1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bali Hai golf booked - Don't kill me Ken2V!!!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by dooner, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know how much Ken2V despises this course and its over-priced and over-hyped persona..... but let me explain.

First, I got a tee time at 7:20 am for $119. Seems reasonable.

Secondly, I intend to golf 36 holes that day, (have a rental car), and want to finish in a quick pace, so as to hit another course in the pm (golfnow booking??) Don't have to wake up too early to drive out somewhere (not Primm, though = suspect Winter conditioning plus I've golfed there about 5 times already - any other suggestions?)

Third, I'm sure Bali Hai is in good shape, and, I've never golfed here (plus a quick jaunt from Cosmopolitan).

Ken2V and I share Vegas golf favorites in all aspects, so.................

.................... please begin the carnage........................

2. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken2V is not your average golfer, so I while I like Ken's opinion on the nicer joints, Bali Hai is a perfectly acceptable place to hack around. I played there two years ago on a three course package with Royal Links for my annual golf trip. Outside of it being ungodly hot at 7am. 93F in July, it was a great time. Not to mention the views of Strip from various greens / fairways. We also booked the CaddyMates one of the days out for some fun.

3. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember reading your Trip Report - especially the part about being extremely hung over while golfing at Bali Hai - yikes, I understand how that is with the heat on you too!

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a fun day. Hope your swing is in the groove that day.

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    doon, at $119 most assuredly have at it!! You know I am about value in golf, which does not necessarily mean that big bucks for a course is stupid just as it means paying a lot less for crap just might be. That's why in my world view Durango Hills and Shadow Creek both massive applause.

Have fun!

(Played La Paloma yesterday and we're off to Arizona National in a bit and then Sewailo tomorrow.)

6. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

The only carnage I am going to lay on you has nothing to do with the price or quality of the course. Rather, my disdain is for the management group (I think was the Walters clan) of Bali Hai, who claim they need millions of dollars in fees/salaries to run the place. And, where does that money come from - taxpayer-supported McCarron Airport, who boneheadedly set up a lease in Walters' favor.
    I don't know if the airport has ever received any thing in the way of rent from these money grabbers.

7. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thus another reason why Desert Pines is no longer with the Walters Group. Their prices have dropped significantly since the split.

Less carnage than expected!!!

8. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was lucky enough to play Bali Hai for free last September with my wife. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would probably play it for 119 at that time.

It would kick off an awesome 36 hole day!

.....which could mean something completely different in Vegas.

9. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun and let us know what you thought! How'd you get that rate?

10. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks M_ILIS. I love solo golf - no time to think or mess around!

The rate was through Walters Golf - with an Online Rate for a Monday morning, 1st tee time (7:20am) and MLife discount all combined.

(I noticed a similar rate for Christmas Day - must be some kind of special).

11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The golf industry a while back followed the lead of hoteliers and airlines in trying to capture for itself as much of the discount market as possible. Many consumers automatically default to the often erroneous assumption that third-party discounter means the best deal. That often is the case, that often is not the case.

12. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always avoided BH because of cost along with location. Lack of a range is no plus either, but give me the right price and I can ignore negatives.

Ken is right about pricing. I get emails from Golfnow on a daily basis and sometimes check the rates. I've had an ongoing back problem, so checking is all I've done lately! Some are good deals and some are not. Even here in Seattle you might find a special on the course website that is better than a third party, possibly more often in LV. It's like booking a room or a car, check different sources. In this day and age it doesn't take long.

Good Luck!
    Ric at Joes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.