1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

And now adrian peterson

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by broncofn, Sep 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And now news about AP comes out. I'm sure there are many more coming out soon.

2. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He whipped his own 4 yr old kid so hard he had marks 7 days later, one would think a slap rt two would have the desired effect with a kid that age, not dozens of blows.

Yup the NFL image is still intact.

By the way, I see he said he gave his kid the same kind of old fashioned discipline he received as a child. I guess ray rice should have said that his dad beat his mom alot, so it was ok to knock his girlfriend out?

3. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received a text from my buddy and was shocked. Then I read the details and saw the photos and am completely appalled...especially after reading his text to the boy's mother.

Jeez.

4. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Relax, i wasnt saying this or that. All i was implying is that another story came out and that im thinking that many others are to follow.

Have a good nite.

5. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol guess I was raised old school. I didn't see the issue having had much worse disciplining.

6. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    read what the kid said in the interview with the police , it's disgusting

7. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wasn't responding to your post, just the incident.

8. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awful. Athletes must learn that the rules apply to them, also.

9. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We, the fans, are one of the root causes of all this. We have been idolizing and giving these athletes a sense of entitlement since they were 12 - 14 years old. We pack the stadiums and watch the games on tv so much that the ratings demand a billion dollar pay day. They have been getting paid by boosters for big plays since high school and they have come to expect it. We lavish them with millions to play for OUR team. We let them slide on shootings and beatings at clubs because they are the star linebacker or kick returner. DUI's are just laughed off. Hey, the boys need to have fun! Even the owner of "America's Team" can assault a stripper and just laugh it off.

We let them know they can do no wrong, as long as they deliver on the field or court. We kiss their bare naked asses and beg for more. We treat them like gods.

What is a young man in his 20's who most likely came from poverty, supposed to think? Life in the fast lane!

Too many players now play the game for money, power and personal glory. The next Mercedes, the next $100 shower in a strip club.

It's the personification of moral decay in America, played out before our eyes.

And we make our plans for Vegas and Super Bowl weekend, March Madness and the NBA Finals, bet millions on the outcomes and if the boys need a toke or two, let 'em have it.

And the nation and our values keep sliding down the slippery, muddy hillside.

10. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did and I'm having a hard time believing it came from the kids mouth and not the moms. The kid said AP has a whooping room and has used belts to whoop him in the past as well as switches. He also said he was scared AP would punch him but he never stated AP had punched him in the past. Honestly this is whats wrong with America today. On one hand we complain about kids being out of control and turning into yolo criminals but when people start disciplining their kids, we also have an issue with that. My view is I will not whoop my kids but I can't honestly say what AP did was wrong. I know one thing, that kid won't ever shove his brother off his bike again.

I didn't grow up in the US and as a kid I got whoopings that if they happened in the US, would've likely resulted in my parents behind bars. I wasn't a bad kid by any means but those whoopings got me to go down the right path in life. I still love my parents and hold no ill will towards them. They did what was taught to them and I believe so did AP. Someone that grows up in the south or even the midwest is going to be subjected to different disciplining than someone that grows up in California.

Did he go too far? umm maybe but I don't think it came from the let me take my anger out on my child frame of mind.

The alleged abuse pic
    [​IMG]

11. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you need to have you brain checked out.
    how anyone can defend or justify what peterson did is discussing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No I shouldn't have my brain checked out. Thanks for your concern though :)

13. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a 4 year old I think it's a way too much..Wonder if the grand jury asked AP how old he was when 'whooped' like that? Why the heck could'nt he just have spanked the kid on the ass a few times?.Poor little kid went through some serious pain I bet..The pix out there don't look like cat scratches or falling off the bike road rash kids cry over..
    I hope he's suspended longer than one game.Could care less if it's entire season or a Ray Rice indefinite..

14. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I grew up with spanking. I've even gotten it with a switch. But nothing I experienced as a child was that severe. A switch will cause welts pretty quickly but it takes a lot to cause bloody scratches like that which won't heal. I always question folks who claim spanking as a family tradition if they were ever hit as hard as they are giving now and if they were, why can't they as adults realize that it was abuse. AP's personal life has been a hot mess even without this and as the father of a child abused to death, he should have thought twice about hitting this one.

15. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well done, sir. You handle angry semi-literate trolls far better than I do. :nworthy:

16. JerryVO

JerryVO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AP is a monster. Because of his bad choices in life my first round FFL pick is out and I have to play Montes Ball in his place this week.

17. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One interesting factor is that peterson is using his fathers treatment of him as a child as a excuse, his father spent considerable time in prison, you would think that he would have learned that's not quite the proper role model.

18. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try not to take anything on the internet personally. We all have different opinions and thats what make us unique... even the trolls although I don't think that person was trying to troll.

19. Guardian

Guardian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then there is Greg Hardy of the Carolina Panthers who was CONVICTED in July of assaulting and threatening to kill his ex-girlfriend. And guess who is playing today against the Detroit Lions? But he is appealing the verdict so the NFL so far is going to let it play out. Which means he won't miss a game this year.

20. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Panthers office has announced Greg Hardy is inactive for today's game. Hopefully, he will remain inactive for many more games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.