1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Back to back comp offers? Orleans/Gold Coast

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by 1LuckyMomma, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just made flight reservations and I'm going to take advantage of a 2 night comp at Orleans. I need one more night and I have a comp offer at the Gold Coast. Can I use them back to back?

I'm assuming credit holds will go on my card for both hotels at $100 each?

2. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have booked back to back comps before with no problem. Not positive on the credit holds but don't think any charges go to your card until you check in.

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going in December, my 2 nighter at GC and my wife's two nighter at Orleans....same credit card and yes they put a hold on it when you get there for whatever that we are never charged for. I could have used mine @ Orleans but saved it for SB in February so we used hers and + she will get some free play out of it.

In October I am using California offer and moving to Orleans for 2 nights as well and no problem there just same with cc. Good luck!!

4. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just another confirmation: I've used back-to-back offers at all seven Boyd/Coast Vegas properties for many years with no problems, and will be doing so again next month.

5. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll top that...Ive got a room at almost every Boyd property in Vegas, for our wedding weekend.
    The only thing that is connected, as far as Boyd goes, is Cal/MSS/Fremont.
    The rest are individual properties with marketing departments that don't mix. (unlike Mlife or CET)

6. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just spent almost 3 weeks straight hopping between Boyd properties using comp room offers. I didn't spend a dollar on hotel rooms. If you have an offer you can use it, the only restrictions are 72 hours between comp stays at the same hotel and room availability.

7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in June at Sams Town on a comp and they let me give a $100 bill for incidentals which they gave back when I checked out. I have a small credit limit on my card and didn't want it tied up. You may also ask to have the hold waived if you tell them you don't want to be able to charge food and stuff to your room.

8. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Thank you all for the info. I'm booking Gold Coast for one night. I've stayed there before and wasn't impressed but that was several years ago. We'll get in late and leave early the next morning anyway. Free is free!

9. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, in other words, it probably didn't do me any good to email the Orleans and ask them if they could just comp the 3rd night so we could stay there the whole time instead of moving?

10. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then again – you have nothing to lose by asking. Rather than email, however, I suggest calling the Orleans and asking if they'll match the GC's offer. It sure beats waiting on an email that may never come. At any rate, it's relatively fast and easy to get to GC from the Orleans and most of the rooms (probably all by now) have been remodeled … much improved.

11. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 2 nights booked @ GC (Oct. 28-29), using the Oct free night offer, that incuded FP and food.
    I needed one more day, Monday, Oct. 27, so had booked Orleans for that day.

However, I do not like staying anywhere for just one night, as it's a hassle.

GC did have the Oct Halloween Tourney, which DID include all 3 nights I needed.
    But, then I would not get the FP or food comp.

From my last stay in late Aug., I got an email from host, Edwin Lau, thanking me, etc...

I emailed him yesterday am, and got a response that afternoon, for the Mon night comped.

It pays to ask sometimes.

(I am high end Sapphire level, and hope to become Emerald this upcoming trip in late Oct)

Halloween week trip: Oct. 27-29 Gold Coast ; Oct. 30-Nov 2 MSS

12. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I have booked my two free nights at Orleans Feb 27 and 28. The March offers are not available yet. I do need two more nights. I am travelling with my Mom who usually gets the same offers I do. If we get the two night free offer for March, I guess I will have to book on her card? Will they allow us to stay in the same room??

13. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure, let them know at check in that the reservations need to be linked. Just remember they will check you and and her in on the 28th so if you have any room charges on the first reservation, they will be handled then and not at the end of the trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.