1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rose. Rabbit. Lie. Post-Vegas Nocturne

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by CosmoGold, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CosmoGold

CosmoGold Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last week was the first week of Rose. Rabbit. Lie. post-Vegas Nocturne. Their Facebook page said they still had "roaming entertainment" during dinner. Did anyone go this last week? Had you gone before and if so, how did it compare?

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nope ,i belive from what im hearing still food bar nite club and there just flying by there seat of there pants at this point.

still advertising up all over cosmo for rosie,

its to far hidding to draw any foot traffic marquee kills them

might stop in over the weekend for drink

3. CosmoGold

CosmoGold Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have any new reports?

4. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Advertized like crazy there. We just got back from LV. Was interested in seeing it, but not after that debacle.

5. wellwood

wellwood Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm also curious about Rose. Rabbit. Lie. Is it still worth checking out?

6. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldnt bother now with the show not there. Just wouldnt be the same

7. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this place is most likely trying to hold on until they can get out of their lease. I heard they have other ideas at another (probably cheaper) venue with better visibility and don't want to leave Cosmo on bad terms. I think their "social experiment" failed. When I went everything was still intact and it was fine but I'm guessing the volume they were doing couldn't support the entertainment costs, which if I'm not mistaken was the main part of the concept, which would suggest the end is near.

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who is the "they" here? Spiegelworld (which produced Vegas Nocturne and provided the performers for the roving entertainment) is out; their split has been pretty nasty, with lawsuits and lots of harsh accusations flying back and forth. The show might pop up somewhere else, and some of the RRL performers have been showing up over at Absinthe. However, I believe the RRL venue itself, including the restaurant/bar portion, is owned by Cosmopolitan itself, so there's not really any lease to get out of, though I could be wrong on that.

As far as the viability of the concept, and its financials, that's questionable. I recall reading that even though the venue as a whole was making money, if you broke it down into separate entertainment and F&B cost centers, F&B was essentially subsidizing the entertainment, and management decided they weren't okay with that. Whether that was the right choice, and whether the venue can survive without the show and Spiegelworld's performers, remains to be seen.

9. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "they" is the lease holder. The people with money on the line. The ownership of the venue. The people who write the checks. The people who came up with the concept. The people who hired the entertainers and the people that told them not to come in anymore. The people who have come to the conclusion this isn't going to work and want to move on from it.

10. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right, the point I was trying to make is that unless I'm misunderstanding the current situation, as we sit here today Cosmopolitan owns the venue and is running it on its own. Spiegelworld had been contracted to develop the ticketed show (which Cosmopolitan is now claiming they never wanted in the first place) and provide the performers, but they've been out for months; the breakup was messy and definitely on bad terms. There's no lease to get out of anymore. Spiegelworld has moved on, and Cosmopolitan could close down the space tomorrow if they thought it made good business sense.

11. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went early this month. Im not sure if I would go back. The entertainers were mainly singers, dancers. Nothing "crazy" or anything acrobatic.
    The food to me, was decent, probably 7/10 as some items were too salty. Mostly small plates/dishes are for sharing, they have a few "whole" table items but those are $100 plus for whole chicken/beef wellington etc.

I think a party of 4 is good, as 1 plate can taste for 4.
    fk

12. CosmoGold

CosmoGold Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went back in July with some friends just for dessert and drink. They desperately need a new show. I am surprised they don't just throw a DJ in there at 11PM to get people in there and liven the place up -- anything. It'd be a nice more intimate alternative to Marquee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.