1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best places to view fireworks and parties on New Year's Eve

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by 2tweetz, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there... looks like we may be going back for New Year's Eve since I received an excellent offer/comp from Mandalay Bay again. Curious what all goes on New Year's and where are some of the best places to be. Mix or Foundation Room for firework viewing? Other places you can recommend? Would like a nice party atmosphere but don't need a super wild club since we are a bit older than the club crowd.

Definately want a view and I think Mix is on the better side of the property, but not sure. Open to any recommendations and ideas. Thanks.

Thanks.

2. texdan17

texdan17 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I contacted the MB concierge because we are booked on a comp the week of NYE at MB. She told me that they will have a bunch of stuff going on but nothing is yet public other than Maroon 5. told me to check back around thankgiving...when I find out something i'll share. We are aiming for the same thing...nice lounge with a view.

3. MUFC

MUFC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ghost Bar is pretty amazing on NYE, the view of the strip fireworks show at midnight is something you will never forget. I was there a couple of years ago and we paid about $180 for entry which included your drinks for the evening. As far as the crowd goes, it was a nice mix of young/older couples and small groups etc. I believe the bar has been refurbished since then so it may be an even better experience now.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And of the great viewing bars/restaurants will have pricey packages available - no just walking in for a drink then.

For a unique experience, being on the the strip is something else. In the middle of the crowd - crazy, but a once in a lifetime experience.

5. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was down on the strip NYE 2006, just toooooo busy, and at that time you could actually just walk into any of the strip hotels, I believe now you must show a room key, so that sucks. I would view from somewhere off strip, the voodoo lounge at Rio would be an amazing spot.

6. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going for NYE for the first time. We thought about a party then decided on just hanging outside but my Step Father in Law just had two stents put in yesterday and I am rethinking our plans. Any recommendations on a party or place with bottle service that would be appropriate for a late 40's couple and a 70's couple. Would like to see fireworks if possible. We are staying at MGM.

7. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NYE bottle service is insane at all of the dance clubs. I was thinking Drais since it is rooftop but looking at the pricing online...no way. Now add you would like to see the fireworks. Also not sure of your music selection.

Chateau at Paris may be an option as they have specials going on and it is outdoors and also rooftop...here's the link. The Deck may be a solid option as it plays music from the 70's up.

http://www.chateaunights.com/tickets/reservations.php?caldate=2014-12-31&eventid=706808235

Maybe Carnaval Court at Harrah's also?

Hope this gives you at least a starting point.

8. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're now not going over NYE, forgot about a family wedding on Jan 1st here in Seattle.. oops.. But I would do Mix or Foundation Room, views would be great and price is high but not astronomical... do the Price fix dinner if possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.