1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas pool question...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by DoctorPong, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoctorPong

DoctorPong Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    *Visiting Vegas for the first time 10/16/14* Flamingo

Fellow Vegas going friends... I Am planning a bit of pool hopping on one of my day in Vegas. My question is should I look into a pool pass of some kind? I'd like to experience a few locations. obviously you can't just show up at a hotel and use the pool/ bar. Or can you?? I just figure there is a charge to enter the pool area.

cosmopolitan, Caesars, Aria, Mandalay Bay, Golden Nugget, Wynn are all pools I'd like to go to. Just me and the mates so no families to keep things PG

2. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars just find a room key. All you do is flash it and you're in.

If you can't find one, go through the conference center, up the escalators, all the way down to the other side, down those escalators, then to the end of that hall and exit the doors on the left. It spits you out next to the bar at the pool. They may or may not have security posted there.

3. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Typically hotel pools are for guests only. There are exceptions in that SOME hotels have adults only party pools that you can pay a cover charge to get in to.

I could be wrong but the above is my understanding.

4. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at Caesars over Labor Day weekend. I saw security turning away someone with a room key from Paris and a Diamond Card...........they were told only with a 7 stars card.

5. unlvrobo

unlvrobo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Local here who pool hops for free

These are the hotel pools I can get in for free

Wynn:::: find the cafe and walk out to the patio to the pool

Golden nugget:::: tell security you are going to gamble , walk towards table games at pool and security won't bug you after that

Caesars:::: tell pool girl you are there to at black jack

Mandalay::: if you have a four seasons room key you will be let in
    Available on eBay for $3.00

Venetian::: tell security you are going to canyon ranch spa or wolf gang picks restaurants riva or solerno

Any pool or night club with gambling has to let you in if you tell them you are there to gamble

6. Googleboots

Googleboots Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go to the Rio, you can go to the pool with just a CET card. 4 pools including a day club(with cover) 2 hot tubs, sand "beach" for the kids.

Also if you want to hit a pool late at night, Hooters has one of the only 24hr pools on the strip. There's a security guy outside but just act like you're staying there, say hi to him and grab a towel. I've never been asked for a key. Some people shy away from Hooters because they say it's too dirty, but when you get a good buzz on and just want to go relax in a jacuzzi at 1:30am, you' likely won't find a better place.

7. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, this brings up a good point. NRS 463.0129 (e) states: "To ensure that gaming is conducted honestly, competitively and free of criminal and corruptive elements, all gaming establishments in this state must remain open to the general public and the access of the general public to gaming activities must not be restricted in any manner except as provided by the Legislature."

Basically that means if there's gambling in a club, restaurant, pool area, etc... the operator must let you in to that area without restriction. That means they can't charge you cover or ask you for a room key... and you don't have to gamble. You can simply observe and then it's well within your right to be there.

So, are there any clubs or pool parties that charge a cover but have gaming activities at the pool party? Sounds like a great way to beat a cover charge and get access to some restricted places that have gaming activities.

8. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The middle of October is the end of pool season. You might get lucky and have nice pool weather or it might be cool and windy. Lots of pools start to slow down. MB will start to close down some of their pools as the crowds decrease. You can't just show up and use the pool but as it's not prime pool season it might be a lot easier to sneak into the pool areas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.