1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Resort fees on comped rooms at Luxor?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by PokrPlyr, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokrPlyr

PokrPlyr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apologies if this has been answered before...I haven't been frequenting the boards much lately.

So, I am booked at the Luxor for next month...does anyone know if they charge the resort fee on comped rooms, or is it waived? Or does it depend on your mLife status/tier? I'm just a lowly sapphire member, if that makes any difference.

Thanks! :beer:

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Resort fees are charged even on comp rooms. Status or tier doesn't matter but it's one of the easiest things to get knocked off your bill if you do some gambling.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you gamble, go to the Mlife desk before you check out and ask what they can do for you. I only lost a couple hundred at Aria and they knocked it off for me. BUT if you don't ask, they won't do it. I'd just say I was wondering if you can take anything off my bill?

Just a theory, if you take the time to go up and ask, I would guess they will help you out.

4. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do charge the Resort Fee.

I just called to get prices for a trip I am planning, and they told me that even my comped nights would have the resort fee charged

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Monte Carlo my they one day couldn't have been $20 as it as a night I wasn't expecting to stay since my flight was canceled and I don't care if I low play mlife. A couple of hour of $15 BJ and maybe an hour of craps got the resort fee comped. I wasn't staying on an offer though as I booked the room about 30 minutes before I checked in. I've seen people post here play more and come up empty.

6. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it must differ depending which MLife hotel you are staying at. Just last month my Belllagio comped room had no resort fee charged. No host was involved. Did not book through a host.

7. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've never paid a resort fee at the Luxor but we are there to gamble so have always had them comped off the back end. As others have said when you are leaving go to the M Life desk and see if they can help with any charges and what they can do they will :)

8. joanieva

joanieva Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to the two reps that I checked with it depends on the level of offer it is. The offer for Luxor actually stated in the fine print the fees would be
    waived (3nt/100FP/50RC). Same level offer with Mirage (3nt/100FP/50RC).the verbage said the fees "may be applied"; I called to confirm they would be waived.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:

I need to retrack my previous statement.

I just called and booked a comped room at Luxor and they waived the resort fee...without me even asking. Different person both times I called, gave the exact same information, same offer code, and everything.

So I guess my new answer to the OPs questions is...it all depends on who answers the phone when you call to book.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And depends on who checks you out. More than once I have had to sign that I UNDERSTOOD the resort fee. Never had to pay it, but was threatened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.