1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Four queens in november

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Dewey090, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been waiting to book 3 nights in November on my usual monthly mailers, but none seemed to come for November. So, I called.
    For the first time ever I got a host who was inept.
    She told me that she could see I should get a November mailer, but could not book the codes because she did not have them.
    After I worked that question into the conversation a few different ways, she went away and came back, and someone must have told her how to book me.
    That was good. When I am down in Florida in the winter, I never get postcards, so for any spring trip I always book the mailing offers through a host.

The D has a much simpler system. Reservations always knows what mailer I received, so I don't need the postcard or codes. Just my name. I don't play at much there, so I generally get just the 2 for 1, but that makes for 4 cheap nights since the D doesn't charge the resort fee on comp offers, even for the paid nights.

My 4Q November offer was reduced from 3 to 2 nights. Well, it was if the inept host got that part right. The third night cost only $25 even though I go in on a Thursday. That was good. I count on the Four queens to cover a weekend in October and another in November and build my trip around that.

I got a letter about the new 4 Queens comp dollar program and in the letter they gave me $40 comp dollars "to get started," so for this trip the rooms are still free as the comp dollars cover the $25 for the third night. She argued that the $40 was freeplay when I explained I would use my comp dollars to pay for the room. Someone must have heard her and told her she was wrong, and she corrected herself.
    I must have gotten some new host.
    Every other time when I don't get a mailer on time (or at all) I just arrange things through one of the hosts.
    The way I figure it, the comp dollar program will make up for the fewer nights offered for free in the mailers. I did not see a reduction in freeplay.
    I wonder if the comp dollar program eats away at the cashback we used to get.

Hard to tell if for me the changes amount to tightening up or not. Jean Scott says that the 4 Queens has been so generous for so long that we probably should not complain about a bit of tightening up on freebies. That makes sense. I'll have to see if after all is said and done it makes much of a difference. I'll be curious to see how many comp dollars are generated by my play this next trip. I'll be interested to see if we can use them for food and still get the Magnolia's specials of the day.

Mostly I have to see if I actually get to go. I'm all planned, but I still might have to cancel or modify.
    Still, fine to be booked and ready and hopeful. Especially since my 24 nights of hotel rooms will cost me (with fees and taxes) on average, $9.70 a night.

2. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you get to go.
    I will be interested to see what your conclusions are about the changed comp system.

3. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going in October staying at the 4 Queens 9th to the 11th on an old offer. If I figure anything out with the new system, I will post.

4. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dewey, when are you planning to be there? I'm checking into 4Q on 10/30 for 2 nights and then MSS for two nights. I was thinking about 4Q for the whole time but I think 4Q requires a gap between stays. Regardless, I will be plugging away at the 10/7 DB machines for hours on 10/31 and 11/1.

5. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks to me that more of the downtown properties are watering down their comp mailer offers. We have seen it at Main Street Station for sure. I used to always get monthly offers from MSS for 4 free "anytime" nights, $50 in free play, and two $20 dining coupons. And even though my daily average coin-in has not dropped at all, my offers now come with only 3 free anytime nights, NO free-play, and two $15 dining coupons. When the 4 free nights dropped to 3 free nights, my host went ahead and personally comped the 4th night ... until I booked our November trip, when I was told I would have to PAY for the 4th night.

Me thinks the "bean-counters" in the back office are cutting back more & more on the freebies, even though I'm still playing the same ....

6. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm booked at the Four Queens for October 28-29-30-31- and Nov 1. I'll be playing those VP those days at least for some amount of time if I make it. Oh, I learned that if you use a mailer for some nights and a host comp for others there is no problem booking back to back. No guarantee on rooms, however. But generally I've not had to check in check out.

7. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. Well, if I'm really not making much on the math, I'll probably reduce my play. I overplay at the Four Queens now because they overcomp. Makes sense if the play is over 100% mathematically, even if my own play will include errors that take me down a peg from optimum play. MSS stopped giving me much. I stopped playing for more than a beer or two at the Boar's Head Bar. That comp really increases the EV for slight play.

8. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are interested in eating free, I have more upfront comps than I can use given that I am traveling solo this trip.. I'd be happy to treat you to a meal at Magnolia's if you are interested. I'm an extreme bargain hunter as well :poke:

9. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks MWig. I might take you up on that. I'll know closer to the time.

10. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Figures, you're getting there the week after me. I haven't seen any mailers for the last quarter either yet. But, then again, I need to check my apartment mail. I'd love a letter saying that I get another $40. That'd be $100 in free money total from them.

11. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My downtown offers have been reduced and I've been more time this year than any other year. matchplays and promo chips have been lowered and the D went from 4 nights free to 2 nights free. In some ways I expected the D to begin to change their approach because of the new crowd that is there, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. when it was the Fitz it was a dump, but I was guaranteed free room, food, and an open BJ table..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.