1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Linq High Roller tickets

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Shelbymae, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a good place online to purchase cheaper tickets for the Linq wheel?

2. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. cliffdog

cliffdog Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    has anyone been on the "open bar" High Roller? just curious if it was a truly open bar for 30 minutes or limited?

5. Toadi

Toadi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The info I received says @ 25 people in a pod with a bar, as opposed to 40 people without the bar. If the trip is 30 minutes, I have a hard time believing that you would get more than one drink; unless there are fewer people in your pod. Am just guessing and would love to hear from someone with experience. We are going in October.

6. Fruth

Fruth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to hear more about this, especially the open bar. Toadi, when do you go?

7. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been on the High Roller twice - once in the daytime and once at night. On the night run the pod behind mine had a bar cart rolled onto it along with about 15 passengers. The wheel was stopped for the loading and unloading of the bar cart.
    After the ride, I asked one of the bar pod passengers about the cart and he said it had all the usual well drinks on it along with a handful of beers and wine. I didn't think to ask if they were allowed to request specific things in advance. He said they drank as much as they wanted and tipped the bartender at the end.

Bill

8. springlakecake

springlakecake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there is a living social deal for this right now that includes the happy hour open bar if you go from 12-7. Sounds fun, is it worth it?

9. llestrange25

llestrange25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a deal on travelzoo, which we purchased for December

10. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm doing it a week from today and will be sure to post about the experience.

11. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would do it at least once, and would prefer it at night. I don't think the happy half hour. It's really not worth it, I'm a distance drinker not a marathon drinker.

12. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been twice now, sunset and at night. Night was way better, it's beautiful all lit up! I'm not a drinker, but I think the bar would be distracting... and it's going to take up a lot of the pod. I feel like you'd spend more time being focused on drinking than the view.

But, there are times during the ride where there isn't much to look at. Also my last ride was full of screaming children.. which wouldn't be on the bar pod haha.

I still stand by that it's a cool thing to do! Sure it's a little pricey, but come on, I'll blow $35 in 5 minutes on something else in Vegas haha.

13. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get yourself a high class adult beverage and head into any of the hotel elevators to the highest floor you are allowed.....walk down any of the hallways to the end and you will get a FREE view of Vegas.

14. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went up in September. We had bought the groupon that had a BOGO. I didn't even finish my drink...too busy looking at sights. So I wouldn't do the bar package especially because it isn't when it is dark and I would definitely recommend going when it is dark out.

15. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Purchased a groupon this morning for $55.20 out the door, using a promo code (details below). The regular groupon price was $69 and included "VIP ride package for two with flex passes or Happy Half Hour passes". I have no idea what "VIP" means...I assume it means nothing. I went to the Linq site and couldn't figure out what a "flex pass" was except that it appears you don't have to choose a specific time in advance. But you wouldn't be able to do that with a groupon voucher anyway. The voucher doesn't explain whether I have to redeem the voucher in advance, making a reservation for a later date and/or time, or whether the voucher is to be redeemed and the ride is to be taken right away.

In any case, we intend to do the happy half hour. I think $28 per person for a ride that includes a drink or two is a good deal.

Note: to get this price, use promo code "SALE" when checking out. Offer expires today, 11/13.

17. pikabu

pikabu Low roller, but always enjoy the ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just bought this Groupon; thanks for the heads up. Does anyone know if you can take the Groupon to the Linq and book in advance ? I hear that there are line ups for the wheel; is that true? Or do you just show up and probably get on pretty quickly?

18. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easiest/Cheapest way to get high roller tickets: Blackjack

At the Linq and Flamingo, several blackjack tables give you one free high roller ticket (no limitation on day/night) for a suited blackjack. Over the four days I was just there, my group of four earned a combined 12 of these bad boys. You have to use them yourself (your name is written on them by the pit boss and they do ID at the cashier), so we sadly had to lose 8 of them to waste. But we enjoyed our free night ride.

19. IHeartDancers

IHeartDancers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip! i'm guessing Blackjack pays 6:5 at those tables?

Aside from that, anyone know of any deals going on right now for High Roller tickets? All the other promos seem to have expired.

20. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Total Rewards credit card gives you 2 tickets to the High Roller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.