1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A bed needs 11-12 pillows?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So it's House Slave Day here -- thankfully there's a soiree at Ampelos Winery tonight as a payoff. I just finished the second guest room. There are 11 pillows on that bed, maybe 12. I don't know, could be a guy thing, but I'm thinking that's just a bit of overkill, no?

2. Molder66

Molder66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to go count, and she only has 10 counting the one little decorative one.
    Thanks for the laugh and a new one to rib her about.

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been allowed to have that many pillows on beds in forever. That was not a hill on which I wanted to die. Our bedroom has no decorative pillows. One guest room has 3 and the other has 4, I think. Living room couch has 6. But 2 don't really belong there, I need to find them a new home...

(the bigger argument was the number of bottles I'm allowed in the shower ;-) He counted the number in my shower when we were dating - and when we got engaged, he said "we need to talk...")

4. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maximum of one pillow per occupant plus one extra. It should be legislated. Bottles in the shower- no limit if they stay put.

5. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    9 pillows on bed.
    1 bottle in shower.
    Several bottles at bathtub.

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell no- I need 3 pillows for sleeping! I have to say, hoyahubby adapted pretty quickly to sleeping with multiple pillows- he just won't approve of decorative items as easily.

7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You sound just like my husband who doesn't actually help clean but if he gets to bed before me consistently utters the "why do we have to have all these damn pillows" mantra. He does seem to enjoy our home being nicely decorated though. You can't have it both ways buddy :)

8. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No such pillows here.

9. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Nicely decorated" is highly subjective.

My wife has been on a quest for the perfect pillow ever since I have known her. She's not that fussy, either, because she thinks I'm the perfect man, and that's WAY off. I'll tell her to ask Hoyaheel about the three-pillow method if they ever meet. Could be a revelation.

10. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell our couch has 7 pillows not counting the normal couch cushions. Gotta throw at least of the 5 pillows on the floor just to sit down and watch a ballgame, then I hear about it. In this situation I use the function first argument. The primary function of the couch is to comfortably hold my ass, it's primary function is not to hold the pillows while I sit uncomfortably or stand. Therefore the pillows hit the floor. People before pillows!

11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terri didn't marry a Neanderthal. ;)

12. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I half lied, but, not on purpose. I have cushions. I use what I call "pitootie cushions" for sitting. Then a little cushion they get you to sit up and walk around hugging after surgery. I also have a sitting up in bed pillow. One of those U shaped pillows which actually works. Then a smaller pillow for between and/or under my knees, which also helps. And one of those body pillows across the top of the bed which elevates my upper body without being uncomfortable and Jack my cat with commitment issues sleeps on it next to me. No decorative pillows though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.