1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What do you enjoy about Vegas Trip Reports?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Sep 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love details. I like seeing what people do, what they discover, how they do Vegas. I've gotten great ideas for Vegas from TRs that I might have otherwise missed.

2. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I'm not in Vegas, I live vicariously through the experiences of others. Often times the TR writer gives me ideas of places I want to see, eat, drink, or hang out.

3. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like getting ideas on where to go next time either to gamble, or eat. Already have some new ideas for my next trip thanks to some reviews. Getting ideas on new drinks to try is always good as well.

I figure since I get something from the reports, if I write one, someone might get the same in return.

4. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, going to Vegas has been a big part of my life since i moved to LA from Boston in 1976. Since 1977, i have been going to Vegas on a regular basis and will be again in November.

But the reason i don't really make TR's is because i don't do the things most people do like shows, fine dine, get drunk, stay in penthouses, etc.

I do read the TR's other people gather every day. I like to hear about what they did or didn't like about Vegas, perhaps answering questions they might have or even i might have etc.

Vegas has been good to me, not really monetarily but that's the point. I still get excited knowing that in another few short weeks, i'll once again be traveling on the i10-i15 highway, listening to Carlota at noon, and seeing Vegas in the distance just over the hill. The view has changed since "77, but the feeling inside my gut upon seeing Vegas for the first time and in the future, has and will never change.

I've been reading TR's since alt.vacations.las-vegas came aboard back in prehistoric times.

5. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :poke: :poke: :poke:

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am appreciative of any and all trip reports. Although I have to agree, if it has the word "Live" in it - I will most likely skip it. I want to sit down and read it all the way through. More often then not, live trip reports mean you spend your time reading comments from everyone else.

7. easystreet57

easystreet57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VMB trip reports have become an extension of the Vegas experience and in some ways have enhanced each trip.

Before;

Reading the accounts of others provides so much information on a “tell it as it is” flavor, both good and bad, as to arm you with inside information you won’t get on any tourist site.

During;

It makes me somewhat of an “experience reporter” in that while enjoying our visit, the recording mode of my head is in play, noticing and observing our experiences. Reading and writing TRs has made me more observant, more informed, curious and to some degree more adventurous while in Vegas.

After;

Writing and posting the report is the best part. I always keep a copy of what I wrote as a printed record to go with the photos, a picture and a” thousand words” too! There lives a storyteller in all of us, we just need someone to tell it to. That’s where the VBM comes in. It is such a great outlet for stories of Vegas which I sure you know, don’t always find an audience back home. I‘ll tell my stories to receptive ears (or I guess, actually eyes) on the VBM.
    Thanks for being there everyone!

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually enjoy 'em all. I love people sharing their fun times with us. I don't care much for the ones that push their personal "agenda"... you know "downtown's great, the strip sucks"... "old people rule, clubbers are ruining society", "if they build another place to shop, I'm gonna quit coming to Vegas."... but those are few and far between. Most people just like to share their trip and I sure enjoy reading about it!

9. Hawaiianmark

Hawaiianmark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well said. Agree!

10. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love to read Trip Reports. If I have to work to hard to read it...days between posts, LIVE reports that start 3 days before the trip, one large paragraph...I will lose interest quickly. I can learn things from high rollers and non-gamblers alike. Myself I am totally middle of the road with hotel choices and low end on the food scale...so I read those closely. I think there is room on the board for everyone.

11. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like reading TRs …
    • to ascertain things to do/avoid in future trips;
    • to giggle or groan at people's exploits;
    • to swoon over some of the photos;
    • to vicariously enjoy Las Vegas.

12. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the "I love to read ALL reports" category.

I like the tips and info I can use during upcoming trips from the people that seem to play at my level.

I like hearing how the high rollers do Vegas.

I like to hear about the adventures others have.

Keep the TRs coming :beer:

13. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's right Flushiepants....I am talking to you!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hoping that writing mine will help me remember my trip.

15. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy reading the joys, happiness, frustration, delights, and excitement of Vegas through the eyes of the writer. Everyone experiences Vegas in a different way and I enjoy reading about what makes the writer love Vegas.

It can be the gambling, the shows, the food, or the sights. Most times I love reading about simple things: strolls down the Strip in early morning, little hole-in-the-wall places with great food, watching the Bellagio fountains with your significant other.

I love reading about the heart-stopping wins or the despair of a loss after deciding to go for the glory. It doesn't have to be huge bets, it's the excitement of gambling that is portrayed through the writer that entertains me.

And I absolutely enjoy the people watching antics through the eyes of the writer. I feel like I'm there with them! :thumbsup::beer:

16. wizard950

wizard950 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoy getting other people's insights and opinions of everything Vegas, be it hotel rooms, service, gambling, etc. I really and truly enjoy looking at the pictures people provide, it put me right there. And finally, I enjoy the reports and pictures from our very High Roller friends. It is a status I'll never reach and I very much appreciate that they take the time to share their trips with us.

Thanks everyone who takes the time to create a trip report. :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.