1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Looking for a restaurant with a view

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by springlakecake, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. springlakecake

springlakecake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first trip to Vegas will be in December for my 15 year anniversary! I made a reservation at the Top of the World restaurant because of view. However, looking at the menu I am wondering if the prices will spoil my evening since it appears the entrees don't even come with a salad or sides? (Im typically happy with a $7 burger and fries). I'd love to have a romantic night with a fantastic view, but curious if there were other similar dining experiences I should be looking at as well. thanks in advance!

2. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon Ami Gabi? It's directly across from the Bellagio.http://www.monamigabi.com/menu/?loc=vegas The fountains are so pretty at night. If you sit on the patio, you have a beautiful view. It definitely isn't a quiet place though because it's right above street level. We have reservations there next week although I may change my mind before then depending on recommendations you get here. Here's a page with several places listed: http://www.lasvegas.com/restaurants/dinner-with-a-view/

Celebrating our 22nd anniversary in Vegas!

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you're looking for a meal with a view, but want to spend less money? A couple thoughts. look at the prices for the Eiffel Tower restaurant. I don't know the prices at Top o/t World, but I suspect Eiffel is a little cheaper. Maybe Olives at Bellagio. Not nearly as expensive as the top places, but you can try and reserve patio seating for the fountain show. Lastly, look into the steakhouse at Harrahs. I only ate there when it was still called Range (I think it is a Ruth Chris now), but unless the layout has changed, there is a nice view of the street below. Its not nearly as good as the other options, but might be a bit cheaper

I Need Spa
  4. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mix lounge at 5 PM will give you a great view, free champaign and small bites that won't destroy the wallet. Voodoo will also give you the view and I believe is one of the tix4tonight discount restaurants.

5. springlakecake

springlakecake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    okay, I'll check those out, thank you! I don't know if I necessarily need to spend less money, but I just wasn't sure if Top of the World was worth it for the view? I guess I was expecting if I was paying $50-$75 for an entree, that I'd get a salad and some veggies to go along with the meal too, lol. Since I've never been to Vegas, there so much that I don't know.

6. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of thoughts about others reply. You are going in Dec. Be careful of the outside patios. It's cold out there. Yes, they sometimes have heaters, but I would go for an inside great view.
    You cannot get reservations for Mon Ami Gabi patio. Only inside.
    Just above Top of the World is Lounge 107. They both have the same view. They have a happy hour with cheap appetizers. Admission up to 107 is free.

7. La$Vega$

La$Vega$ Fun until cops show up, then we play Hide n' Seek!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Restaurant w/ a view

I was going to mention what Tahoejoe2 replied.
    I took my wife to the TOW for the Birthday thing and found it to be less than what I wished for.
    It was pricey, the meal was just ok and we did not have the best of table to sit at for a view (keep that in mind) you can wait for a window seat.
    In fairness to the TOW our meal was a while back and with different days you may get different chefs and service.
    One thing to do when you do make reservations or just go out for the meal is to have them make a note that it is a special day and you would like their best server to wait your table. Reiterate this when you come in to the manager.
    A wonderful view and meal can be entirely messed up with poor service and tip generously for it!
    I think a nice romantic meal anywhere and the Level107 Lounge later!
    It is a special day so keep that in mind when it comes to price.
    No comparison to the the strip vista view from any other restaurant. Except, you spin so you are not looking at the same view throughout the meal.
    But, in hindsight we should have had a nice meal anywhere and went to the TOW lounge for 'the view' and cocktails
    After it's all said and done you won't recall the food so much, but the evening of events you will.

Mon Ami is also nice and the food price is perhaps farely close and quality great. The elevation is a little above street level as you sit on a terrace, however at that time of year like Tahoe mentioned, more like you will sit indoor.
    At night with the fountains going is a nice treat and imho the best view in Vegas

Up in the Eiffel tower's restaurant should have a better view of the fountains at night. However, we have never been there and can not comment. (It is on our must try list)

All this said, one of our more romatic meals for a special occasion was at Hugo's Cellar DT, no view, but the food, ambience, a rose for the women and alone time with my wife was my best view!

I'd go anywhere and eat, then head to the TOW Lounge for cocktails and view!

Enjoy
    and
    give us an update where you went and everything you did...well, not quite everything...

TOW
    http://www.topoftheworldlv.com/topoftheworld.htm

Level107 Lunge
    http://www.topoftheworldlv.com/level107.htm

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  8. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe check Eiffel Tower out for lunch/brunch? I think they still do that. But I think it's worth it for dinner, food is good, view is incredible. It's your anniversary, splurge a little bit :). Any other "nice" restaurant or steakhouse will be just as expensive, mind as well have the great view!

I like places like Mon Ami, Sugar Factor, Border Grill.. I mean while not the most spectacular view in the world, they have windows and patios and it's airy. Its nice! I think I would recommend those 3 more for brunch or lunch though.

Or just have a great meal, then go do the High Roller or go have a drink at MIX (at Delano)

9. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will you have a car? After dinner, or a trip through the In n Out drive thru, park on the roof of the Westin garage for the best unobstructed view of the High Roller. After a few minutes whip out the Ruby earrings or the Crystal watch you're supposed to give. Romance is guaranteed to ensue.

10. springlakecake

springlakecake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all again, that is helpful information! We are actually staying at the Bellagio and got a deluxe fountain view room so hopefully we will have a good view of the fountains from there, if that matters. I like the idea of going to the lounge 107. I haven't heard of many of the other restaurants, so I will check them all out! For me this is more about the experience than the food, but I just don't want to feel like it wasn't worth what I paid.

- - - Updated - - -

no we won't have a car. At least I wasn't planning on it!

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio has a number of options for dining with a view of the fountains. As said, you can get a reservation at Olives, but patio is first come, first served. If you are there right at opening, you have a good shot at getting patio.

Having a room with a view is great as well. One of the TV channels plays the same music for you.

I would go for a better diner and less with the view since your room will have a great view.

12. Dutchguy

Dutchguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've now had two outstanding dinners at Buddy V's in the Venetian. It's on the 'most do' list of every return trip for us! Not only for the food, but also for the views! First went there in this past June on a crowded Saturday night. Since it was a impluse decision, we didn't have reservations. The wait was going to be about an hour. OR, we could be seated right away at a table within the bar area, without a wait. Our table was against the floor-to-ceiling window over-looking The Strip, TI and the Fashion Show Mall. The bar area was great! Seemed to be a little less hectic than the main dining room. Great Italian food! And, the the service was fanstatic. We had at least three people taking care of us. My wife and I were married in Las Vegas this past September. After the wedding, everyone in attendance (30 of us) decided to go to Buddy V's for a little reception. AGAIN, we showed up without a reservation. We were able to get a private dining room for our entire group. Once again, the view was incredible! The setting sun made it even better!

13. springlakecake

springlakecake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These ideas all sound wonderful! The Venetian looks beautiful too! My original thought was to go with something with a view of the strip, but maybe that it too limiting. I am going for an "experience," something that will be really memorable. Thanks again!

14. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Binions Steakhouse downtown also has great views.

15. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's one the locals know and love with a different sort of view... Panevino is on the south side of the airport (Sunset & Gilespie), but has an incredible view up the strip and of the planes coming in and out.

http://www.panevinolasvegas.com

16. Beaker

Beaker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the Eiffel Tower restaurant, there is a corner table overlooking the Bellagio fountains that is absolutely fantastic for view. If you want to email Lyle and inquire about reservations, his address is [email protected] . We have contacted him before and twice gotten this table for our anniversary.

17. springlakecake

springlakecake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    very nice! thanks!

18. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure if someone can offer up a recent review, but have you considered the Voodoo steakhouse at the Rio? I haven't been for 15 years, but you would take a glass elevator up 50 floors to the restaurant. Because it was slightly behind the strip, it actually gave a full panoramic view of the strip, which is completely different than any restaurant ON the strip. Again, not sure if things have changed, but you could go up one floor to the lounge, and that lounge had some good live entertainment and you could go to the outside observation decks for a really amazing view of the strip. I remember they used to do some of the live New Years Eve shows for TV from the outside deck area there.

The strip is really nice when viewed slightly away from it so you can take it all in. I had really enjoyed the Rio....but not sure if it's still the same 15 years later~

19. springlakecake

springlakecake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I was wondering about that restaurant too. I should at least check out the lounge because we are going to see Penn and Teller there. I'll look into the restaurant reviews.

20. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When there 15 years ago, we really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. It was darker, kinda sexier, and hip......no clue what it's like now. Pretty sure it was Matt Dusk playing in the lounge area that night. If it's anything like it was before, I would totally recommend it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.