1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rental car at Strip hotel

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by RPMCanes, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello all, anyone ever pick up a rental from one of the Strip hotels? I'm headed there in March and am thinking of renting a car for a day or two. Good/Bad experiences? Thanks.

2. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quite a bit pricier on the strip. I needed a car really for only one day out of four my last trip and looking around at everything from the rental sites to priceline etc. It was just as cheap to rent the car at the airport for the full four days once I factored in cab fares to and from the airport.

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a fantastic experience picking one up at Wynn (Hertz, I believe) this past March. The gal at the counter was great – hooked me up with a very nice free upgrade (from an Impala to the big Merc SUV – very much appreciated as we had four adult men in the car) and told me not to worry about refueling it since I was only driving to the speedway and back. And no pressure to buy any add-ons or extra insurance whatsoever. It was literally the most pleasant car renting experience I’ve ever had.

I can’t remember how much more expensive it was. It wasn’t a ridiculous amount - the convenience more than made up for it. Though, I also only had it for one day. I imagine that over the course of a week or so, the price difference would be pretty significant.

Also, the discount for staying at Wynn was far greater than any other discounts I could find online. So, if you go this route - call before you book online.

4. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've rented from Enterprise on Flamingo at Decateur. They have a 3 day weekend special that starts at $9.99. They will also pick you up on strip and bring you back if you arrange it ahead of time (but they won't go to the strip during the evening...too busy).

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did this in February, worked out well.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only Strip place I remember recently renting a car was the Hertz desk at Paris. We were sans vehicle that trip and needed a car for the day. They did not gouge us too badly, but it was more expensive than the typical airport rental.

7. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't pick one up on the Strip, but dropped off a car on the Strip. I rented the car in LAX and needed it there, but not in LV. I also used it to transport from LA to LV. As I was booked at Mirage, I dropped the car at Treasure Island Dollar drop off point. It was extremely convenient with the TI-Mirage tram.

The price was very attractive and they didn't charge one-way fee for that particular rental.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Off airport rentals are sometimes less expensive as they do not have all the airport tack on charges. But, at least in Vegas, it is more expensive. But, the convience factor is surely worth it. We have done it once or twice for a day trip, but can not remember the details.

Note - check not only your hotel, but the one next door or across the street.

9. GrannySmiff

GrannySmiff Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With hertz the price seems to be the same if I pick up from airport or from a hotel. Don't dare pick up from hotel as I want the chevy convertible and I don't think we will get our luggage in so strip is better.

10. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.