1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM buffet - Vegan - will it work?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by sammowhammo, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a question about the MGM buffet & I am hoping y'all can help-

We have myvegas passes to the MGM buffet -my daughter is a vegan - not a vegetarian- so will there be items she can eat on that buffet?

I know about the Wynn & we have at least one vegan specific meal per day planned out but I am just trying to figure out if we can use the myvegas passes - I would hate to waste them & get in the place only to find out there is nothing she will eat.

Thanks!

When we Were Young
  2. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your best bet is to call. And, the vegan fare at the Wynn is excellent. They have separate vegan menus at most restaurants. Even the steakhouse. You have to request to look at them.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    chances are very slim.

4. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay I was hesitant to call - I have tried that with other restaurants & they mix up vegan & vegetarian but I took your advise & they were so nice - the lady who answered the phone at the MGM buffet said that when we get there to let them know about the dietary restriction & a chef will come out & walk her through what she can eat & even make her up something if there isn't enough of a selection.

How nice is that? :) :thumbsup:

When we Were Young
  5. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a difference between vegan and vegetarians??? I thought both were miserable

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, but Vegans are sicker.

7. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aw - she's 21 she's sensitive about animals & actually doing a good job staying happy & healthy.

When we Were Young
  8. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was vegan for a while. It's a very tough lifestyle. Good for her for sticking to it.

9. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my wife is vegan, I don't consider her sick and miserable either

I can't speak to the buffets, but Vegas is actually one of the most accommodating cities in the country because all the restaurants aim to have options for everyone

10. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a vegan and even I'd avoid the MGM buffet ;)

I've eaten at about 1/3 of the buffet's on the strip and the MGM is the worst of the one's I've been too. Above it, in no particular order, are: Aria, Mirage, Planet Hollywood, Paris, Bellagio, Wynn, Bacchanal, Rio (off-strip).

best quality was the Wynn, had a small selection but everything was great.

11. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's free & we will be there for Ka (also free) so it will be okay. I doubt we will do another buffet, the quantity is wasted on both of us :rolleyes2:
    thanks for the heads-up

When we Were Young
  12. daniela

daniela Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been vegan for many many years and I'm happy and healthy thank you very much :)

I do find it hard to find lots of vegan options in Vegas to be honest. Compared to Los Angeles, Vegas is a very meat centered city. But I also found many restaurants being very accommodating to my diet restrictions and even if they don't have any vegan option on the menu, most places are happy to make something special for us :)

In the past few trips I've been going to lots of buffet because it's easier to find vegan options. Usually there is always a salad bar, there's always some grilled or steamed veggies selection, some buffet are better than others and have more choices for us but usually you can't go wrong with a buffet unless you go to a seafood buffet of course.

I went to the MGM buffet once for breakfast and I was very happy with their selection of vegan food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.