1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

sterling brunch update

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by mcevene, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcevene

mcevene Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    anyone have any news about the reopening of the sterling brunch
    my research has found - no two people from various depterments can give you the same answer - "we don't have a sterling brunch anymore" "I am reading from a scripted page and it is not listed" "CET will make a press release prior to opening" "it's opening for easter, I think" "maybe mother's day but not sure" "did you check the BLT home web site, they might know"
    And the best of all - "have you tried the vegas message board, vegas chatter blog many times they have more current info then we do"
    Many sites have confirmend the sterling brunch will be back. My host says it will be back and he will let me know.

2. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice plug for VMB right there!!!

3. mcevene

mcevene Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BLT Steak Bally

Just made a reservation for mother day at 5 PM - was made through the CET restaurant reservation phone number. - they said it will open may 8.
    ask about a mother's day brunch and the person I talked to said their will be no brunch of any kind at BLT and that the sterling brunch is not returning. I hope it's just another mis informed person - you really never know until it happens. A week ago BLT did not even exist with some of the CET people I talked to (see my first post above) Oh I forgot to mention on how I knew they were takeing reservations - a friend of mine who lives in vegas heard it on a radio station he listens too.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What they have indicated in the past is that the Brunch will be back and in the BLT space. However, the impression I got was that BLT wouldn't be running the brunch and that will be done by the hotel.

5. mcevene

mcevene Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sterling brunch more update more confusing

just hopeing to get two matching answers - see my post above for this on going saga - To each person I talked to I mentioned my confirmation and where I got if from
    the newest - made reservations on open table (with confirmation number) for the sterling brunch mother's day may 11 at 11 am. Called: ballys, CET restaurant reservations and talked to someone at the TR desk at bally's, plus a consigner at BAllys - (I am sure I spelled that wrong)(just to see what they woud say. Surprise surprise no one knew anything. "their is no sterling brunch listed" "they can't give you a confirmation number as their in no brunch either by BLT or sterling, which is part of Bally's" "no their will be no brunch at that location on mother day" "open table is known for their mistakes, they took reservations for easter brunch at BLT when their was none." "what ever will happen with both the sterling brunch or a brunch at BLT will be announced later"
    Glad that months ago made reservation at the county club, which we love.

6. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am pleased to inform you that Sterling Brunch is scheduled to return when BLT Steak opens. However, we do not have a scheduled open date yet as construction has just begun. In the meantime, I have provided a list of alternatives for brunch while we are enhancing your Sterling Brunch experience.
    05/04/2014 01:03 PM

From Bally's today.

7. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Construction has just begun!!! Wow, they have been closed for a while and nothing has been done. I was hoping for the first week of June, so I guess we will have to go elsewhere

8. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Feel bad for all the workers that wanted to stay that were told ok but you'll have to wait around until we are built.

9. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BIG fans of Sterling Brunch.......we had res for April 13th.........on about April 8-10th they called us to say it was closed but please join us again when we reopen.......we knew it was a 85% chance that they would be closed from all the good info we read here............so we made back up plans for that day at Jasmines months ahead a time....and those plans saved our butts.........

When and IF the REAL Sterling Brunch every opens again is a crap shoot IMHO........so here's hoping for all us BS lovers. :)

10. hondo230

hondo230 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is an update.

Here's the definite answer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  11. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll wait until it really starts to get excited. Have had misinfo from Bally's on this and BLT already.

12. mcevene

mcevene Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BLT won't go back

Dinner on mother's day may 11 - dispointed and will not try it again
    short review - Pro's - chef's complament dishes, bread, service
    con's - long list - will write long trip report after we also try the new sterling brunch. A teaser - you do get a 2 1/2 lb main lobster but the only eatable part was the approx. 4 oz tail that was over cooked but the sauce was great. Had a better steak at Embers at the old IP for have the price and I would not compare the BLT steak to any of the other steak places as it does not deserve it. I have many other menue items to complain about.
    The waiter also said the sterling brunch will have the same name and ever better quality -

13. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anybody tried it since BLK?

14. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yea...there have been threads about it already

15. DiamondJim21

DiamondJim21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just went to the new Sterling Brunch at Bally's BLT steakhouse on Saturday, September 13. It was fantastic. I believe even better than the old location. I went for the lobster tails and champagne, but there is so much more that is great. Shrimp, crab claws, filet mignon, oysters on the half shell, king crab legs - - I could go on. Everything I sampled was very good. I enjoyed the caviar, which your waiter serves you from the kitchen. Our waiter was outstanding, I'm sorry I did not get his name. Really the entire wait staff was excellent. Champagne glasses always full, dishes cleared away promptly, always ready to bring out another dish from the kitchen, and interesting stories about old Vegas. Couldn't ask for more. To me, this place is a great value at the standard price of $90. With the Total Rewards card, it is $85, and then with the Total Rewards Visa the price is reduced another 5%. For now it is open on both Saturday and Sunday, but we heard that Saturday is sort of an experiment, so if you want to go on Saturday, you should go soon.

16. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man I hope the Saturday experiment lasts into December. We always leave early Sunday morning and have never been able to go to the Sterling Brunch, but we've always wanted to!

17. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the Saturday brunch and it was way better than the old sterling brunch. I was told October 20th would be the last Saturday brunch. It never caught on. What a shame. I love the big roomy tables. The lobster was cooked perfect. No more over cooked rubbery lobster. The hot Alaska king crab legs were huge.
    My waiter Tony cracked the crab for me to make it easy for me to get the meat. The lobster bisque and eggs Benedict's were perfect.

Attached Files:

18. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope that's not the case!

We were able to make reservations in December through the online booking app for a Saturday, but I'd better follow up with a phone call to confirm.

19. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did do a typo. Last date for Saturday is October 25th. It's a shame. I like Saturday brunch. Everyone has Sunday but not many Saturday options. From 9:30 to 12:30 there was only 6 tables.

20. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review and the pics...Can't wait to get back to the best brunch in Vegas!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.