1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which of these hotels? Flamingo, Bally's, LINQ?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by peachapple, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peachapple

peachapple Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi. I'm currently planning a 3-day stay in Las Vegas during Thanksgiving time. It will be me and my boyfriend's first time in Las Vegas together and we are planning on only hanging out on the strip. We are students so we're looking for a cheap, clean hotel with a good location.

I've narrowed it down to three hotels: Flamingo, Bally's, and LINQ. All three are similar pricing. We have a car, but we're going to be walking everywhere when we arrive so we need convenient and safe parking. We're only going to be in our room for sleeping, showering, and breaks, but we'd still like the rooms and bathrooms to be clean and not extremely cramped. We're not into gambling but we may play a couple hundred. We're going to be seeing a show, sightseeing on the strip, clubbing, shopping and having a few nice meals.

I could not find anything about LINQ because it's not opened yet. Any ideas what this place will be like?

Which one would be best for us? And any tips for these hotels and anything else you suggest we do while we're in Las Vegas?

2. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would choose Bally's, it's mid Strip, and the rooms are pretty big. Convenient to most Strip Hotels, and it's connected to Paris which opens a lot more options with food. Also, PHO is right next door as well as Cosmo as well as Bellagio, Caesar's, and Cromwell.
    You have shopping at PHO, Caesar's, and you can walk to Fashion Show Mall.
    If you want to see a show, check out TIX outside of Bally's for discounts. Also pick up the free Las Vegas guide mag for discounts .
    The great thing about Bally's is parking your car. It's connected to Paris and getting out is pretty easy by avoiding the Strip.
    Try and get the new Jubilee rooms (formally the south tower), perhaps use the $20 tip. If not, get the deluxe rooms at Indigo NorthTower higher up.
    Buy the time Thanksgiving comes around, the new Grand Bazaar Shopping area should be completed at Bally's.
    By staying at Bally's, you will be close to everything, including the Monorail and the free trams to lighten the load if you don't feel like walking everywhere.
    Be sure to check out the new Linq entertainment center where you can see rock acts, bowl, and get drunk at O'Shea's. Be sure to check out Venitian, NYNY, MGM, Luxor. All within walking distance from Bally's

3. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say Flamingo. I like the hotel and atmosphere better than Bally's. I wouldn't stay at the new Linq as the rooms have not been renovated and they were pretty bad when it is the IP

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  4. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this.

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say Bally's. You can easily get a newly remodeled room and you are right in the middle of the action. Parking is easy at Bally's as well. There is nothing wrong with Flamingo either, I actually like both. I usually go Flamingo in summer if I think I want to do the pool thing quite a bit. I also say Bally's since you mentioned you want to do a few nice meals. Easier walk to some good eats.

6. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for Bally's... great location and being attached to Paris makes it a no brainer for a first timer. Flamingo would be my #2. If it were summer and the pool was in your plans I would probably vote the other way around.

7. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree. Until Linq is totally done with their renovations, I would avoid staying there.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they are all within the same price range, I would choose Flamingo first, Bally's second (normally my first choice but all of the construction hassle) and Linq third.

I don't want to stay at Linq, particularly on the weekends, until they have done something about the elevators.

9. Markinmd

Markinmd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ballys first and then Flamingo, it's a close call.

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's is probably the nicest of the 3... but yea some pretty heavy construction going on there. I would try for a GO room at Flamingo, pretty good choice, hotel is in a good location.

What's your budget? Rates are pretty reasonable around thanksgiving, you might be able to do better than you think. Check SmarterVegas.com (I would look on there for deals at MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and Mirage, that would be a step up)

11. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1.Bally's
    2.Flamingo

3.Dont stay at Quad,Link,IP.

12. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no construction hassle IMO. If you're at Bally's and want to go south, you use the indoor walkway through Paris. If you come out of Bally's and want to go north, you cross the street at Bally's on Flamingo Blvd to Cromwell and voila!!
    Also, the Linq area has 2 crosswalks.......one to Caesar's, and the other one at Harrah's to Mirage.
    On the south side of Bally's you can continue on to MGM etc, using the bridge or cross the street at PHO to Bellagio.
    I actually think it's easier to exit Bally's going north/south as it has ever been. You used to bypass the urinal gardens in front of Bally's, now you can bypass Hawaiian Marketplace Part Deux gone mad apply named Bazaar.......LOL..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.