1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

short term leasing for cars

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by freddywill, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know anywhere where you can lease a car for a short period of time, such as a month and a half or so? thanks

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not a lease and it wouldn't be cheap, but the car rental companies do long term rentals. I did a quick search on Priceline and Budget could do an economy car for 45 days for around $1400 ($18/day.) Of course, check with the rentals companies website directly as they sometimes run monthly specials too.

3. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What city do you need it in?

4. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las Vegas, northwest side.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, thats kinda high for me, I'll check around.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enterprise is big on longer rentals. The local stores often deal with cars being repaired, etc.

Some of the local Hertz stores do half of what the airport charges.

6. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Contact a few rental car locations and ask them if they can help you out with a good long-term rate.

7. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not making any assumptions, but maybe checking with your employer to see if they have a relationship with any rental agencies. I would assume longer term corporate rates could be better and you might be able to get in on those.

8. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weekly rentals are about $150 on a full size. $150 x 6 weeks = $900. I'm assuming you can get the weekly rate and keep it for 6 weeks.

9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would contact the actual local offices directly, speak with management there and try to negotiate something. It's something that's possible for sure, they do short term leases or long term rentals depending on how you look at it. The question is cost. I would try to get it down under $500 maximum otherwise it wouldn't be worth it to me. I'd drive my own car to Vegas instead of flying there. So, calculate your expenses in flying there vs driving if that's an option for you and compare that to whatever deal they offer you at the rental office. I'm pretty sure you could get some kind of deal by calling them directly though.

Also, try to get the cost further down by being able to take the insurance waiver. That adds up in a big hurry. Call your car insurance company and/or credit card company and see what they offer. I pay a little extra for my car insurance for a car rental rider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.