1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

David Cassidy arrested on DUI charges in L.A.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by failsafe, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. failsafe

failsafe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just including it here because I saw him when he headlined the EFX show at the MGM Grand way back.
    Good times when Vegas was a bit different.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AGAIN??? Holy crap.... dude... get a driver!!!!

3. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember when......EFX was the first show I ever saw in Vegas.

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He was just in court last month for DUI. I don't see anything new in the news about him. Where did you read he was arrested?

5. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This past August David was supposed to be at court in Florida on previous DUI charge, but he was a no show. his lawyer calls him and he was up in Saratoga betting the horses.:haha:

A few years, well many years ago, I took the wife to Vegas for her 50th birthday and we were staying at the Rio(prior to Harrahs)...
    He and Sheena Easton were starring in At The Copa. wife was a partridge fan back in the day and we were at the pool and i take breaks from the sun to go gamble.
    I had won a few hundy playing blackjack so i decided to surprise her with tickets to the show.
    i went to the box office and told the woman about wifes birthday(yadda,yadda,yadda $20 bill) and she says she has the perfect seats for us.
    she says that by sitting at this certain box, David will come up and sing to her...i was skeptical but but make the purchase.
    Sure enough the shows going on and when "I think I love you" comes up, he strolls over to out booth and sits next to her and sings....and it gets better..
    A little while later, For Your Eyes Only comes up and Sheena Easton comes over, sits next to me and sings looking into my eyes.., good thing she wasn't on my lap or she might have missed a note or two.:wink2:

6. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whole note on the staff, eh?

:beer:

7. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    His father was one of my favourite bad guys on Columbo. He was awesome in those parts. But, the guy was an alcoholic. I understand his first wife, David's mother, also had mental illness and/or addiction issues of her own. It's a shame he hasn't been able to get past his issues because he's talented.

8. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lets not overdue the drama, he got a dui, just like millions of other people, it's not the end of the world or the end of him.

9. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know merlin, once you hit your third or fourth DUI, ya just may have a serious problem that goes beyond stupidity.

10. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was #2, plus I didn't see what his level was. I always wonder why people are sometimes surprised when "celebrities" get into trouble with dui's or whatever, you have to understand that these people dont have jobs that they need to go to all week. A lot of them have nothing to do but go out at night and party, hang out, chase women/men etc, if you or i went out 4 or 5 or more times a week we'd get into trouble too. Now should he get a ride, yea he should, but maybe he's usually much drunker and figured he could make it.

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! Merlin... you're one of a kind!

12. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As david cassidy might have said... thank you sir, may I have another.

13. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the problems with being "caught" twice, three times etc. is not being able to count the number of times in similar / identical situations but not "caught". Like a burglar "caught" in a residence and in court is sentenced as a "first offense". Really? You caught him on his first try?

Also, although having a driver is better than him driving in an altered state, it doesn't address the base problem of his dependency and making good decisions on his intake. But as someone said, he is only one man like millions of others in the country.

14. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the difference is the same as another example

you or I or any regular person behaving crazy makes us.....crazy people

but a multimillionaire or billionaire?...they're merely "eccentric":evillaugh

having enough money to have a driver takes your behavior from dangerous and offensive, to "well if that's what he wants to do?..."

15. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly, he's been arrested and charged 3 times....imagine how many times he hasn't been caught? He can well afford a driver....no excuses!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.