1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just got my IPhone 6

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by broncofn, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am an android user besides my ipad. Love how thin the phone is and size of the screen. Im used to the interface but not sure if I like it since im used to the samsung phones. For instance, im trying to make my fonts bigger automatically when I open websites but dont know how yet. Im still playing around with it and trying to get used to it.

I didnt activate it yet and dreading going to the sprint store to have all my contacts etc transferred over. Im sure it will be a madhouse.

Anyone else convert from android to apple with any tips? And how did you like it?

2. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was the Droid 2 i think user until July. Then I got the iphone 4. Has a few plusses, but not sure it was worth all the hype for it.

3. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the iPhone 4 is now four years old so it's understandable that you aren't that excited with it. As for the OP, did you get the 6 or the 6 Plus?

4. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still using my samsung s3. Trying to decide between this iPhone and a samsung s5. Hope I get used to it but once I like something, I tend to stick with it.

5. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the 6.

6. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a Samsung GS2 and went to the iPhone 5s last year. I am happy with the iPhone. The transfer went fine, except my photos. I am sure they could have transferred them but didn't ask. All my contacts transferred just fine. I want the 6 but will probably wait until my contract is up, because I'm not paying $900 for a phone...

7. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My 6 was delivered today. Husband activated it while I was at work and I like it ! I've had the Edge,4,and 5 now 6

8. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got the regular 6 in the mail today. Loving the screen size although I'm not sure how the 6 Plus would fit in any pocket. The iPhone 6 is lighter than my 5 which is also nice.

9. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking of switching to the iPhone also just because of my iPads and apps.

All this waiting for the new Apple products, when sticking with android I can get the latest and greatest release every two years.

10. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is one of the main reasons I switched phones. I had an android tablet, then bought an iPad. Loved it, and when I switched to the iPhone, loved it even more.

11. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Four entire years? Like nearly half a decade? When I change to something new, it's either because I can't fix the old one any more or I need - really need- a feature on the new one. It's a telephone, not the Grand Canyon. It's supposed to be functional, not exciting.

So now we know, if there was any doubt, who's the old poop on this board!

12. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does this bad boy still fit in a shirt pocket?

Does the even bigger badder boy still cram in a shirt pocket?

I may have to trade in my knock-off piPhone 3.14.

13. Kickin

Kickin Flea

You're still going to pay the $900 for the phone either way. Honestly with all the talk about shady $25 resort fees on here its amazing how Apple and other smartphone makers can advertise things like saying the lowest price iPhone 6 is $199, when its really $650. The $199 is just your downpayment and you're paying the rest in installments. Its like a BMW dealer advertising the cost of a new 740Li at only $5000 because that's the down payment if you finance it. Even worse, the press keeps repeating it and many people do believe that is their price.

I have the iPhone 5 and am thinking of going the other way, switching to an Android phone. I am just getting a bit tired of being locked into the Apple ecosystem and the restrictive nature of iOS. My main issue is all my music, I don't know how easily it will transfer to an Android phone since some of it was bought on iTunes. I say this but will probably upgrade to the 6 as well, I'll wait a while though in case there are any kinks in this first release.

broncofn, there is no way to have fonts automatically increase when you open a website. You can have larger fonts universally by going into the Accessibility options under Settings but not just for certain apps. You have to either double tap on the section you want bigger or pinch and zoom. I'm sure you'll like the iPhone but you will probably find you can do less with it than you can do with your Android. As far as contacts I'm surprised you still store them locally. You should just sync it with either Google, Outlook, iCloud, etc. so you'll never need to worry about transferring them over. Plus its just easier because whenever you change/add/remove a contact somewhere it will update everywhere.

14. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's next? If the directions for posting photos were written for regular people, I would [post a neat photo here.

15. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the Sony Z3 compact. The release date is soon. I have the Z1 compact right now, great phone. I never got an iphone because 8/10 people in a room will have the same exact phone.

However, iphones are really nice. I was considering it, but decided to go with an Android.

16. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bronco,
    you don't have to go to the store to transfer your contacts. As long as all your contacts are on your gmail account, you need to add your gmail to the phone as an exchange account and not as a standard gmail account. It will import your contacts and calendar. (google it, they show you what you info you need and server info).
    I have a galaxy s4 for my personal phone and an iPhone 5s for my work phone. It definitely takes time to get used to. Just don't give up right away. Its weird how you don't have menu, back button on the bottom when you switch to the iphone. Good luck on the new phone.

17. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People just don't get it. They DO pay for the phone either outright, or with higher service plans. The phone company DOES not pay for it anymore.

check MacRumors.com if you want to see this beaten up pretty bad

18. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thnx for the info!! I will take a look at how to do it when I get home.

19. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a iPhone 4S, loved it, went to a Samsung Galaxy 3S, hated it, went to an iPhone 5, and was like meh. Reason for dislike of the Samsung and iPhone 5 were the same- battery life. I am pretty sure my iPhone 5 was one of the ones that has been recalled, and my wife now has it. I currently have the HTC One M8 and it has turned into my favorite phone. Love the front facing speakers and there is a spot in tools where I could transfer my iTunes songs, which is pretty cool.

20. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love my samsung s3 and thats part of the reason why im not sure if i would like the iphone 6. Still havent activated the iphone and still have time to decide if i want to keep it.

If i dont keep the iphone, i will probably go to the samsung s5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.