1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Over The Hill Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by SH0CK, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So this trip has been 39+ years in the making. I got the wild idea to get the gang together for this weekend to help me celebrate one of the milestone birthdays. As I type this, sipping on my vodka tonic in Delta first class as we are delayed in Detroit due to weather in Vegas, I thought I would get this started. It may not be completely live, it may not be wild, but whenever you can get a bunch of the old school T2V/VMBers together can't be a bad thing.

There are already 3 with boots on the ground while a couple of more are cooling their jets in Seattle waiting on the weather too. Several more tomorrow, with a handful on Friday, and we can never forget about our local friends :thumbsup:

Speaking of Friday, looking forward to meeting a lot of new folks at the Chandelier Bar at Cosmo during the board meet and toasting some new friendships.

Either way... let's gets this thing started. Giddy up!

2. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck and have fun!

Looking forward to putting the faces to the names on Friday - see you then!!!

BTW, can we assume the milestone is 40? If so, welcome to the club!

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to be missing this by a few days..........we need pictures!!

4. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Win big! Looking forward to following along

5. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just getting in after an uneventful flight, despite the fog. Already touched base with the others and headed to Cosmo to plead my case for an upgrade. And another bright side... the cabbie didn't try to long haul me! Woohoo!

6. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got checked in. Didn't even have to ask about an upgrade as the clerk asked me if I would be interested in a wraparound for $150 more per night for the first 2 nights... which was half what they quoted me on the phone when I booked.

I told her that I would and that I have one booked for Friday. She got on the phone and her boss, after I said it was my birthday this weekend, offered up the upgrade for $50 more per night. I'll take that any day of the week. Tipped her $20 because I think she helped a brother out.

Now, it may not be the best views, but I dig it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That must be a rare view to see Vegas covered in fog. Was even on our local news. Good luck, and have fun at the meet. Hope to see lots of pictures.

8. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was thinking the same thing, never seen fog in Vegas.

9. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Luck and Happy Birthday celebration. Cool view with the fog, but is there really a bad view in Vegas? Enjoy

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a GREAT trip Shock!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! A friend (lifetime Vegas resident) said for the first time he could remember, the fog obscured the top of the Stratosphere Tower!

11. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow that looks really cool, will be checking in at Cosmo in about 10 hours, hope they still have those $150 wrap around upgrades available!!!

12. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Met Snertalert and Sticky at the sports bar at the Mirage where we had a few drinks and won a little bit while we caught up since the last time. Then we headed off to the Pantry where Corey declared their chicken fried steak to be the best thing he ever tasted... which I'll have to admit was pretty tasty as I got one myself. The food was very good here and the service was very tolerable of 3 drunks laughing it up at one of their tables.

We hit the pai gow table after eating and had every intention of staying there until the sun came up. But, just like any time you combine lack of sleep with alcohol and a large meal, we started to crash then called it a night.

Not much gambling to report on day one. Broke even at pai gow and a bit down from slow playing the video poker at Mirage for drinks.

13. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That fog looks really cool!

14. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great time....getting so many of the originals together again! I miss those reports and pics from the old group....always sounded like great fun. Can't wait to hear all about it!! Good luck!!!

15. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quite an eerie sight there Scott. Hope the weather improves for you guys.

16. aggie182

aggie182 Off Key and Out of Tune

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to the rest of your report Scott! Hoping Vegas gives you some birthday cash as well!

17. Kickin

Kickin Flea

That fog over the strip looks awesome! If you didn't already have the terrace, it would have been a great night to go out for drinks at a place like Mix on the outdoor balcony.

18. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Keep us posted SHOCK and hey to Jimbucc.

19. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back at ya Andy. :wave:

20. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So Thursday was one of those gambling days where you just quote Cousin Eddie from Vegas Vacation. "The last time I saw a beating like that was when I put a banana in my pants and turned a bunch of monkeys loose."

Got a whopping 3 hours of sleep then started my day out watching them tear down the Harmon on the terrace while enjoying a hot chocolate. Too bad I didn't have the goodies to spike it...

Met up with Coaster Kikky, Coaster Hubby and Texas Aggie Girl for lunch at Earl of Sandwich then hit the Pai Gow tables at PHo. That wasn't a pretty site as I quickly busted out. Headed back to Cosmo who finished me off for gambling for the afternoon.

Met up with IllMarty along with Sticky, Snert, and Aggie Girl and dumped off some more at the PHo pai gow tables. Ugly...

We ended the night at Aria with more loses, but still had fun and several... several drinks.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.