1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need Spa Advice: Mandalay Bay

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by dutchvelvet, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taking the DW to Vegas tomorrow for her birthday. Buying her a full spa day as part of her present. She knows a ton about this stuff as she's a massage therapist and esthetician. I, on the other hand, know absolutely nothing.

I've never gone to a spa, so I'm wondering if any of you had advice as to the three spas available at Mandalay Bay. There's Spa Mandalay, the Delano Bathhouse, and the Four Seasons spa. Which is the best? What services are your favorites? Anything really special that's available there that wouldn't be easy to find in Wisconsin? Any packages you have enjoyed?

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not tried the 4S spa, but of the other two, I prefer Spa Mandalay. As far as Vegas Strip spas go, I don't think there is anything special about these spas. I prefer others. I have had bad experiences at Bathhouse and only mediocre experiences at Spa Mandalay. There's nothing wrong with it. It just feels a bit cramped compared to some spas. I can't recall any particularly good packages or services, but also can't recall any bad ones either. Have fun

I Need Spa
  3. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Four Seasons is very, very nice but the steam/sauna/Jacuzzi area is much smaller than most Strip spas. Spa Mandalay used to be one of the best but I have not been in years.

4. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have not used FS but did use the new Delano last trip and it was even better than THEHotel was according to DW with new staff and equipment as well,

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it still the bathhouse spa?

I Need Spa
  6. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i happen to think that spa Mandalay is one of the best. If she still works there, Corrine is the best massage therapist I've ever had. Get an 80 minute deep tissue. She's little, but strong.

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Bathhouse twice. I liked it, it's really dark and maze like.. dark grey stonewalls.. I get the impression some people don't enjoy that. I had facials both times I went, they were good. I'm thinking about trying a bath next time. Not a spa expert, only spa's I've ever visited were in Vegas, so I don't know how they compare.

Honestly, I'm staying at MB my next trip but I'm thinking about a spa day at Aria, their spa was amazing! They have extra amenities that the other spa's don't have (stone beds, salt meditation room, pool). Everything about their spa was perfect. I felt so comfortable there. I would want to stay for many hours. I did not get a treatment, but I loved their facilities. Also I haven't been, but I know Qua (Caesars) is probably one of the best in Vegas. I know they also have stone beds and a room that snows! haha. I feel you'd want to get her something extra luxurious and unique... since she's used to what she has at home.

Most spa's have a package with like a facial, massage and a body scrub or something like that. Usually $500+.

Take a look at yelp... if she's a professional, good chance she's pretty picky!

8. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of the three spas at MB, my first choice is the Four Seasons spa, primarily because of their attention to detail and customer service.

I usually have a Sports Massage (with Trigger Point therapy or Myofascial Release - depending on the massage therapist), sometimes a pedi, and spend time in the steam room.

9. cuteje

cuteje Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have only been to Spa Mandalay and the Bathhouse.
    Spa Mandalay is more tradional and what a spa goer would expect. Bigger but slightly more crowded probably due to popularity.
    The Bathhouse is smaller, dark and usually empty. I like the setup of the wet spa here. Cool plunge and a quick shower right outside of the sauna, and this area is seperated from the main pool and loungers by a wall.

10. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the advice, I'm showing these to her as they come in.

She's somewhat sold on trying the "little but strong" massage therapist. As a 5'2" massage therapist herself that is well known for bringing grown men to tears, the description speaks to her.

11. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Spa Mandalay. Great spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.