1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Winter sale going on now

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jamesxnj, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got an email this AM.Must be booked by October 16th though..Did see some cheaper prices from when I looked last week < $300 From FL

2. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the savings. Back her in good old central Ohio once again disappointed in the lack of a sale price out of CMH for Southwest during a reported sale. Fuel prices plummet for a barrel and at the pump and airline prices staying on the top end. They seem to dip out of CMH during times when no sale is being proclaimed. Big Sigh

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked too....we have tickets to Washington DC in March and Vegas in December and Vegas for the SB....not bad prices listed but not as good (or times as good) as when we booked wayyyyyyy back when.....still if looking for good prices with flexible dates / times....some look good.....thanks for the heads up

4. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not bad pricing on this sale! I could rebook my flights for about $60 credit, but it would expire March 18th, so I'm not going to bother.

5. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was great for me. My December flight to Vegas that cost 31,000 points when I originally booked it is now just 21,000. So I rebooked it and got the 10,000 point refund, and still kept my Early Bird priority, etc. I've always loved that policy; it's allowed me to cobble together enough refunded points to get ANOTHER free flight down the road next year.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  6. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice work bdauch!

7. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some real good deals from OKC to LAS too bad they are not during our Christmas trip, I have never seen the prices so high for Christmas in 6 years going there.

8. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, james. In all seriousness, whenever they have a sale, you have to be really assiduous about re-creating all your existing flights. Even if you save a thousand here and two thousand there, it can really add up and allow you to be more mobile going forward.

9. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Ohio here to nothing good out of CLE or CAK...I have not seen a sale fare on SW out of CAK or CLE to LAS in a looooong time. We always get the CLE to Chicago deals, who wants to go to Chicago in the winter? Nothing against Chicago love the city but prefer to visit in the summer. Come on Southwest how about showing some lovin to us in NE Ohio...LOL Although I fly United because of status it would be nice to have some sale fares from SW for my fellow Ohioans.

10. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and exactly no price drop for the trip I already booked next month *pouts*

11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There were some $129/OW fares out of MDW to be found this morning. This counts as a real sale IMO.

12. stev0ftw

stev0ftw Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up on this. I booked my flight for Feb 27-Mar 2...176 RT from Tucson. Good stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.