1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SLS Mini Riview

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by TomTWI, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stopped in to see the SLS yesterday morning (Tuesday about 8). I was favorably impressed with the remodel. Everything looked good and busy. Well busy except for the gambling tables I expect that would pick up later in the day.

Only negative was the long lines of people waiting to eat breakfast. The buffet is closed during the week, I think that will need to change or they need to add a couple more places to eat. If I was staying there I wouldn't be happy with the food options.

I didn't check out the VP but they did have 2 deck $5 3/2 BJ Hit Soft 17.

I was most impressed with the staff who were all friendly and helpful. I wish them well and think they will make it.

TomTWI

2. The Shamus

The Shamus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Tom:

Thanks for the mini-review. The slot floor, while not huge by Vegas standards -- it is one of the newest slot floors in Vegas ... most of the latest games. The shops are trendy, and the decor is very modern (think Aria, Cosmo). I'm not surprised breakfast is busy -- the place looks like a lot of fun! Yup ... buffet should be opened during the week. Traffic is a little light on the slot floor, but the staff is definitely super friendly. It's handy that it is the last stop on the monorail!

/\/\/\/\ the Shamus /\/\/\/\

3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's because The Griddle Café is outstanding. Their huge breakfasts are available 24/7 and have to be seen to be believed. The gigantic pancakes are a hit (my favorite is the caramelized banana) with plenty of butter and the house syrup. My wife is impressed the house coffee is served in a French Press and beats other restaurant's coffee hands down. The Griddle Café has become my go-to place when I have guests in town.

Bill

4. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds interesting but I hate to wait in long lines especially in Vegas

5. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting--everything else I have been reading here & on trip advisor sounds as if SLS is on the way out--never seen this many positive reviews in one place! Glad you all enjoyed it.

6. Jon E Coyote

Jon E Coyote Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there Tuesday night, the remodel is very nice, liked the clear benches/chairs in the front. Ate at 800 degrees, which was good too.

My only complaint was drink service, played at least 20 minutes before anyone came by, then waited another 15 before leaving, dropped $100 and did not get a drink

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.