1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bus from LAX to Las vegas?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by wertok, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wertok

wertok Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello
    We arrive at 6 PM in LAX and we are thinking of getting on a bus to Las vegas. How do we do this easiest, are there any buses going from airport to Vegas? How many hours does this trip take appr?

//Mattias

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you are already at the airport, why not just fly to Vegas?

As to bus, I am sure there are buses from somewhere in LA to Vegas. No idea where you would catch it. I just did a quick GOOGLE and see that some routes are 6hours. But, you have to get from the airport to wherever the bus leaves from.

3. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    6 pm at LAX when? I pick up the LUX bus at LAX to Vegas, but you must book the bus beforehand and the bus leaves in the morning. If you want to take a bus from LAX upon arrival, you can use Greyhound, but then you'll have to go Downtown LA.
    The easiest is Flying.
    If it's an upcoming trip, i would suggest LUX bus. You can spend the night at an LAX hotel and then the LUX shuttle will take you to Anaheim, then the main bus takes you from Anaheim-Vegas in 4 1/2 hours: www.luxbusamerica.com/bus-to-las-vegas-service.php

Otherwise, catch a plane from LAX.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  4. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MegaBus goes to and from Vegas for about 15 bucks (and up) but I'm not famiar enough with the LA area to know where the transit center is and if it's accessible from lax. Hopefully some of our la members can help.

5. wertok

wertok Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We arrive on LAX a month from now. We are taking a plane or bus depending how much the difference in time it is. We have compared price and time. And the question now is rather if there are buses going directly from LAX to Vegas.

6. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, but you have to consider a couple of things.
    You can take the LUX Bus from LAX (which is what i do), however, it departs at 7:30 in the morning. You can also use the Mega Bus from LA-Vegas using the 12:15 am bus, but you have to go downtown to Union Station. So you would have to pay a fortune in cab fare.

If you don't plan on spending the night at LAX, i suggest flying to Vegas.

If you have a night to spare, by all means use the LUX Bus. It departs at LAX hotels about 7:30 am (LUX shuttle), which goes from LA to Anaheim Gardenwalk (across from Disneyland), then the main bus (48 seats) departs Anaheim to Vegas. It takes about 4 1/2 hours. They have an attendant on board that offers you juice/sodas/snacks, reclining leather seats, 2 movies, each seat is wi-fi, etc, etc.

You need to decide what is best for you. If you're leaving LAX the same night, then fly, if you want to depart the next morning, i suggest the LUX bus.

7. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Blue

The Megabus departs from Union Station. The one way fare is about $60 + cab fare. The only Bus that hits LAX is LUX Bus America.

8. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He could take the Flyaway to Union Station and catch the Megabus from there. It's a lot of travel... Is it worth it? If you book a flight far ahead enough, it shouldn't be too bad.

9. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good find. The Flyaway buses depart from LAX every half hour. However, the Megabus departs Union Station at 12:15 am, so they would have to wait a few hours for the Bus, then 5 1/2 hours to Vegas. that's a lot of time.
    I would catch a plane to Vegas, easier and faster.

10. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I suggest flying as well! Southwest out of LAX should be in the $70's, if you can book before they sell out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.