite, great tapas and they do everything well. I have never had anything I didn't appreciate the quality and care of there. I do recommend the Estiatorio Milos but I have only been there for the Prix-Fix lunch special. Personally, I think it is a good value if you like mediterranean food. However, the up sale on some items does take the "value" out of it. If your not watching the budget, the up sale options are quite good. While I have not personally been, I have had friends tell me that ROSE. RABBIT. LIE. is great and I think we may go check it out when we arrive later this week. Also, the bar on the main level near the entrance does make a mean manhattan. Enjoy!!!!!

3. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeay the have a very solid restaurant lineup with a little of everything. Scarpetta (italian), Milos (greek), Jaleo (spanish tapas) also E for high rollers, Henry (breakfast), Holstein(burgers), STK (steaks) and China Poblano ( chinese and mexican) are all great.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Milo's lunch special is one of the bed deals on the strip. The onion rings at Holsteins are legit too...of the burgers are good as well. I recommend the Rising Sun Burger. At Rose.Rabbit.Lie the cookie jar is really good. If I remember I want to stop by rrl for that a couple of beverages.

5. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holsteins has great burgers and shakes. Stk had good steak but the place was loud.

6. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best steak I have ever eaten was at STK. prime has a better taste because of the house sauce but STK is good. Best Mac and cheese and best mashed potatoes I have had at STK. Worth the price and trip but it is more
    Hip and prob a little loud but I didn't notice

7. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

If e appeals to you, then definitely do it. If you're not into that sort of thing then pass, and go to Jaleo, it's fantastic. Just go there regardless. Or just get the gin and tonic at the bar.

Had a great meal at Scarpetta, admittedly the company may have made the food better than it really was, but the food was good.

I thought STK was overrated the one time I've been there.

Ditto what everyone says about the Milo's lunch deal.

Blue Ribbon and Comme Ça are next on my list.

--JB

8. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    STK is amazing, I go there everytime I am in Vegas whether I stay at the Cosmo or not!

9. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you got the time, I would recommend E by Jose Andres. It seems like one of the only Molecular food restaurants in Vegas. Its nice to get away from the heavy set French meals. No menu, set course. 200pp. Online reservation only, but I guess the host can sort that out.

Milos has a good lunch special, but once you tried it a few times it gets old.
    Blue Ribbon is their Japanese place which is pretty decent.
    STK is a good steak house ( I think SW and CUT are better)

10. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I highly suggest Jaleo. Initially I looked at the menu and thought it wasn't going to be my thing, it all looked odd. We went anyway, and it was fantastic. We were seated in the bar area which turned out to be a lot of fun, as others are relatively closely seated. Everyone would look at other plates coming out and ask what it was that others had ordered and they'd share their opinions. As a side, the sautéed cauliflower with dates and olives was my favorite. We had several dishes, can't remember them all, but the signature dish is the Paella - I've heard it is amazing~

11. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like The Henry & Holstein's as well. Holstein's gets really loud when it's busy though. They're both really affordable, great food. In addition to the booze-infused shakes @ Holstein's, I recall they also had a large beer selection.

As far as STK, just a head's up that there's a dress code.

I'm personally not the type that dresses up for work or for Vegas, so I appreciate that they posted this on their website.

12. phan

phan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with all of the recommendations in this thread. Scarpetta has the "best thing I've ever eaten" spaghetti (from the Food Network TV show by the same name). I also love STK and visit every time I am in Vegas. The made to order guacamole is delicious at China-Poblano!

13. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter, sounds like you're already aware of it, but Blue Ribbon sushi is excellent! Also, Milos is very good. I have only done the lunch, which is fantastic and an awesome price. I assume the dinner would be equally as good

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  14. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    e interests me, but I don't think I'll have time for that this trip.

I looked on their website and was already leaning towards Jaleo, so I think I'll give that a go.

or I might just do the sushi again, depends on how I'm feeling.

15. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I absolutely love Scarpetta... the spaghetti plate was featured on the Best Thing I Ever Ate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7BeGj38J4k Amazing... we had two plates while we were before our meal.

I eat China Poblano for lunch every time I'm in Vegas. The Salt Air Margarita is probably the best margarita I've ever had.

16. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    China Poblano is one of my favorite lunch spots in Vegas. And I wholeheartedly agree with the Salt Air Margarita being as good as it gets.

Ditto what everyone else has said about Milos. Comme Ça was good but not great.

17. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jaleo is good, but I found some dishes pretty salty. When I was there the Paella of the night was the one with chicken and rabbit, and it was really good, but get your order in when you get there, because they portion it out as it is made. Didn't really get any crispy bits from the bottom of the pan. Supposedly, the make the world's best Gin and Tonic, but drinking tonic water seems a waste of gin, to me. I was pleased with the cheese course at the end.

I enjoyed China Poblano, especially the taco with tendon and hot and sour soup. Didn't like the Marg.

I ate at Milos for the $20 lunch special, but it ended up about $100 heavier, partially because I ate a few oysters outside the offer at a reasonable (for Vegas) price, but also because the lunch offerings of wine by the glass are extortive. Next time I'll just get a bottle.

Blue Ribbon was great, ate Toshi's Special, the only off thing was the fried shrimp head, tasted good, just didn't go with the sushi. Oddly, they said I should come back for the fried chicken, so next time, fried chicken and oxtail fried rice.

Comme Ca was good too, just I found the appetizers were sometimes more substantive than the mains. Nice cocktails.

I liked hidden pizza as well, nice and greasy.

Bottom line, I think they have a really strong restaurant offering. Haven't had a bad meal there.

18. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regarding the dress code at stk - we went back in September and wore khakis with golf shirts and there were plenty of other folks dressed like us - great meal btw - all four of us loved it

19. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had great meals at China Poblano (love the margaritas and the tequila flights) and Comme Ca. The Sazerac at CC will blow your eyebrows off.

20. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I preferred Julina Serrano to Jaleo so I would not recommend. Comme Ca was excellent as was DOCG. The Henry is a great late night joint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.