1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Christmas in Vegas???

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by pphold, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have some friends and family that want to go to Vegas Christmas week. Problem is DW hates Vegas so no way I'm going to get her to go.

They have made reservations at Cosmopolitan City room??? WHO the F would stay in a city room at the Cosmo? They are asking if I can get them a Terrance Room. I can but I have to be there to check in.

I know do a PPHOLD trip fly in and fly out. I check on the ticket I can do it for less than $100 round trip and spend a few hours or a day in Vegas.

Problem is do I really want to? I think my luck in VEGAS has run out and have been losing there. Nothing to really play for and the offers I'm getting are not that great now.

Anyone else going to spend Christmas in Vegas? Seems like a bad time to go and nothing is really going on.

I might go in January 2015 and superbowl weekend so does not seem like a good idea to go.

Any VMBers going to Vegas in Christmas week?

2. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vote... Don't go! Tell them sorry I cant get a room without me being there and you cant go.. My 2 cents..

3. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, tell them they are on their own. They can try to upgrade at check-in themselves. If it isn't that busy, they'd have a good chance. Even without any pull at Cosmopolitan, upgrades are available if they pay for it. It'd be cheaper (and more reasonable) for them to pay for the upgrade than inconveniencing you to get it for them.

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what makes it the BEST time for low-rollers to go..BECAUSE nothing is going on...we can simply enjoy Vegas, without the crowds and high prices.

5. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to be there over Xmas but I'm going to Boston to meet the GF's parents now and then over to Vegas on 27th December.

Tim is right - it's really nice when it is dead. You can just do what you want. If you like crowds it can feel a bit dead though.

6. pphold

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'm going to have to agree to not go. Not worth it for me to go and they can try the $20 trick or pay for the upgrade.

7. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to try asking your host if they would offer a deal for your friends through a host rate. I did this for my hubby and his buddies and he was willing to knock off 100 per night per room. In their case that was $900 total savings for three terrace rooms.

8. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a good idea, I'm pretty sure your host can arrange for a discounted rate even if you don't go yourself.

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We arrive 2pm on Christmas Day.

10. Fraggle

Fraggle People Watcher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10 pm christmas day here! love the week after christmas. Never busy, easy to get upgrades and drinks. With a couple friends this year to top it off! likely be rocking some snes at insert coins hammed :)

11. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We arrive 11am on Christmas. Great time to be there if you're low key...not much going on. It slowly builds up through the week until the great crowds of New Years are all there. Such a difference. I'm a nice guy, but fly to LV to help a friend get a free room? Who would even ask that of someone?
    Stu

12. pphold

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are platinum with Marriott so don't know if that will help with an upgrade. They have their rooms booked, so no need to call my host. I'll check with my host when I'm there next week to see.

13. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing going on?????? We have spent the last 5 Christmas in Vegas and it has become our favorite trip of the entire year, if you cant find anything going on you either A:are not looking too hard or B: definitely looking for something we don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.