1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars Palace Forum Food Court info

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by shokhead, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody know yet what will be in there for food? Goodbye Cypress Street Marketplace food court .

Only thing I've seen for sure is a big Starbucks.

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wondering myself. I will miss my lobster chowder for sure! Hope it is open for NYE week so I can check it out.

3. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No one seems to know exactly what is going to be included in the new food court. I actually liked the "old" food court. Sure, the prices were a little high, but liked the food and options that were there.

I am sure that the new starbucks there is likely to be one of the busiest in the country.

4. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All starbucks are busy. This one will also be and it sounds like it's a big one.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard Starbucks and new locations for existing restaurants but can't remember which. I hope they aren't going through the trouble of redoing it just to do retreads instead of something innovative.

6. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard, but it's only a rumour at this point, that Earl of Sandwich was going in. That would make me really happy!

7. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    aesars Palace are erasing any lingering memories of their Cypress Street Marketplace food court and opting for a rebranding. The former, multiple, unloved quickie food stations are being replaced behind a giant wall of plywood.

The 14,290-square-foot site has been allotted an estimated $2,889,568 in construction costs and will be reborn as the Forum Food Court. The location is close to the entrance of the Forum Shops at Caesars mega-mall.

The new project is currently hiring and promises "delicious on-the-go food" eliminating hopes of an upscale venture joining adjacent neighbor Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill. An estimated completion date has not been announced.

In the meantime, the Caesars resort web staff are maintaining their heroic unbroken track record of failure and still advertise the shuttered Cypress Street Marketplace in their restaurant section. It sits right alongside a enticement for guests to visit the Empress Court Chinese restaurant. As Eater Vegas first reported, Cypress Street and Empress Court both shuttered one month ago. The Chinese restaurant closed to make way for the forthcoming arrival of Mr Chow.

Caesars Palace is spending an estimated $2,889,568 in construction costs to remodel the former Cypress Street Marketplace food court into the all new Forum Food Court. Tipsters have alerted Eater Vegas that Smashburger, Earl of Sandwich and a Caesars in-house created pizza joint will help fill out the 14,290-square-foot project. While that currently remains a rumor, Starbucks is already up and running as a major upgrade over the former Java Coast spot that sat on the corner of this food court.

8. carra

carra Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a remarkably specific estimate.

9. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like the new Fulton Street Food Hall across the street at Harrah's. Even sounds the same..........Forum & Fulton. Sounds like a Law Firm. "Need someone to sue for under cooked meatballs that made you sick"?.........."call us at the Law Offices of Forum & Fulton, we serve papers the right way, before dessert".

10. trsopko

trsopko Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel like they are missing an opportunity by not including a Little Caesars. Oh well...

11. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    walls are still up so will have to see

12. valsdad

valsdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow!! Pizza and burgers. How thrilling!!!! It takes a real imagination to come up with ideas like that.

13. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish one of these places served Greek food. The Greeks live a long time, that's because of the olive oil, dates, grapes, nuts, the feta cheeses, yogurt, the wines, etc. If you are opening a restaurant that affords people to live longer, wouldn't you do it? Don't you want them to come back when they're in their 90's?
    Mediterranean food is a large staple of my diet, i wish some of these owners knew that Greece is the cradle of western civilization, not the Heart Attack Cafe.

14. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like that food courts are part of the restaurant scene in Las Vegas. Sometimes we want fine dining with foreign delicacies, and sometimes we just want some grub in five minutes or less.

15. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    was there last week and walls still up and looks like they have a lot to do so it looks like next year before it is finished.

16. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing saying what's going in? Wonder if they are still working on that part? Rumors say Smashburger and Earl of Sandwich are headed to the new Caesars food court.

17. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any new info?

18. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting

20. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't seem like any change in terms of the type of food, not that you'd expect much of a change.

Going from memory, there was a coffee place (I think it's been replaced by a Starbucks already)
    A sandwich place
    A wok place
    A chowder place
    A salad place
    A burger place
    A mexican place
    An ice cream place
    and a pizza place.

Maybe they figure bringing in a couple of brand names will make a diff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.