1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lost & Found?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Piggylane, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stay in hotels over 200 nights per year and scour them for goodies (and nasties) that others have left and the maids have missed. Do you and what have you found?

Here's a sampling:

A half eaten tuna sub stuffed into the couch at the Orleans. Noticed this a day after I arrived. The smell clued me in. I got a new comped room.

A new digital camera in a safe at Paris! No pictures on it. I turned it in to Security. A year later they actually sent it to me as no one claimed it.

Chinese Renmibi (money) under the seat in a Hertz rental car. Worth about $2

A wad of Euros, over 500 of them, behind a cushion at Palazzo. Best find ever.

Lots of coins in couches. I look there all the time now after the tuna sub incident :grrr:

Three wallets. One at Luxor, Tropicana and Paris. All turned in with all the cash and cards. Ma brought me up better than that.

$400 under a slot seat at Imperial Palace. Was that yours? I gave half to charity.

So, what have you found or are you oblivious?

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never thought to look, other than a quick check for my stuff before I leave and check out.
    Do you check the couches in the lobbies and lounges or just in your room?

Oblivious for me.

3. Piggylane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just the rooms!

I also look down in parking lots and sidewalks. Yeah, I'm that dude picking up pennies! I bet I score $50 a year (I donate way more than that to local folks who find themselves in trouble. Not drug addicted bums though.)

4. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I guess ?......oblivious.
    I think I've found more stuff - as I'm packing up to leave -
    I mean besides obvious stuff like leftovers in the portable fridge.
    I was with my wife -packing up to leave Venetian.
    I checked between the mattress + headboard ---
    pulled out a vibrator + c---ring - UNOPENED, in container it was bought in........thank god !

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not quite the hotel visitor that you are (50-60 nighst a year), but still get around. I've only found a crack-pipe (it was used, but empty) at the Orleans... up where the iron is... when I went to iron my shirt and I found a $25 chip in the back of the in-room safe at the Hard Rock. I suppose given your track-record, I should be a little more diligent and lookin' around better!

6. KnotGillty

KnotGillty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Found a diamond in the room safe at Venetian. Looked as if it fell out of a ring.

7. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lat trip i Found a 50 cent coin on top of the safe at flamingo

8. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just stayed at flamingo and found someone's dirty shirt hidden underneath the window curtain. I kicked it into the corner since I didn't want to touch it

9. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife found a crumpled $100 bill on the floor of the plane when we flew home in July. She was sitting in her seat getting settled and tucking her personal item under the seat in front of her. We figured it was our last win for that trip.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  10. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always look in all the drawers and under the bed. I don't want to find out I've been sleeping above a dead body. I remember watching a TV documentary once of a mattress being stuffed with a body. The only thing I ever found was around $20 worth of change in the nightstand drawer. I don't remember where. And also some animal feces behind the bedroom trash can, but that wasn't in Vegas.

11. Piggylane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reading these so far I'm not surprised at how much money is left behind. When I leave a room, as I did this morning in Albuquerque, I go counte clockwise, checking everything and turning on every light. I never leave anything behind.

Treasure hunts are the fun part of traveling. Maybe. I don't unpack until my hunt is done. I've found personal protein on surfaces and brown stuff on walls. I generally find another hotel, after ripping the manager a new one. Happens maybe once every five years.

Windy here in Los Alamos. No goodies or surprises in the room!

12. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never really checked...but I think I will begin doing so now!

I cracked up at thinking of finding a tuna sub ("eww Alan, did you just eat sofa pizza" came to mind) and about the crack pipe

13. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can only think of 3 things I've found in a room.

1. Someone's dirty sock under the curtains. No tips for housekeeping that stay.
    2. An old silver dime in the wall safe.
    3. A piece of chocolate cake on top of the TV cabinet. It still looked good :licklips:

14. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way am I running my hands between dirty couch cushions for some change or subs or whatever. Lucky if i SIT on the couch lol

15. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :haha: Me too! I don't dig around, but I do look. I usually find gross things on check out when I'm making sure the dog didn't hide anything under the bed or whatever. It may be better that I don't know because I'm easily grossed out in hotels. I just try not to think about people who drooled on the pillow I'm sleeping on. :vomit:

I found food in the fridge before in Vegas. A sock or two. Only once did I find money and it was only $5 in the "hotel info book" in the room.

I do always look in the safe in the hopes that someone leaves a donation to my bankroll. No luck yet. :wink2:

16. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several years ago when we were packing up for home, while removing our stuff from the room safe, we found the contents from a previous guest's wallet: credit card, Blockbuster card, insurance card, etc. Didn't notice it when we put our stuff in the safe. Called Security and they said to leave everything in the safe and they would take care of it.

17. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once I found a pair of girl's panties in a room in Vegas. Too damn bad she wasn't with me when she left them. Or maybe not? Another time I found about $10.00 worth of change in a drawer at the Rio. I left it for housekeeping.

18. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lost way more than I found. Actually haven't found anything.

What was the result of the euros? Did you keep those or turn them in?

19. karlmonday

karlmonday Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not in Vegas but in L A , I saw what I thought were candles on the carpet near the bed. I looked closely and could see a marking that continued under the bed. To my delight, when I moved the bed there was a pentagram drawn on the carpet.

I was moved to another room and refunded my nights stay.

20. MadMike55

MadMike55 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found a towel, dildo, and a bottle of used lube between the pillow and headboard. The dildo had dust stuck to it...who knows how long it was there...I threw up a little. I called housekeeping, but they only removed it and didn't comp the room. I've never stayed at Monte Carlo since!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.