1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report -The Mirage - 09/22 - 09/25

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Scottndindy, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

My Trip Report

Hoping to update this trip report live soon after it starts but I will outline the plans for my trip which should begin tomorrow afternoon. This will be a solo trip and my 4th trip of 2014. I had points for a free flight so I booked a direct flight on Southwest with a 2:50 Arrival at McCarran. I did the early bird check-in so should have no problem getting an Aisle seat. I haven't booked a return flight yet but will probably do so Tuesday or Wednesday depending on how the trip is going.

I made the following requests of my host. I requested a tower room, VIP lounge check-in, and airport transportation. I confirmed by phone yesterday that this is setup. I'm not sure at what point Food & Beverage gets offered on the front end. My past trip my host took care of all food/beverage. I had bounced around several hosts at the Mirage until I got hooked up with my present host. Several trips ago he was recommended by one of the table supervisors that I have gotten to know pretty well. If anyone is looking for a host I recommend talking to dealers or pit personnel. The table supervisor was able to tell me which hosts were good, bad, generous, communicates well, etc.

My main games are pai gow tiles, baccarat, and blackjack. I have a total trip budget of 15K. For this trip I will consolidate the majority of my play at Mlife properties. The Mirage baccarat room doesn't get much play. For this reason I will probably take my baccarat play to Bellagio or Aria. For baccarat I prefer to be at a table with 2-3 other players. When I play blackjack I prefer to play alone at the table. I generally have no problem finding this at the Mirage. Tiles is really hit or miss on the other players. I sometimes can feel a bit of hostility from other players when playing the game.

If any other players are in town and want to meet up I am definitely up for a gambling session, drinks, or partying at the pool.

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck!! Look forward to your updates!!!

3. buttnugget

buttnugget Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Say hi to Curt at the tiles table for me! Good luck!!

4. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Will do buttnugget. Curt is a great dealer and is very personable. If you ever want to hear some cool stories his wife deals at Aria and deals some crazy High Roller action. Curt will tell you all about it.

5. buttnugget

buttnugget Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, Debbie, Curt's wife, doesn't deal anymore due to some health issues. He can fill you in. Curt is the best dealer in Vegas as far as my money goes. (Unfortunately it doesn't go far with Curt. He's brutal!!) He'll know me as John the doctor from NC. Good luck!!

6. jhair

jhair Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Scott, I'm just north of you in Lebanon. By any chance is your host also named Scott? He has been ours the last couple of years and seems to treat us pretty good. Good luck on your trip!

7. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Nope. I use F.R.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  8. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Made it into Vegas. Flight went off without a hitch. Mirage limo driver picked me up and we made a quick stop at chase bank to get gambling funds. I was worried they were going to give me a hassle but it went surprisingly smooth. Got checked in the VIP lounge. Limo driver had radioed me in so keys were ready. Host also added an upfront food credit. Bonus. After checking in changed clothes and walked the strip a bit. Whenever I arrive in Vegas I always enjoy a little walk to take in the sights. Never gets old. Stopped in for an early dinner at guy fieris kitchen. I'll give an update after eating on how it is.

9. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck and have fun!

10. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! I noticed your arrival time...I'm booked on that same flight in a week :thumbsup:

11. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:

Lets hit the Baccarat tables at Aria and MGM. I'll be there tomorrow.

12. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me know if/when/where this happens. I've been meaning to try baccarat since reading all the TR s on this site

13. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Dinner:Ate dinner at Guys Kitchen last night. I had the mac and cheese bacon cheeseburger. The waitress said it was their signature item. It was a solid burger but I wouldn't make a special trip to go get it again. One thing I did notice is that service was Excellent. Everyone that works there seems cheerful and seem to care that your meal is going well.

Night 1: Gambling for night one occurred at the Mirage and across the street at Harrahs. At the Mirage I played Tiles and Blackjack. Tiles I averaged around 350/hand and walked away up about 1100. Started out down about 1500 but managed to dig my way back to a profit. Biggest hand I had was betting 1K and got gong/pair. Blackjack I was spreading between 200 to 500 per hand and I walked away up 600. The cards were coming out really well but unfortunately I couldn't convert on my splits and doubles. If I hit even a few of them I would have walked away up a few grand. I walked through the baccarat room multiple times and the room was dead all night. On the Mlife site I see that my tier credits have jumped 13K points so that would correlate to a theo of 433.

I also played across the streets at Harrahs. Not sure why but I seem to have an affinity for playing here. The easy walk from Mirage is also a plus. At tiles I went up 1500. After tiles I tried out their new high limit area. I played their double deck game despite it being H17. Cards were generally favorable and I went up 2000 pretty quick. This was the end of the evening so decided to lock in the win and call it a night. While their high limit room is a nice update from what they previously had there are little to no amenities available that you find in a traditional high limit room.

Day 1 Conclusion:
    Up 5200

14. Charlie8

Charlie8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice run. Keep it up

15. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good start to the trip!

16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great start, keep it up!

17. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice little hit, keep it going. Take some pics of the HL areas if you can. I need some euphoric recall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.