1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Here's something I haven't said in a while ...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ... We're off to Vegas in a few weeks!! Playing Reflection Bay, Coyote Springs, Shadow and maybe TPC. Bunking at Westin LLV and the JW Marriott. And Terri is getting the SPECIAL honor of flying over on Allegiant. (And people fume about freakin' resort fees?????)

2. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes! An actual Las Vegas trip from you! And add golf - fantastic.

I am curious how Reflection Bay will be - after all the problems at Lake Las Vegas. Coyote Springs - it's been 2 years now, and I'm itching to return for a 6th time. TPC - I'm assuming Summerlin?

Allegiant Air - that's my go-to American airline, since flying out to Canada involves so many taxes, it's way cheaper to fly domestic in the States.

My normal winter golf trip has been filled with gambling past two years, instead of golf - so, I'll live vicariously through you now!!!

Enjoy and make sure to report back to us!

3. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doon, TPC Las Vegas. Keep things on the public side of the ledger.

I had an advance play (two, actually) this week of Jack's new course in Cabo, Quivira. That's one helluva piece of property, I'll say, right at the southernmost tip of Baja, above Diamante.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's up Ken, Las Vegas Golf Club not on the schedule? :evillaugh

5. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too bad you're not going to be there November 15. My Caesars host is making a tee time for Scott and a friend at Cascata (quarterly 7 Stars benefit, but still have to pay the $50 caddie tip per player), but his friend might not be able to go. We won't find out until later tonight for sure, but all of Scott's old golf buddies are family men now and can't get away on short notice.

6. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very jealous! I won't see a course again until April or May.

Enjoy!

7. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mare, YOU'RE the ones who are going the wrong weekend! lol

What kinda deadbeat chooses to stay home rather than go to Vegas and play Cascata????? Scott needs new friends.

8. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apparently, he does! I haven't heard the final word yet, but I'm hoping Scott will have someone to golf with on the 15th!

9. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Turns out he WILL go, so Scott has someone to play golf with this time.

10. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just flew over Reflection Bay coming home last week. It looked nice and green. Stark contrast to it's condition a year or two ago.

We've played Reflection Bay before, as well as the other public course that was(?) there before. But I forget it's name. Anyway, I thought they had let it go. The top of the mountain was all scrapped off. But it looked like they had nine holes of that course still green and open. Hard to tell from 5,000 feet!

Do you know what the status of it is? It was a nice course. There was a dramatic drop off on one of the tees, with mountain goats on the side of the hills.

11. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The second course (public) was the Falls. My understanding is it will convert to housing, which already had made a few encroachments with the original routing. The third course, Rainbow Canyon, was rough graded and that was all. SouthShore has remained open the whole time.

12. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like that did US any good! lol

Yes, the Falls. Thanks. I wonder why those nine holes are all green again.

13. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get to SouthShore via staying at Westin LLV.

14. richardinbc

richardinbc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken did they get any housing built at Coyote Springs. We drove past there returning from Laughlin two weeks ago. No housing was visible but there may be some that we cannot see at the west end.

A lot of infrastructure for just a golf course.

15. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Returning from Laughlin or did you mean Mesquite? Oh wait, were you driving home n/b via the 93? That's some road trip, my friend. Awesome! There is nothing west of the 93 on the master plan, as I recall, it's a preserve over there, so what you didn't see is what doesn't exist. lol

The (over)expectations out there were, well, grandiose. Agreement to be the western "home" of the PGA, multiple courses, thousands of homes ...

16. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken, seems like you lined up quite a do it right Vegas book.
    Hawaii was fantastic, nice to have some birdies on some rounds.
    I really liked your desert cover story. Some holes I don't know in the adjoing ultimate 18 write up. Really fun read.
    I look very forward to your acoount of R-Bay. I don't think it will have changed much. Back to normal. I hope to play it in December.
    We took Saddle Road over to Hilo. You were right, thats an improvement and faster compared to over Waimea.
    How long since you've played Shadow?

17. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do tell about the islands!!

Thanks. I thought last year's spread overall was better -- I loved that A to Z thing I did -- but it was fun pulling together the composite course, and a bit of a challenge since it was ordinal, not just 18 great holes at random that add up to 72. That's kinda the package I'm looking at for the Vegas section in February.

Shadow? Eons. Or in golfer parlance, probably four sets of irons ago.

18. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really liked the A-Z story too now that you remind me. More hooks for more of a variety of people.
    For the first time ever, with the exception of the Hilo jaunt, I never left Hualalai. Golf every morning, then at the beach or by the adult pool, eat at the resident's grill, practice in the afternoon lots of food and adult beverages. On book 5 of Game of Thrones and also read Daniel Silva's new book. Just a perfect getaway with my wife. Birdied 5 3 times, 12 twice, 17, 7, 6, and a couple more. Par 3s help my rounds there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.