1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wsop final table

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by Sander, Nov 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sander

Sander Tourist

Nobody watching?

3 left, going at it again this night.

Gooooooo v Hooft!!

2. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Watched it till midnight. Van hoof is running so good. Must be the hair. I think Jacobson wins it all though.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He was running so good. It lasted till 5am pacific (7am my time) before Jack Effel threw in the towel. Stayed up till 4am local and caught up on dvr this morning. And even though van hoof was a card rack much of the day, I still think he is playing very well. Some of the better players are left, imo. Well definitely be watching tonight. Possibly on dvr delay though. Hand rate is so slow.

4. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Watched that and a basketball game to reduce the boredom waiting for the Brazilian to make his dramatic folds. First two hours, practically nobody did anything interesting, so I moved on after the b-ball. I'll look for a replay to DVR. Best thing for me was listening to the magic guy's analysis.

5. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By saying he's running good, I wasn't discounting his game. He was playing perfect poker. He was able to bully people off their middle pairs with his chip stack. On the flip side Tonking was playing scared and I figured he would end up getting caught and I'm guessing that's what happened in the 5 hours or so that I was sleeping. Larrabe looked like the fish at the table. He was constantly getting bullied by Van hoof and making huge mental errors. Should be some pretty good poker tonite. All guys seem to be on their game.

6. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was surprised how very very tight they played the first few hours last night.
    Actually made me feel a lot better about my play!!

7. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man Martin dominated tonight. He made maybe 2 or 3 mistakes all night.

8. La$Vega$

La$Vega$ Fun until cops show up, then we play Hide n' Seek!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Up 'till they called it at 7AM. Fell asleep during the marathon several times.
    Although Van Hoof had a commanding chip lead at the end of the day/morning, I thought that Jacobson's & Stephensen's play would catch and surpass the chip leader Van Hoof.
    As i finally got shut eye and watching all their play, I would have put all the $$$ on Jacobson for his tenacity.

From what I heard on day 1 he was the CL and on the last day as well.
    Newhouse seemed to predict his own fate of 9th, again!
    :poker:

[​IMG]

http://www.wsop.com/news/2014/Nov/5127/MARTIN-JACOBSON-WINS-2014-WSOP-MAIN-EVENT-CHAMPIONSHIP-AND-10-MILLION.html

9. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Winner had rags for hours but waited it out. Antonio was funny and very informative. Wouldn't want my future opponents to know that much about the way I think (assuming he told the truth). Phil was easy to buzz through on the DVR. The way those guys played at the final table would never have gotten them to the final table.

10. macwjp

macwjp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You really have to switch gears when you get to the final table though if you want to be able to be last man standing. Felt kinda bad for Newhouse, he really was playing to win it but got unlucky in a couple of spots. Enjoyed watching the final 3 play, Jacobson really put on a clinic in my mind as to how to play 3 handed from behind and with the chip lead.

11. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was probably the tightest final table in modern history. They were too tight overall, imo. Hell Tonking was even tighter than my nit-ass!

Jacobson played very well during the final table though and definitely was deserving of the win.

12. macwjp

macwjp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 - Agree with Tonking and Jacobson comments completely

13. tipdrill

tipdrill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flopping a set with a 10 in the window. To my knowledge, this is the highest ranking final hand I've seen for the main event.

14. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jacobson looks like a hipster Bryce Harper. I found the final table entertaining and well played.

15. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moneymaker (54o) and Raymer (88) made back to back full houses in '03 and '04. Hachem made a straight (73o) in '05. TT is the highest pair to win since Tom McEvoy's QQ in '83. For non-pairs, Riess won with AKs last year.

Dan Harrington and Huck Seed won back to back in 95/96 both with 98 of diamonds. :confused2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_Series_of_Poker_Main_Event_champions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.