1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ebola scare on flight Friday

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A Delta fight arrived from JFK on Friday, October 11, at LAS with a concern regarding Ebola. There were 6 ambulances dispatched and they circled the plane. The plane was quarantined and haven't heard much follow up.

2. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was a thread about it Friday that got pulled for whatever reason. Someone posted that it wasn't quarantined for very long and that the passengers were allowed to get off the plane.

3. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it was a an ill flyer. The person was tested and didnt have ebola. Better to be safe than sorry.

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. Better to be smart and not panic about everyone that pukes on a plane.

5. StuckinDelRio

StuckinDelRio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which is how Ebola continues to spread. Not smart.

6. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we scramble some sort of hazmat SWAT team every time someone pukes or has a fever on a plane? The response is out way out of proportion to the threat.

7. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uhhh...threat is death.

Pretty serious in my eyes

8. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just don't see how rushing a hazmat SWAT team onto a plane after the person has already been in contact with people helps that much. Be as sick as you want, just on a plane. Why not be proactive and set up pre-screens and set up travel restrictions.

9. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The traveller in question was incorrectly believed to be from Westminster Africa. It only an overreaction because of that. With the new screenings in.place, this shouldn't happen again.

10. StuckinDelRio

StuckinDelRio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Believe me, I agree with you...it's beyond me why we (the USA) ever agreed to bringing people infected with Ebola back to this continent to treat them...if we really want to treat them, send a volunteer group of medical professionals to Senegal or Liberia or Ivory Coast or wherever they are and treat them there...I agree with pre-screening and not allowing those sick to board flights for the US.

At the time of this incident, it was believed the person had travelled from Africa, so this was hardly an overreaction in my view. Imagine the shitstorm had the airport officials not reacted and it turned out he had Ebola and infected 8 other people...unmerciful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.