1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Black Bear Diner W. Tropicana

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jackincols, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Time for me to give this joint a plug, but you'll need a car/cab to get there. My old high school buddy that's lived in Vegas 15 years took me there for breakfast many years back and it's become our "must do" for breakfast ever since. Yes, it's a chain, but the franchise owner is there almost every morning to greet customers and has a very capable staff. I've never been there for lunch or dinner, but I'll be going for dinner this weekend with my HS buddy and his wife.

Be sure to check out the menus......

http://blackbeardiner.com/location/nevada/lasvegas/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
  2. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love BBD! I've only been a few times for breakfast. The place is a bit hokey with all the bear stuff, but it adds to the appeal of the place. The service is friendly and the coffee is some of the best diner joe I have ever had. The sweet cream pancakes are delish!

Hmmm, perhaps I will try them for lunch or dinner too!

3. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Oh, and don't forget to snap up a bear claw or 2 to take back to your room. That is, if there's any left. They go quickly.

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only had one problem at that particular location and it was pancakes. They were busy and the pancakes were undercooked.....it was handled quickly and professionally but threw timing off on our group's eating together. Minor but the point is don't be afraid to ask for any needs......

5. sassykat

sassykat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love this place. Yes, it's a chain but the food and service are great.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes to this!!! We all know that some people head's explode when forced to enter a chain, but I've eaten at probably 6 or 7 BBD's and the LV Tropicana is my favorite. I have to remember to take the left-overs with me, cause if I eat the whole plate of food, I'm done for the day. Great food and plenty of it!!!

7. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed, I have yet to have a bad breakfast there. Once had an Elvis impersonator sitting in the booth next to us, not in costume, who the server knew by name. Now that is classic Vegas!

8. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks for the plug on this establishment. I'm always looking for new places to try, especially out of the way places besides Downtown and the Strip.

Checked out the menu. Pretty solid offerings. Any idea what the price range is? $20 to $40?

9. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Electroguy, you owe it to yourself to give this place a shot for breakfast the next time you're in Vegas. It is a "solid" menu and if you noticed they even have a Seniors section "Less is More" or something like that.

Pricing? No way should you go over $20 on your final tab (for breakfast) and I'm including tip in that guess. Only thing I've found a little pricey is a large OJ, but it's fresh squeezed so worth it to me if I have a Jones for some good OJ.

Again, give it a try. I don't think you'll regret it.

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed... the regular portions are pretty large and it's all high quality, freshly prepared/cooked food, so it's not a $2.99 joint, but I think you'd have to work to spend over $20 and that's tip included.

11. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright!! A new place to check out next time I'm in Vegas!! Many thanks jackincols!! :beer::thumbsup:

12. jackincols

jackincols Guest

You're very welcome. Just hope it lives up to your expectations. I've usually found if something or someplace I haven't been to gets hyped too much, it's somewhat of a letdown when I actually experience it. Hope this isn't the case with Black Bear for you.

13. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Discovered this place about a year ago - double thumbs up! Food and service are great, good prices. I don't think of this place as a chain restaurant - very genuine warmth from the employees.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.