1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Stripper 101 - Planet Hollywood - detailed review

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by VegasChic-, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really hadn't seen any info on the board on this, so thought this may be helpful for some considering attending a session of Stripper 101 -

Background-

I had been to Vegas a dozen times or so in my 20's/early 30's but took a 9 year hiatus due to a young family. When the kiddo's were old enough for me to plan an occasional getaway, Vegas would be the go-to, with my sister, since "best hubby in the world" would be doing daddy duty at home. I'm now 41, my sister 45. As we set out to plan our first trip back, we decided we HAD to book a show each trip - a thin attempt to veil any gambling degeneracy to friends at home who would ask what we did while we were in Vegas. Well, we went to a show! Brilliant!

As we scoured the sites to see what shows were available during our trip, we stumbled across Stripper 101 at Planet Hollywood. Well, why go to Vegas and attend a show, when we can go to Vegas and be part of the show? As we read about would transpire, we saw it was popular with the bachelorette crowd, but gals of all ages were booking in as it was known to be a good time. The time would be spent teaching lap dance technique, followed by learning the stripper pole. Amused with ourselves, we decided to go with Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m. We figured the young bachelorettes would still be partying or recovering from the night before - the attendance (witnesses) may be lower for that time. Perfect - booked the Saturday at 10 a.m!

The event-

We head over to the box office Saturday morning to redeem our tickets. From there, we are directed towards a seating area and told that someone would soon collect us when everyone had arrived. To enter, you walk between the legs of a huge....like....30 foot tall neon cowgirl, to sit in a bar area. We're immediately given insurance disclaimers to sign, standard ones stating if we kill ourselves in our attempts, it's not their responsibility. Seems reasonable, we sign. We're the first ones there, and we're hoping for a small crowd. They open the bar, presumably for liquid courage, but we decline - it's 10 a.m, and we;re going to need our wits to get through this. We get a little excited as there isn't anyone at all yet showing up. But alas, just at the last minute, three young bachelorettes show up. We're thrilled with the small group and they begin to lead us to the event room.

After a small maze of hallways behind a main stage, we enter into a fairly small room. The back wall is covered in mirrors, the room is lined with half a dozen poles, and chairs are stacked against the walls. A small platform stage is at the front of the room, also with a pole. We all nervously walk in and just kind of take it all in. A side door opens and our instructor enters. She's shorter in stature, fuller in figure. As she walk towards us, she grabs the first pole she approaches and climbs that thing in a nanosecond. Once at the top, she starts flinging herself in loops, upside down, around, all eventually landing to the floor.

"Hi! My name is Angie - welcome to Stripper 101!"

Oh crap. What have we done?

She gives us a brief bio on her experience, then instructs us all to head to grab a chair, then place it so we are evenly spread apart, and can see ourselves in the mirror. As we do, she starts some music and shows up a little routine that we would learn over the course of the next 20 minutes. She leads us step by step through the routine, explaining with great detail what we're trying to accomplish and how it should look. She has us repeat these moves in small tid-bits, stopping the music, rewinding, and playing it again while we continue to repeat the moves.

"Um, I'm not sure what's going on there.....you need to keep your back straight when you are bending over in that part....otherwise it kinda looks like you are trying to take a poop!" She says.

Frozen in place, my eyes slowly turn to her - Angie was addressing one of the gals in the bachelorette party! Whew - although relieved it wasn't us getting called out for bad technique, I had to feel a wee bit bad for the girl who was!

She walks around, continuing to step us through the moves. She returns to the stage, bends over, and quickly starts slightly raising and lowering the back of her feet, resulting in almost a twerking that has everything jiggling.

"You see this ladies, all this stuff jiggling? Only women don't like the jiggle, men love it, this is a moneymaker girls, ya have to shake it!" Nervous giggles are heard through the room as we're encouraged to give it a go.

"Alright ladies, chairs away, we're going to work with the pole now!"

She again starts some music, and demonstrates a small routine she will be teaching us. Walking around the pole, back to the pole, all eventually leading to a full body multiple twirl ending gracefully on your feet. Feeling a wee bit more confident that the other gals in the room are as inexperienced as we are, sis and I give each other the side glance, nodding....telepathically sending the message "ok, we can do this!"

The big part of this portion was learning the full body multi spin. She simply walks up to the pole, shows us what hand places where when, catch thigh to pole and spin. Got it. She gives us some time to work on it.

My first attempt, I do it simply as she had done, but mine resulted in barely a half rotation and a haphazard puddle of a descent. I quickly realize that my chosen hobby of hitting the spin button on the slot machine may NOT have leant to the upper body strength required for this task. Determined, I step back to re-access the situation. Momentum.....I just need momentum. I take several steps back from the pole. Step, Step, step, launch, left hand, right elbow catch, right thigh hook.....Bam! A rotation and a half, all gracefully landing on my feet! HA! I repeat the process....STEP, STEP, STEP LAUNCH - elbow, thigh hook....wahooo....a good full two rotations! Smiling to myself, I become more confident, and continue to work on launching myself to successful multi rotations.

Thrilled with our new found skill set, Angie tells us for the last 5 minutes of the class to grab our phones and we're welcome to video our new routines. Sis and I take turns to capture all that we had learned. Later we planned to send it to the hubbies, a tease of what would be coming home to them. Angie hands us all out official stripper 101 diploma cards for our graduating moment, and the class is done. Leaving the room, sis and I talk about how much fun it was, plus, we got our exercise! We consider the idea that maybe every trip we should re-do the class, allowing us to improve our technique. Thrilled with our success, we high five our victory.

We exit the building to find it's pouring outside. Like, torrential downpour. It was November, and they were getting pretty much half a years rain.....all in just a few hours. We trudge our way down the strip, stopping for a bit to eat and playing for a bit. We decide to make it back to our hotel to freshen up. As we set back down the strip, we approach the first intersection. The rain had shut down all the escalators. No problem, we'll walk up like everyone else. Now several hours since the class, we get about half way up when the legs are feeling heavy....by 2/3's of the way up, they are heavy as lead. People trying to scurry in a rush past us, irritated with our slow ascent, them trying to get out of the rain, we finally stop. Part way up the stopped escalator. Laughing at ourselves, we just start waving people around us "just go around, just press past". We're getting soaked, but the days activities had caused so much muscle fatigue we were dying trying to climb the stairs. We can't stop laughing, no words need to be exchanged between us - we know why we're sore. We approach the next intersection. The escalator is again turned off.

"I don't care how long we have to wait, we're taking the elevator!" proclaims sis. I don't protest.

Soaked and now kinda sore, we make it back to the room for a rest. We quickly pull out our cell phones to send the hubbies the videos. We review them. Hmmmm, not quite what I was thinking here......um, maybe we should wait to take video once we've had a couple more classes? Delete. DELETE!!!

We press out again for the evening, eventually the body working all the kinks out. Yay, okay, we're not so bad here - just a couple hours and we worked it through. Ha, we can keep up with those 20 year old bachelorettes! We tuck into our comfy bed for our last night in Vegas.

The next morning, as I'm preparing to shower, something in the mirror catches my eye. I peer down to the inside of my thigh.....a bruise.....the size of my HAND! At the exact spot the launch met the pole. Hahahahaha. Guess that launching technique wasn't perhaps the best way to get those rotations I was looking for. At this point, I simply can't deny it anymore.....

Stripper pole - 1 VegasChic & Sis - 0

Defeat.

In all honesty, the class was a hoot, and I highly recommend it for any age as you really can modify the moves to reflect your ability. Would WE do it again?
    Absolutely - BUT - understanding our abilities, rather than another Stripper 101 class - the moment we come across a Stripper 103B remedial version - WE'RE IN!!!!!!

2. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so funny

love it

you and your sis is a hoot

too bad I leave before you get to Vegas.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  3. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hahahhaa. AWESOME review!!!

4. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it. Highly recommend you send the wives on one of your trips sometime- just suggest you plan it towards the end of your stay so she doesn't hobble through Vegas with the possibility of a couple aches and pains. Even so, well worth it - haha.

5. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hahaha, I'm sending the wife next summer, love it

6. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    quick question,
    you guys did this in running shoes or something comfortable, not heels right?

8. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We actually wore "yoga type spandex tank & shorts" for clothing and although we brought heels, we actually did it in bare feet. At least while we practiced. We had the shoes for the video portion at the end! I think it's best to have some kind of fabric on the thighs as bare skin doesn't twirl as easily around the pole. Not only would I be bruised, I'd likely have some form of pole- burn.

9. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah the bruise doesn't sound good and she's both competitive and bruises easily
    to this day she's the only person I've met that cut herself on a Hershey's chocolate bar and drew blood, LOL (true story!)

10. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the perfect storm for this adventure!

Be sure and post a review following....curious if our experience was unique, or relatively standard!

You just may want to book the spa for her after~

11. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to see the video....

12. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great review, very well written! Thanks for posting this!

13. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, I can say no, you don't. And somewhat sadly, it doesn't exist any longer. It was too bad we deleted it before the bruising came up. In hindsight, it's fricking hilarious.

However, I can say with certainty now, should we ever be in town for one of your get togethers, we're best left on the invited guest list, rather than invited entertainment, for the comfort and safety of everyone involved.

Knowing your group likes to partake in such said activities from time to time, I'd like to suggest on a future trip to have Hunter arrange to secure closing down one of the show times for you and the boys. I think it would be a hoot for you all to experience life from the other side of the pole. I will personally offer to be videographer for said event. Now THAT would make for an awesome trip report!

14. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Royal Flusher, coming from you, it's a compliment indeed!

15. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like fun! I'm a guy, but I wouldn't mind trying it if they bring it back. And it would also give all the women a good laugh (at me, not with me).

16. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes you and your sis have an open invitation.
    But I don't know about this idea..."pole-burn" just sounds so wrong. [emoji15]

17. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks PT. I hear you on the pole burn. Other than this attempt, it really may be best just to leave it to the professionals!

18. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your entertaining and detailed review :). The class sounds like great fun!

19. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aces....it is still ongoing - but I do think it's only open to the ladies. It's too bad as I think it would be awesome to have an occasional guys class to give it a twirl. Honestly, my sister and I are very tame..... anybody would find it fun, kinda like back in the childhood days at the playground and sliding down the fireman's pole. Who can say that wasn't fun? In this instance however, we just got our butts kicked by the pole.....

20. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Kelly, I hope you give it a try on an upcoming trip - it really was fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.