1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WAX bus from the airport these days (which terminal?)

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by raisingoo, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raisingoo

raisingoo Medium-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to Vegas once or twice a year, usually stay downtown, and have gotten into the habit of taking the WAX bus from the airport. It's usually quick, on time, and deposits me right on Fremont downtown for only $2.

I am in the U.S.A. and will be flying into terminal 1.

So, for an upcoming trip, I checked the newly-posted schedule and notice that it seems to only pick up in terminal 3 (i.e. the international terminal). Am I reading this correct? In other words, does the WAX bus no longer go to/pick up from terminal 1?

Anyone know this to be true? If this is the case, is there a tram or some sort of transportation that goes between airport terminals?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

2. kansaisupra

kansaisupra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take the WAX and CX all the time. The CX also leaves only from Terminal 3 and goes to downtown.

If you don't have to pick up baggage, the easiest way is to take the tram from your gate directly to terminal 3 instead of taking the terminal 1 tram.

If you look at the bottom of the schedule, I think the WAX still goes to terminal 1. It says, "NOTE:
    Trips are scheduled to arrive at Terminal 1 two to four minutes prior
    to arriving at Terminal 3"

I took the WAX last week and it stopped off at Terminal 1 still.

3. raisingoo

raisingoo Medium-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the speedy reply. I didn't notice the fine print on www.rtcsouthernnevada.com (I just read "Terminal 3" on top and panicked).

Good to know I can pick it up at Terminal 1 still, too.

$2 to get you downtown rather quickly is quite a deal. Can't wait to do it again on my next trip!

4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the WAX on my last two downtown trips. I'm not too into staying downtown but the WAX was great!

5. kansaisupra

kansaisupra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the wax and cx is the best value. If you stay at nyny, Excalibur MGM or tropicana, it's a straight easy walk from the bus stop. Plus if you time it right, it's probably faster then a shuttle and way cheaper than a cab. No tips.

6. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The WAX is a great value for getting downtown. However, it also depends on the time of day you arrive. (WARNING!! WHINE ALERT!) We fly in on Allegiant and don't get in until after 10:10pm, that is if they are on time. WAX leaves at 10:18pm and there isn't another until 11:18pm. That means we would have to wait almost an hour and then we would not get downtown until 11:45ish. Checking into MSS that late and we don't have much of a choice for rooms. We got burned on this back in July. Our plane was late getting in, so we took a shuttle. I thought it was a strictly downtown shuttle, but I was sadly mistaken. It took us almost an hour and we were 2nd to last getting off the damn shuttle! I was not happy needless to say. We ended up with a smoking room. My wife and I barely slept because it stunk so bad. We did end up moving the next morning. Sorry for the whining! :cry:

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  7. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I was there, I took the WAX. Nice and easy downtown. I took Allegiant as well, and was supposed to land at 7:15pm, and the bus came at 7:28pm(or near that). Luckily we landed about 15 min early. I made it to the stop with enough time to even smoke a cig. Only thing that scares me is that the WAX doesn't start running until about 5:15am, and almost all of Allegiants flights are really early, 7-7:30am. If you get stuck in the line, it'd be pushing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.