1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

More Weirdos At My Job

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe Strummer, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I work in a public building - I take care of it.
    Yesterday,
    A woman who I see almost everyday ( she uses a public
    computer + likes to dance while she's sitting + listening to music....I think ? )
    well ....she hands me an envelope w/ my name written on it.
    I didn't know she knew my name ?........not a good sign.
    I'm carrying a ladder so I just put it in my pocket + go.
    I open it later........
    It's a Christmas card.
    :eek:
    What ?
    A Christmas card on September 17th.
    :eek:
    What ?
    This morning.
    I'm the only one in the building.
    A little old lady.....gotta be 80 yrs old ?
    ( there is an AARP driver's class today..........starts in an hour ...in a hour ! )
    She rings the doorball.
    I see her thru the sliding glass door.
    I stop what i'm doing.
    As soon as she's done ringing the bell -- she POUNDS like holy hell
    on the sliding glass doors -- to the point the doors are bending in !
    I thought they were gonna break !
    I ran to the door...opened it....and yelled at her "CALM DOWN !!"
    "You're breaking the doors.....you'll get in.....calm down."
    She just looked at me.
    "Third floor...take that elevator." ...and i left.
    Sorry......but I'm glad as hell I yelled at her.
    My boss would have given the "always be courteous to the public" lecture.:Þ
    Baloney !
    The old broad couldn't wait 10 seconds for the door.
    I've never seen anybody ( not even the rowdy teens - bang on that door like that ! )
    Is there a full moon ?
    "Another 24 hours in my paradise.":wave:
    "Let's see.?......when's my next Vegas trip ?"

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, we've got a guy who listens to music on his droid with headphones and sings along to himself (off key) much louder than he probably realizes. Nobody has said anything. :)

3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think some religions celebrate Christmas around this time of year, maybe that explains the card.

4. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the guys who collects my trash, has an exact replica Adolf Hitler mustache, and the matching aryan tattoos. He also has the crazy eyes to go with the stache. One time he didn't properly secure the lid on the can, it ended up in the middle of the street where it got run over and ruined. I thought for a moment about telling him/ complaining to him about it. But i figured discretion was the better part of valor, I just bought another can instead-lol.

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In poker they say that if you can't spot the sucker at the table then you're the sucker. Wonder if that applies to work because we have any weirdos at my work. We had one, but we fired him.

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a secretary who would speak loudly into the phone. People close to her knew about her troubled son, her wayward daughter who always needs money. It was funny because we regularly heard clapping and laughing and singing from her cubicle, apparently she was watching tv shows at work. Dumb that she didn't use headphones, everyone knew how hard she "worked" and she didn't stay very long with us.

We have another nut, we had a recycle box in the back of our office, by the bathrooms. Nobody really claimed the recycle stuff (guess the janitors were taking it) so many of us just took the cans in for our own recycling. All of a sudden there is a sign on the box "property of the department rec club". Our department head came out with a memo that the recycle stuff in the box are the property of the department, that the city ethics office will be filing charges against anyone who takes cans from the box and could be cause for termination, that they have been reviewing the security cameras to catch the culprits who were taking the recycle cans, etc. It is estimated that they make at most $15 a month from the recycles (300 cans at most at 5cents a can). That nutjob will be retiring at the end of the year, nobody I know will be handling the recycling for the department, it was a total waste of time for the dept head to "strong arm" the staff since he won't do the recycling and nobody else will.

Our department head is another one. He is gay and is willing to spend a lot of money on glass dry erase boards with back lighting in all conference rooms (cost over $2K for each of them, cost of regular dry erase boards is probably less than $100 or $200). He made the department spend $2000 for xmas tree lights that can be computerized and programmed to light in different patterns. He made the whole department buy new furniture, including new chairs because the current stuff didn't go with his "office scheme". The list goes on and on. Unfortunately he won't approve overtime for us to come in on a weekend to perform annual disaster recover testing, nor will he approve giving us mileage reimbursement to drive to the disaster recover site 100 miles away, says that we have to watch our budget and spending (?). This guy's priority is all screwy.

I have a Dilbert day to day calendar and I love it because a lot of what goes on with Dilbert also goes on in our office. Our dept. head is the pointy head boss.

7. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those of you reading this that don't know who the weirdo in the office is ?.......................Well then - its most likely you

8. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I'm afraid of.

9. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that little old lady reminds me of the Sienfeld episode where Granny bounces a check and gets up at 3:30 am to go to the bank.

No reason to go home yet.
  10. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my industry, if you are worthless out in the field, and no crew wants you, then the company makes you a boss. they make up a title, along the lines of "executive in charge of bullshit."

We have a saying out in the field pertaining to bosses: "We get the job done, not because of you, but in spite of you."

I know it's not in line with weirdos at work, but I just wanted to vent. Sorry.

But we do have a "boss" that takes credit for work he didn't do. I thought that was weird....:kill:

13. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it was always YOU fucked up and WE did a great job. I have to admit though, I always got the annual bonus.

14. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a lady here in our office that makes a HUGE jug of iced tea every morning. She unwraps at least 15 tea bags and set them in water for about 3 hours on the kitchenette counter - open, no lid. Then around noon (like clockwork) she takes the tea bags out, pour about 100 packets of sugar in it, mixes it with a long-handled spoon and lets it sit for another hour - open, no lid. She can be seen sitting at one of the tables with her lunch and iced tea at 1:00p. One time, a guy told her, "I can buy you a six-pack of iced tea so you can drink it anytime you want". She told him her tea is fresh.

15. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ALL of the management level people would bring a lunch from home so they could prove they were hot shit by having a working lunch. They would leave all of their dishes, glasses, cups and Tupperware in the sink for the rest of the day and sometimes several days. Many of them would push their leftovers down the drain, even though there was no garbage disposal.

I would go into the break room and announce in a very loud voice: "I guess it's the maid's day off. Goddam slobs!!".

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.