1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ever in Vegas and wish you could stay longer?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well...did you? :wink2:

2. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 days and 3 nights of only drinking and gambling and we had our fill.
    Always looking forward to the next trip but not really looking to make it longer.

3. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every single time...

Once, our flight was canceled and we had the choice to take an earlier one or one the next day. We had just had a note slipped under the door that morning that stated we could extend our trip at the same rate we had booked. I thought it was a no-brainer, but my wife felt differently so we had to rush to get our stuff packed and get to the airport: thumbsdown:

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes and no.. most of the time I'm ready to go. Vegas sure takes a beating on you and your wallet! I rarely want to be there more than 3 nights.

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've had the latitude, ability and inclination to both extend and shorten trips at times.

6. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, my 3 day trips have turned in to 2 day and 7 day trips depending on circumstances...very typical to extend for 1 day :)

7. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well, yes... but not exactly by choice....

was playing BJ a few hours before my flight and got into a roll... tried to time it to quit and still have time
    for the flight, but got there about 5 minutes late...no other flights home that day..
    went back to hotel and asked for a room...they said , you just checked out..LOL..
    got the room even on a saturday evening.....crapped out a couple hours and the phone rings.... where the F are you?
    wife was not happy....told her the story...she thought i was hooked up...but,alas,no..
    since she woke me, grabbed my bag and back to the tables...ended up a couple more k ahead...
    gotta love vegas

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never. Ever.

I love my Vegas trips. And upon waking the morning of my departure, I am often a bit bummed that my temporary escape from reality is over. But you can be damn sure I'm never going to miss that flight home!

When I've lost, I just want to get the f*** outta Dodge. When I've won, I feel a bit like a thief who needs to make a quick get away. Either way, my head, stomach and liver are are waving the white flag.

Plus, after three or four days of not having my cat wake me up exactly 20 minutes before the alarm goes off, I start to get a little discombobulated. :rolleyes2:

(Though, as I've mentioned before, the two times I've spent an extra day in Vegas against my wishes have been two of the most fun days I've ever had in Vegas...go figure. :eek:)

9. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time I go!

10. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ever?, LOL

you mispelt Every

11. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once. As a young'un, like maybe 25. 3 friends and I were in a free room at Flamingo and broke as hell. I had won $250 on a slot machine with my last discretionary dollar on day 1 but spent it on restaurants and more slot machines. On day 2, our departure day, one of my friends and I decided we didn't want to leave. We had no money but wanted to just hang out and people-watch for another day. Friend 3, the holder of the free room and a real wet blanket, said no because she had to work the next day, even though she could have easily gotten another day and just left us there. She didn't trust us not to trash the room. A fourth friend was coincidentally in Vegas at the same time and was also due to leave that day. The three of us got a room at Tropicana for something like $19. All they had left was a King so I slept on two armchairs pulled together. Since then I never go for less than two nights.

Nowadays, I always start planning a 3-night trip and somehow it always makes more financial sense to go for four...

12. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, actually yesterday before leaving the wynn :cry:

13. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everytime so far. My longest trip was 8 days and I still didn't want to go home. Maybe because I have yet to experience a total bankroll loss. That would make me want to go home, I guess.

14. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've found a sweet spot thus far with 5 nights. I'm usually starting to fade towards the end but with a day or two rest I'm back in the saddle. I get anxious at the end of the trip about all of the stuff that I know that's built up at work. And I know it has as I've almost always had to take at least one conference call while in Vegas. But don't worry, I bill at a premium rate for that. Haha

15. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed for 14 nights both times I've been to Vegas and will continue to do so. I don't really feel like staying any longer but once I get back home I feel the urge to go back. :)

16. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My typical trip is 15 nights and by then I'm ready to go but as soon as it's wheels up I miss it already. Something about the place.

In 2007 I was there for a convention, booked only six nights. Woke up on the third day feeling like crap, very bad cough. Had to excuse myself of my duties. Went to the Doc in a Box place behind Paris and when the Doctor took a look at my chest x-Ray he said either I had lung cancer or the worst pneumonia he had ever seen! I was the latter fortunately.

Too sick to travel I booked a condo out at Lake Las Vegas to recover, figuring it was quieter and less smoky. True on both counts. Saw the Red Sox win the Series! Total time of the trip was 32 days before I was cleared to go home. Yes, damn near died.

I have said screw it about a dozen times and stayed for as much as a week longer just because I can.

Returning 11/29 for nine nights this time. Good luck to all!

17. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my early days of going to Las Vegas, I always hated having to leave. Now, by the time I get to my last day, I am more than ready to go home.
    For me Vegas does not have the allure that it once did.

18. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only every time we go there. The shortest stay we ever had was 7 nights, the longest was 12. Planning to go to Vegas for a month somewhere during the next couple of years.

19. MichaelH

MichaelH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time I'm there i figure that i missed out plenty of things i wanted to do...
    But since the missing of an international flight would end up with way to high costs i go home on-time...

20. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DUH!! Of course....lol. We go for 5-6 nites each trip and always want to stay a day or 2 longer. We are true addicts!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.