1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gave Bellagio a shot and they blew it

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by VDMTom, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First day disaster..

First thing first, my limo reservation was 25 mins late to pick us up at the airport. I would assume if they're running late, SOMEONE from Limo services would give me a call, but instead, no phone call, nothing. I was left to call my host myself, who reassured me that he put in the reservation on time and that a limo should be on it's way to me immediately.

Secondly, The front desk that checked me in was pretty bored of her job or had a bad day. I requested via my host that I needed two king bed rooms that are connecting. I tried small-talking with her to see how her day was, she simply was being rude and answered with one worded responses. I felt very un-welcomed considering, she saw a host had booked my stay. She acknowledged that it shouldn't be an issue as she will arrange for two rooms connecting, but when she presented the cards, she stated they are connecting, but the numbers were not next to each other. So she saw her mistake and took back the cards and kind of huff and puff about it. She spent another 4 minutes trying to find a room, she said none are available. So I had the impression I had to take what was given. I thought, ah, whatever, it's ok to not be not connecting I guess. BUT..to make this whole situation worse, when I went up to the rooms and realized I opened the doors to see I had 1 queen room and 1 king room that are not even connecting. Definitely not what I requested and not what my host put in. I called my host via my cell and he quickly went to search for two king rooms immediately. He stated to stay put and and I'll have a call to go to the new rooms "shortly". I waited 30 mins and then found out shortly at Bellagio meant 3 hours. So I left to to the convention center and had to come back to get my new keys and all that mess. I am very disappointed with how Bellagio handled the situation.

Even if someone from the hotel were to give me a call on my cell to see what else I may need, instead of just leaving me hanging to figure everything out on my own. I would've been happy. I believe I was pretty patient, I gave Bellagio a shot to fix each mess up to no situation in the end. No apology, nothing.

Then on top of that, the dealers at the tables made me not want to play as they pretty much treated me like I played $15 minimum and was rowdy when I was playing $200-500 per hand without even having a drink in my hand.
    Guess I'll be going back to Aria or Planet Hollywood as the service in general is better at those places.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of bad comments on Bellagio lately (mine included). It's really disappointing because its still a very attractive resort. Take your business elsewhere

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good riddance.

4. hornhiyo

hornhiyo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure you've earned your host and the related rewards, but if these things are what you consider a disaster, you've got a pretty good life. I doubt you'll find many Vegas visitors who haven't waited an hour for a taxi, received a room quality less than they'd hoped for and had a dealer who was less than to their liking. I'd suggest perspective and a positive outlook. You're in Vegas, enjoy it.

5. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Love, love, love what you shared.

6. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And he did. I read his trip report. But I don't think he is being over-reactive to his dilemma.

7. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I definitely still enjoyed my time in Vegas. I took a gamble and hope I would like Bellagio, but I didn't so I just wanted to share the latest experience on here if people were looking to stay to let them know what to expect.

8. opusxo

opusxo Newbie

"My limo was late."

#richpeoplesproblems

9. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think that was the complaint. The issue was that the driver did not call him and give the OP a heads up that the car was running late

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  10. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think all of us know the feeling of finally landing in Vegas and how excited and "amped up" you are and having to wait for a pre-arranged service is something to be upset about in my opinion,

11. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If one is heading back home, not too much of an irritation. Arriving? BIG IRRITATION. It's not a rich people's problem. Everyday people save and sacrifice to enjoy a vacation perk, something they don't indulge in everyday.

12. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to the OP for the info, the Bellagio is somewhere I have often thought about staying, but this is,nt the 1st bad report I,ve seen or heard. The days when the B was THE place to be are long gone and several properties are biting into their cherry, about time they got off their laurels and started taking care of the people once again.

13. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio is my favorite place to gamble.

That being said, their dealers are very hit and miss.

Some of them are just AWFUL.

Some of them are great.

14. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to enjoy gambling at Bellagio, but I've found that the dealers have gotten progressively worse over the years, to the point where I consider myself lucky if I find an okay one. I think the problem with Bellagio is that it's almost become a lot like MGM -- they take care of their very high rollers reasonably well (e.g., the Skylofts/Mansion crowd), but it attracts such massive crowds of tourists that the common areas are just a disaster. Plus in the main pit, the craps tables are often way overcrowded with belligerent drunks, while for blackjack, the $15-25 tables are too packed to get a seat, and the $50+ tables are empty and dead. The physical plant is among the best in Vegas, but the staff and the crowds keep getting worse.

15. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the OP was sharing a negative experience at supposedly one of the top resorts on the Strip.
    Part of this board is to share experiences in Vegas both positive and negative
    I stopped staying at Bellagio several years ago for similar reasons..
    .A lecture on life's perspectives seems a little much.

16. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with the OP on this one.
    He has many options to stay in Vegas where he will get better service.
    I, for one, will avoid the Bellagio based on his report among others.

17. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i've only stayed at the Bellagio once over 14 years ago. I have not stayed there since. I only did it so I could get tickets to O. This was when Steve Wynn owned it. I would rater go to the Wynn or Aria or Cosmopolitan then Stay at the Bellagio.

I agree with OP anytime a dealer is rude. Color up and leave. Tell the pit manager and host. Then go some place that has their act together and treat you with respect.

This is not rich people problems. (LImo late) Time is money and peoples time should not be wasted. Now Life, traffic and mistakes happen so the OP did give the Bellagio to fix it and they clearly did not.

18. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed, the OP is critiquing what was supposed to be a seamless arrival process as a comped guest at a luxury resort. Most such hotels can manage the process very well, unfortunately the hotel in question does not value their "run of the mill" VIPs very highly anymore and it is starting to show.

This is valuable info and does not warrant a snarky remark. I'm very, very tired of it being OK on this board for the value crowd to ridicule the luxury crowd but not the other way around.

19. hornhiyo

hornhiyo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yet with you having no clue what kind of player I am or how I'm rated, you've lumped me in with the "value" crowd and are throwing the word ridicule around.

I understand the OP's point completely. I've dealt with some of the same on occasion. I would not refer to any of the above as a disaster or in your case consider it ridicule.

My additional point, maybe missed by the occasional drama queen, was to all that are in Vegas. You're in Vegas!!!! Have fun, it could be worse, your negative experiences could be happening in Des Moines.

20. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm saddened I missed the prime days.

That's the thing, I'm a nice person, I sat there and still played my usual for another 15-20 minutes, it was like as if I really wanted it to work. Yes, I do not consider limo issues a rich person's issue. Only reason I requested for the limo this time was basically that, instead of waiting in line at the airport or convention center, I would rather play at the tables. BTW, they were late to pick us up at the convention center and the limo driver apologized and said it was because of the traffic, I had absolutely no issue with that, although they came 40 minutes after the estimated pick up time that day, still I wasn't mad because they had reached out to me during that moment. :)

Most definitely, I really wanted the arrival process to be taken care of. If I seriously wasn't on a time crunch, I would've just gotten a taxi from the start.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.