1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest up to new tricks without treats

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Username, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finally booked our flight back from Vegas using points. However, SWA gave us two different conformation numbers (one for each of us). I don't remember them doing this in the past. Are they trying to make it more difficult to go online and check in so you pay the early boarding fee ? ? ?

2. thunderdave

thunderdave Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time my wife and I flew, it was 2 different confirmation numbers. Nothing new here.

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    me 2...we have the phone app and she is usually 1 or 2 behind or ahead of me as we hit it on the dot.....might depend on how you booked as we used my account to fly to Washington DC in March and are under one confirmation # but in December it is 2 as we found a good deal and paid cash (credit card)....

4. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never have had just one conf # on SW when we both are travelling it has always been one for each of us.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? I usually book two, one way flights on SWA to/from Vegas, for the two of us and it always has been one confirmation number for both of us.

I just checked our reservations for Nov, Dec & Feb and they all are only one confirmation for each flight, for two people. They were booked a while ago, so maybe something has changed? I started looking at April flights today and damn, $217 each going out.

Related...a little. Gas down to $2.85 a gallon here.

6. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you book on the Wanna Get Away option or other fare? We usually book Round Trip but even when we have booked two one ways it has been a Conf# for each of us. I hear ya on the fuel prices, a few places here are at 2.40 for Ethanol, and wonder why the flights at Christmas are the highest they have ever been for us in 6 years spending Christmas in Vegas 208 each way is the cheapest which is 30 more than our Oct trip was and 50 more than our June trip.

7. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a companion pass for southwest so when I book a flight my wife flies free. We always get two different conformation numbers. But I have to book my flight, then go back and book hers.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We only book the "wanna get away" fares. retired, fixed income. :evillaugh

9. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happened to us last trip. I talked to a representative, because I didn't ever remember it happening before, and they said it was because we flr=ew on points.

I say BULL.

What a hassle, different seating positions, twice as much work checking in. .

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  10. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you use your points to book a flight, it is treated as a separate transaction under that person's rapid rewards number. Whenever I pay cold hard cash without any points for a flight my wife and I are under one confirmation number.

11. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If checking in online with two separate confirmation numbers is hard work, let SW do it for you with EBCI.

12. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if you check in at the same time you will have two different seating positions, just most likely in numerical order. Twice as much work? Come on it takes 10 seconds to check in.

13. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So Joe, today's Saturday for you too........

When you're retired it's always SATURDAY :)

14. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But on the way home from Sin City USA and you're half in the bag it's a real hassle or sometimes even impossible...LOL

15. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol

16. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is. I get a lot of sh*t from people when I say we are going on vacation. Their usual reply: VACATION FROM WHAT? :evillaugh

17. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has happened to us for years.
    It's a slight pain, but all it really means is we both check in to our flights at the same time (we both have smartphones with the SWA app).
    We look at it as a game.

18. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, so we get 2 different check in numbers--we go to the lower #. Not a big deal.
    We don't even care if we sit together--figure we are spending the whole vaca together a few hours without each other is just fine!:thumbsup:

19. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has been my experience as well.

20. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had a single confirmation number, even though I have a companion pass. If any situation would warrant a single number, it should be the companion pass because the second reservation is a direct result of the first. Would love to only have to check in once...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.