1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

HELP: Caesars called and changed my reservation <48 hours in advance.

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by symbols, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just came home from work to a voicemail from Caesars telling me that my reservation for this weekend cannot be honored as booked. They went on to tell me my reservation was changed me to a different tower and bed type. My email confirmation from several weeks ago shows:

Room Type: LUXURY QQ N/S OCTAVIUS

but when I login to the total rewards website to check the reservation now it is:

Room Type: Palace Tower Deluxe King Room

I really want the 1) Octavius Tower, 2) a Laurel Collection luxury room, and 3) two queen beds that I reserved a month ago and have been looking forward to. I also have a car rented for the weekend and was looking forward to the separate entrance which the phone agent talked up when I booked the room.

The room is comped and was booked over the phone, not through a host. I am in town for Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon and have a guest with me. We will be participating in the weekends events and won't be at the tables earning enough to warrant a back end comp for a suite. So I don't want to reach out to a host.

Can any VMBers offer some advice on what to do about this situation please?

2. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see that there is much you can do if it was a comp.. if someone wanted to pay a premium for your room, they would probably rather have them pay.

I don't see why you can't call and demand a queen room, at least... if you are being comped an Octavius room, you must be a fairly High Roller. They probably don't want to totally piss you off.

3. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Figured there isn't much. Was just hoping to make something out of an unfortunate situation. Maybe checkin as late as possible to see if the room opens up?

In the mean time I considered calling Cosmo since they let you pay extra to be put in a specific room when using a comp. Instead, I decided Delano might be a better choice. I've wanted to check it out since the remodel. The race starts very close Delano so the location is perfect.

Anyways, I called them up and booked a comp for a two queen suite with a very generous resort credit. Resort credit will come in handy since drinking my meals at the tables before a marathon isn't such a good idea.

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So the problem at CET goes beyond their enormous debt.....wow....I could understand a call back within 48 hours of making your reservation that there was a problem with the room requested / granted; but 48 hours from arrival? No a good public relations projection for a company in trouble.......

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems very strange they moved you. I would say a large group took the rooms or something, but that is a large tower. If I were to still stay at Caesars, I would called back and tried to get the original room, or Augustus tower. Usually they "stiff" you at checkin. You got a chance to actually go somewhere else this way.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So Caesar's called a couple days in advance to let the customer know the "free" room they'd previously reserved was being switched to another "free" room in the hotel (most likely in favor of a paying customer), though not in any way a comparable room. The customer already states they're working off a previous comp and won't be playing to their previous levels. So the customer, as is their right, leaves the property for another. I really don't see this as "bad PR"... notifying them upon check-in would be "bad PR" IMHO. Business is business.

7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comped rooms are run of the house so they could have stuck the OP in a Roman Tower room at check in and been in the clear. It's a good trend on their part that they are doing notifications as most hotels don't at this point.

Symbols, I would call reservations or the hotel directly. I don't know if you can talk your way into a Laurel Collection room but they may be able to at least shake out a double queen for you. I personally like the Palace Tower so I don't see it as a huge downgrade but if you need two beds, that should be the focus.

8. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I have to go with it was nice to get prior notification at all. I stayed at the Rio a few weeks ago, was told I was downgraded when I got there.

I would agree with at least trying to hold them to a 2 queen room.

9. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to argue but seeking clarification; why offer any specific room if a comp room is a "run of the house" room upon arrival? It might be more fun to know you are going to at least get a lesser room at arrival and be surprised that a better room is available. I guess if I stayed at more desirable places something like this could happen to me. But I don't stay in the room long enough to make it matter much.

We just disagree. No problem.

10. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not be happy if this happened to me. I would definitely call.

11. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's just some are CET haters and as far as they are concerned, DT or MGM has never done something like this before and I'm sure there are CET lovers that will say the same of DT or MGM. If that happened to me the only thing would be the beds. I'd call and work on something about the beds.

12. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a host and are coded to one, he gets credit for you regardless of whether you booked it yourself or your host. I would reach out to your host to rectify.

13. Vanessa24

Vanessa24 Tourist

We had a Forum Tower comp a couple years ago and was downgraded to the what was likely the crappiest room in the Roman Tower when we checked in since it was late and the hotel was 'sold out'. We were told that comped rooms aren't guaranteed when it comes to tower. There wasn't much we could do but that was right at the desk when we arrived. Hope you have better luck!

14. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dunno depends on the wording in the confirmation but I would be upset if it happened to me. I would at least call them. I know it is a free room, but I view a confirmation as a promise, unless it is worded that you can be moved.

If you were to no show I bet they would follow the letter of the law and charge you base what the confirmation said.

15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are not high rollers by any means and we got an Octavius (I think it was Octavius, front-most of the two newer hoity-toity towers) room comp by the luck of the draw. This was 2 (maybe 3?) years ago, week before Christmas, which was then still slow. We had two reservations in each of our names, back to back, more or less a ROTH room, and were talking to the desk about being able to not check out and check back in. She called over the supervisor and they futzed around on the computer for a while finding a room that would work. Bingo! {blow on fingernails, wipe on blouse} Octavius!

It was extremely nice! Didn't even know about the "secret" valet park and entrance.

16. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To get your booking :)

17. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    '
    I doubt Caesars hired a psychic and sensed that he was going to low play them. It certainly looks bad when reading about OPs situation but you're right, that's business.

18. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    comped rooms are always subject to availability and often change.

sorry.

19. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep touché... that's not how I meant it, but it does read that way

20. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if you have your heart set. For CP but maybe they can hook you up with a better or at least comprable room at a sister prop like Paris or PH. They should be able to swing that for you I would think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.