1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bestbuy sucks lol

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by user3657, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ordered 3 of http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=C11CB33201

All in one printer. They are huge, and boxes are even bigger. They ship in original manufacturer boxes like most printers/computers/tvs etc.

I only received 2 printers. Over an hour phone call to Bestbuy. What a joke. They flat out told me "UPS weighs the boxes and we see that you received one package for 41lbs and a second package for 82lbs".

I tried to explain that is wrong, as these are shipped in the original box and there is no way you are fitting two printers in one box. I even offered to send pictures of both boxes I received, with one label at 82lbs and the other at 41lbs. With the printers still inside, that there is no way you can fit 2 printers in one box.

During this conversation, their computers went down. They wanted to call me back but i said I would wait :Þ. From the tone of the girls voice, im pretty sure they did go down and she wasnt just trying to get me off the phone.

The outcome is that I must wait "8" days for UPS to locate the lost package. I spoke to a supervisor. I tried to explain there is no lost package, I received both packages. There is an error somewhere from the warehouse and that a 3rd printer was never sent.

You might want to consider ordering from BB this year for christmas. Just figured I mention this.

2. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And in other news, water is wet.

So your the guy huh? I always wondered who the hell still shopped at Best Buy. Don't they have Amazon where you live? :poke:

Hehe

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you pay with a credit card?

I've found that threatening to have the credit card company reverse the charges often times ends the run-around.

A funny story at Best Buy a couple of years ago. I went in to get a replacement power brick for my then laptop. The guy at the checkout counter tried to upsell me with a service contract on it!

4. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hah.

These were on clearance for 120$ and are 300$ in stores. eBay they go!! I placed two orders for 3 printers each. I received 4 printers with labels that said 41lbs. One printer said 82lbs. I believe there was a system error when their logistics systems created the order/printed the label , I think the system wanted to print two labels under one tracking number, example "1of2 82lbs"/"2of2 82lbs", but instead printed one label "1of1 82lbs". Im sure the warehouse guy noticed but prob cares more about his metrics then getting an order right..

I have these in a 5x5 storage bin and 5 of these take up half the room....

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm... I don't know about Best Buy in this case, but it seems like the one who "sucks" is the one who signed for receiving three printers when it seems pretty clear there was only two there.

6. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Signature would not have solved anything. 2 packages were shipped, two packages were delivered and received.

7. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not just Best Buy. Maybe it's UPS. I ordered 5 jugs of oil off Amazon. Amazon shipped 4 jugs in 1 box and 1 jug separately in another box. UPS says they delivered both both boxes. Only 1 box was on my porch. Called UPS and told them they only left 1 box. Rude lady said the confirmation says 2 boxes were left. Eventually, I deal with Amazon who refunded my money for 1 jug of oil.

Who knows where my missing jug of oil or your missing printer are.

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bottom line... shit happens... there's little perfection anywhere anymore. Mediocrity reigns in our society. It's why I still believe it's very possible to "stand out and excel" these days! I've had plenty of fine transactions with Best Buy and a few whacky ones. Hope you find the printer!

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you checked eBay?

10. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

We've been sent a warning around my complex -
    delivery boxes have gone missing from stoops.

11. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last week my wife wants to shop for a new iPhone 6. We go to our local Verizon Wireless store. We ask if they can transfer contacts to the new phone. Verizon disinterested lady says "It depends". My wife inquires, "Depends on what?" Disinterested Verizon Lady replies, "It depends on a lot of things."

Feeling less than loved at Verizon, we head to Best Buy. We inquire of the young man at Best Buy about transferring contacts. "Sure!" he replies, "We can do that! We this super nifty gadget that we hook up your new phone and old phone to and it only takes a few minutes."

Best Buy knows they're overpriced. At least they can provide great customer service.

12. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This gave me a good chuckle this morning being a person that absolutely hates Best Buy (previously worked for their corporate headquarters here in MN for quite some time). Haven't been in a Worst Buy store since 2008. Thank you Amazon!! :Þ

13. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All depends on who makes the delivery around here. UPS guy makes me sign for everything. Fedex I'm lucky if they even knock on the door. They usually toss it on the front porch and don't even bother stopping.
    Ordered a new Samsung S5 last week from Amazon, I hear a light tap on the door, I open it up and there's my phone box leaning against the door. 2 days later I hear a loud banging on the door and there's a guy holding the box with my $20 phone case. There's no rhyme or reason for what Fedex does around here. Ordered a case of shotgun ammo and Cabela's just slapped a label on the original case so it was obvious what it was. Fedex guy made sure I signed for that one but not before eyeing me up and down, guess that was his form of a background check?

14. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best Buy generally has the worst service around, or at least the least knowledgeable. Last computer build I did, Fry's didn't have the RAM I needed in stock. Swing by Best Buy to see what they have, normally order from Newegg but didn't feel like waiting. Punk behind the counter tells me I don't need that type of RAM, I needed something else he had behind the counter. He had no idea but motherboard or chipset I was running. What he tried to sell me would not have worked. He didn't even bother asking what I putting it in. Instantly was "you don't need that, it's over rated"

My wife has gone there several times and the answers they gave her about networking and hardware seemed sketchy so she'd come home and ask me, every time BB was totally wrong and all they cared about was making a sale. My wife would normally ask me but we work opposite shifts and don't see much of each other during the week.

BB says they're pay isn't based on sales but they're bonuses certainly are.

15. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't even want to tell my Best Buy horror story. It is too gut wrenching to think about. Suffice it to say, the purchase of 2 Samsung TV's took 2 MONTHS of incredible frustration and the most egregious stupidity on the part of any retailer I have ever dealt with.

16. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sounds more like a problem with UPS and not Best Buy.
    I use Amazon all the time but I do enjoy going to Best Buy.
    I remember being sad when Circuit City went out of business.
    The day that Best Buy goes under will be a sad day indeed.

17. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have any Best Buy problems. Mostly because I dropped them years ago after my own headache dealings with them.

18. TrixieM

TrixieM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best Buy! Around here, it's about as bad as swearing. I try my best NOT to shop there; they gotta have the best dirt-cheap price. A few years ago, my daughter needed a new laptop and Best Buy had an incredibly priced one in their Sunday ad. Had everything on it that she needed, and the price was soooo loooowwww. It's about a week before her birthday, so this is like "meant to be" or something lame like that. Anyways, hubby and I are in the tech dept for all of about 30 second when we're pounced upon by a blue-shirt guy. We tell him we're looking for a laptop they have advertised. At this point, he appears to believe we're talking about one of the ultra-over-priced ones, and is practically drooling. Until I pull out the ad and point to the "one" we're there for. "Oh, that's a mis-print and it's the wrong advertised price." "Well, that's the one I want, so...." "We dont' have any of those in stock here at this store, but I can show you...blah...blah...blah." While walking us to one that is considerably (like $500) more. Me:"I'm really interested in this one in the ad, at the advertised price, so let's look in the system to see exactly which store has one in stock and how we can get it here." He says he'll need to find a manager and it may take a while because they are really busy. Me:" No problem---I have plenty of time." So about 15 minutes later (yep, we waited) here comes a manager who again explains that the ad is a mis-print and they don't even have any in-store. I'm not backing down, so she somewhat reluctantly says they can check other stores,w hich she does, and finds they do have one at XYZ store (about 45 miles away) which they can get to me in...TWO WEEKS. What the heck? They gonna strap it to mule, point it east and slap it's butt?? Guess so because I even offered to go pick it up myself but was told that in order to get it for the advertised price they would have to get it from XYZ store. Whatever. So I pay a ridiculously low price, collect my paperwork, and out we go to wait for two weeks. Buying it took about an hour, not toooo bad for Best Buy. But that was only the first leg of the journey. So I'm in my office one day a couple weeks later and get "the" phone call that the laptop is ready for pickup. YIPPEE!!! I head to BB right after work, sans husband, and go to the service desk, paperwork in hand. I explain to the little girl what I need and she takes my paperwork and starts looking. And looking. And looking. And finally she comes over to me and asks "Did someone call you?" Me:"Yes." Her: "Are you sure?" "Why yes as a matter of fact someone DID call me this afternoon." She says, "Oh." Turns around and goes over to two other guys who are working the service desk. Now, they are all looking at me like I've got three eyes or something. Here comes the first one, "Uh, ma'm, did someone actually call you?" Me: "yes. At about 2:30pm today." Him: "And are you sure they told you your laptop was ready to be picked up?" Me: "Yes. Is there a problem?" I'm getting impatient and concerned at this point. Him: "Oh, no, we're just trying to find it." Now there are three people looking for it, and again they gather and start whispering and looking at me, and the other customers in line are getting more restless by the minute. As am I. So they move me to another spot and start helping the other customers, which was probably a good move on their part. So now, here comes another manager, who also seems to doubt that I got a phone call. They can't find my laptop nor anything showing I was called. So now I'm getting a bit miffed because I do NOT like anyone implying that I'm anything less than truthful, especially when I've spent several hundred dollars at a store they represent. Me: "Yes, someone did actually call me to tell me that a laptop I purchased two weeks ago has arrived---a laptop that was in your ad that came out that very Sunday morning, even though you didn't have sufficient stock on hand. If I had NOT received a phone call today telling me the laptop was here, I can guarantee you that the very last place on Earth I would be standing is in front of you waiting for my laptop. The laptop that I have already paid for, that belongs to me, and that is in this very store this very minute, and without which I will not be leaving this store. You close at 10:00pm, correct?" A little over and hour had gone by since I came in, and I'd held my cool and been polite, but I was feeling the frustration big time. Suddenly, this gal shows up, some sort of manager, and she looks at my paperwork (which had been handed back to me at some point) and she nods and says, "well, if they say it's here, then it's here...so let's find it!" And off she goes to a storage room; she's gone about five minutes and out she comes with my laptop! I asked her where it was and she said it had been pushed back up behind everything else. She punches in some numbers in the register, tapes a receipt to the box, thanks me for my patience (how little did she know!) and apologized for the problems, and that was it. UNTIL i got to the door, and they want to stop me to make sure I'm not stealing something. 'Ma'm...ma'm....I need to check your purchase." Me:" You'll have to follow me out to my car then because I'm not stopping. I've spent plenty of time in this store this evening-- you can check your security tapes." ""Ma'm, it's store policy....." Me: "That's nice, but I don't work here." And I kept walking, vowing to never set foot in there again.

19. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heaing all these horror storys makes me glad I'm really not into electronics ,computers phones etc except for the minimum things I need to exist. My only dealing with BB was last year I bought a cheap 32 in. tv for a separate room. The kid talked me into spending $20 more for their house brand tv which has worked out fine.

20. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonderful! Loved it! I'm amazed that you actually did get the laptop as advertised. Way to stick it to the Best Man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.